MISTer FPGA?

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
I canceled my Patreon subscription because of this.
He said it would not take much time to port the cores but if I check the news in Discord it's mostly pocket related.

And that he never fixed the sound volume problem in King of Dragons was another reason.
"Works for the most part, OK, lets move on." :cautious:

promking

Armored Scrum Object
I canceled my Patreon subscription because of this.
He said it would not take much time to port the cores but if I check the news in Discord it's mostly pocket related.

And that he never fixed the sound volume problem in King of Dragons was another reason.
"Works for the most part, OK, lets move on." :cautious:
There's has to be some secret relationship between him and analogue...
We used to get nice weekly updates, and he was more active.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive seen some MARS posts on twitter (pardon me X) but it seems like vaporware. Ive seen their mockups or whatever, but nothing with cores actually running.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Mars isn't all FPGA, just a heads up. The cores that they're boasting (like Naomi and CV1000) are very likely software emulation and thus no different than running those games on your PC or a Raspberry Pi.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Mars isn't all FPGA, just a heads up. The cores that they're boasting (like Naomi and CV1000) are very likely software emulation and thus no different than running those games on your PC or a Raspberry Pi.
Not that Im doubting (im not) but do you have a source on this? i wanna see if there's any justification for them touting it as a MiSTer replacement when it doesn't seem to be.

And 7 bills? Someone can get a MiSTer and a retropie setup for less than that, especially if later stuff like Naomi and all that are going to essentially BE retroarch "cores."

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Check Pr4m0d’s Twitter. I don’t have a Twitter account, so can’t link you, but he talks about it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So annoying because for the longest time whenever he mentioned "Pocket" I wanted to believe it was NGP. It sounds like progress on the core is pretty stalled again last it was mentioned. What a shame.
Yeah. I was hoping for that and the PGM core he showed interest in.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
PGM is the one I want badly. I thought I remember someone else was working on one?
I know one guy on twitter showed interest in making a multi cart for it, but not sure about a core.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah thats the dude. I remember he went and got a PGM from Sheep or something to start tinkering.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
I never knew so many people felt the same way I did about Jotego.
I love what he’s done and doing, but it seems everything I wanted… fell to the back burner for the pocket and now that’s the only real updates.
Man I got really excited about the Neo pocket core, and pgm.
Maybe one day we’ll get cps3.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
A new fpga system that is compatible with MiSTer cores is coming next year

$700 is steep, but at least you get a nice and usable form factor out of the box instead of needing something like an Ironclad.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
A new fpga system that is compatible with MiSTer cores is coming next year

$700 is steep, but at least you get a nice and usable form factor out of the box instead of needing something like an Ironclad.

With more power
https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/mister-fpga.259678/page-10#post-4487959

I'm waiting first benchmark and test

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Doh just on the previous page, my bad.

The more power is nice, but I think it also needs to win some marketshare before core authors start to take advantage of that power. But if we can get newer systems on this thing, then hell yeah.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
At first I thought it's just another Mister competitor, but 4K support, included jamma connection, nice all-in-one plug-and-play ports make it compelling.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
a FPGA Game Boy clone coming this January 2024

If it's like $89 maybe - but real hardware w/modern displays are extremely accessible. But a decked out GBC will run you about $150 - so if this can compete, maybe

Edit: oh shit! $69....allllrrriiiggghhtt