Mini Marquee Project

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Super Sidekicks 3 has been tough for me to find some decent quality scans for. I started working on an existing scan and cleaning it up a bit. Its still very rough but you will get the idea of what im doing. What do you think?

Before:
ssideki3b4.jpg

After:
superside3aft%20copy.jpg

firebomber

Astra Superstar
NeoCverA said:
Super Sidekicks 3 has been tough for me to find some decent quality scans for. I started working on an existing scan and cleaning it up a bit. Its still very rough but you will get the idea of what im doing. What do you think?
Looks good. The green border seems a bit too bright though.

I found some nice art for Matrimelee so I put together a mini in the same style as my SvC one. Thanks go to Lithy for hosting the Matrimelee flyer which I took the command box from.

matrimelee.jpg

high res .pdf file 3.1 megs
matrimelee

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
firebomber said:
Looks good. The green border seems a bit too bright though.

I found some nice art for Matrimelee so I put together a mini in the same style as my SvC one. Thanks go to Lithy for hosting the Matrimelee flyer which I took the command box from.

matrimelee.jpg

high res .pdf file 3.1 megs
matrimelee

Nize job....makes we wanna buy the game even more. :buttrock:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
One more, this time Slug 4. Thanks again to Lithy for hosting the flyer scan which was of great use.

metalslug4.jpg

high res .pdf file 2.6 megs
Metal Slug 4

I wanted to start work on a mini for Sengoku 3, but I can't find any art or flyer scans. Does anyone have some I could use?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll up the Sengoku 3 scan when I get home from work thanks a lot guys.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sengoku 3 scan is up Let me know if anyone needs anything else.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
lithy said:
Sengoku 3 scan is up Let me know if anyone needs anything else.

Can you put the MS5 and SSV MM's that you posted on the 1st page, up again for download? I missed them the 1st time round. :(

Rick

Crazed Addict,
Sam Sho 5 Mini Marquee

I'd definintely aprreciate a high resolution .jpg version of that Samurai Shodown 5
mini-marquee!!!!
Thanks!

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BenMonkey said:
AWESOME work, firebomber!! The KOF 2001 logo seems a little small for a mini-marquee, but otherwise they're really, really great.

I figured I might as well whip up an SVC marquee since I had some time tonight.. (no hi-res again, sorry.. don't have the webspace for it anyway):

svcmm.jpg

http://www.flyinsaucier.com/svcmm.jpg

And I made a slightly different SS5 marquee than the one lithy previously posted (cuts out some of the less legible text):

ss5mm.jpg

http://www.flyinsaucier.com/ss5mm.jpg

Off to Kinko's tomorrow to get these printed and laminated!

Very cool!

Hey Ben, how about mirroring the ryu's art? I look a bit weird since the 2 are facing the same direction... And it's just me, or ryu looks bigger than kyo?

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Back in the first page when there was discussion about the generic MVS mini marquee, the link to an example provided doesn't work. I'm assuming that this is the one talked about...
mvsposter.jpg

If anyone can clean this up and resize it to the proper size, that would be great. I would do it myself, but I don't have Photoshop... :crying:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
just use this scan that I did of mine instead. It's the correct size and pretty high res.
MVS

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
firebomber said:
One more, this time Slug 4. Thanks again to Lithy for hosting the flyer scan which was of great use.

metalslug4.jpg

high res .pdf file 2.6 megs
Metal Slug 4

I wanted to start work on a mini for Sengoku 3, but I can't find any art or flyer scans. Does anyone have some I could use?

Wow!!..This is really nice..

BenMonkey

n00b
Verythrax said:
Very cool!

Hey Ben, how about mirroring the ryu's art? I look a bit weird since the 2 are facing the same direction... And it's just me, or ryu looks bigger than kyo?

It was kinda tough to flip Ryu horizontally and still be able to edit out the Capcom logo and switch it to the other side, so I just left it the same.. I'm not too patient when it comes to Photoshop. :emb:

Kyo and Ryu are about the same height, but the artist drew Ryu with WAY bigger muscles and left Kyo a scrawny little guy.. can't help with that. ;)

Glad you like them though. I have them both in my MVS 25 marquee holder, and the SVC one looks fine printed out, even though it isn't hi-res.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bump, just a few left, I'm planning on placing an order for some test run supplies soon whether we have all designs or not.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I've been wanting to go back to older titles and re-mastering them. I was wondering if you could share all of your layers with me (control layouts, etc). Im talking about the loose layers within your workpath when your creating your current ones. Im not too big on keeping to the original Marquee if we can come up with a more dynamic version. Having the layouts (controls) would give some flexibility on different game types, etc.

Also, Kinkos offers backlit signs and they charge like 15/sq foot. The material is not 100% like the original marquee stuff but in front of a light the graphics do stand out. (a bit expensive though considering the dimensions of the minis)

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
I reconstructed the generic MVS mini-marquee using some high quality logos. This isn't a scan, but it's pretty much perfect. If someone wants to make this into a PDF that will print at the right size, please do, as I don't really know how to. I imagine this would look really, really good if printed at Kinko's or somewhere.

Marquee.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
this is gargoyle7's NITD mini that I had been looking for for a while, and I definately like the simplicity :) The full file is just under a meg, this one is resized, just thought I'd share.

nitdmini2.jpg