Monster cables are the best!

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Jesus Christ. You tools actually take the shit this guy says seriously. Classic.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Monster Cables have more Megnahurts. :(

I meant to say, they're very overpriced. ;)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
And I thought you were a smart guy. Hmph!

I'm not going to connect my hifi together with normal RCA cables.... sorry

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
kernow said:

So you're saying because you spent thousands on your system you might as well spend ridiculous amounts on cables? I must give you the :spock:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
kernow said:
Are the cables you're using made of solid gold?

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
SpamYouToDeath said:

Oh, c'mon, we all know Moster Cables are the only cables that can show the Wii's "BLAST PROCESING!!!" capabilities.

El Cernex

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:

no, copper

and ki, you're right, I'm not going to use standard RCA cables like I mentioned before.

its hardly like I went crazy and spent millions, I just went for what I thought was suitable.

*shrug*

of course, I could have spent that money on countless ngh systems, buy sell, buy sell, or maybe a broken 360, or other such junk, but no. its one purchase I had to make, thats all. it won't happen again because I won't be upgrading.

:)

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I don't care for Monster Cables much, but I don't blame kern for not wanting to use shitty dollar store RCA cables with his hifi setup either. I know it wasn't cheap. :(

Anyway, from an electronics view:

Do Monster Cables cost too much? Of course. Will they sound much better? Probably not... On the plus side, at least they're probably insulated well.

With that said, considering how much Monster Cables cost, they should be made from silver. Silver's a much better conductor than gold, or even copper. Of course it corrodes a bit, but even the corrosion's highly conductive (unlike most other metals). Maybe a silver alloy combination for the contacts would be appropriate (to reduce corrosion).

In any case, gold's only advantages are the fact that it doesn't corrode, and it's soft. On a (very) microscopic scale, it would probably interlock better if it's used on connectors... but you have to consider the fact that it's less conductive than other metals (copper included), so this is mostly irrelevant. So...the 24K gold plated bullshit's a gimmick.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I wonder if I could tell the difference in a double blind test?

who even cares? :loco:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
xmods said:
I am now dumber having read this thread. Didn't think it was possible but sure enough.

Kernow has been known to have that affect on members.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
so uh anyway I got like $10 off after harassing this guy at the game shop and I won , yeah I beat his ass down, god I'm great, yeah, check me save $10 and make a thread about it declaring my ownage..

haha

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
no, they are 16 individual cables woven together

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
kernow said:
no, they are 16 individual cables woven together
So why didn't you just buy 16 $5 cables? Woulda saved you $500.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
because I bought an interconnect in that price too

also, who cares? I don't ... why should you?

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
kernow said:
because I bought an interconnect in that price too

also, who cares? I don't ... why should you?

I'm pointing out the fact that you're an idiot. You bought $600 cables that you don't care about?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
I'm pointing out the fact that you're an idiot. You bought $600 cables that you don't care about?

yeah, problem with that? infatuated with my life or what?

its not your money, why do you give a shit when the owner obviously doesn't?

:spock:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
kernow said:
yeah, problem with that? infatuated with my life or what?

its not your money, why do you give a shit when the owner obviously doesn't?

Ahahaha, you'll never live this down man. The mighty (at least in his own mind) kernow has a weakness! Fucking cables.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

I'm not stupid, I didn't go overboard.. I mean christ some of you retards still pay that for neo games.. how often do I need to buy cables.. once..

I bought discounted speaker cable, I actually got a 3rd off, and bought the interconnect in a sale.. I don't know why I actually have to explain myself though. .hows that 360 you wasted money on? and all these homecart systems and games you can't decide wether to keep or not? I find that more strange to be honest.

I bought what I could afford and wanted to pay basically, hah.. what do I care if I 'live it down' or not .. pfft.. some people spend $600 on ltd edition hoodies and jeans .. jesus.. its only money :smirk:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
kernow said:

I'm not stupid, I didn't go overboard.. I mean christ some of you retards still pay that for neo games.. how often do I need to buy cables.. once..

I bought discounted speaker cable, I actually got a 3rd off, and bought the interconnect in a sale.. I don't know why I actually have to explain myself though. .hows that 360 you wasted money on? and all these homecart systems and games you can't decide wether to keep or not? I find that more strange to be honest.

I bought what I could afford and wanted to pay basically, hah.. what do I care if I 'live it down' or not .. pfft.. some people spend $600 on ltd edition hoodies and jeans .. jesus.. its only money :smirk:

I'm doing just fine, I got exactly what I paid for those broken Xbox 360's and 2 of my AES systems.

The 3rd AES I sold I actually got on eBay for mega-cheap, had it modded, and was actually able to make about $30 profit on it after all was said and done.

I broke even on alll of my games except for RB2, which I actuallly made about $30 profit on as well. I bought it for under $120 and sold it for $150.

I'm doing just fine kernow. Have a nice day. :D