Mini Marquee Project

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sundance said:
I uploaded the Zupapa and also took the liberty of uploading the SS5 mm. That way you can verify if its yours. Thanx for the storage space. And everyones welcome to use the Zupapa mm....thats why i made it. :D
P.S. Did you do that MS5, btw?

Yep the SS5 and MS5 are mine, I like my MS5 :)

And thanks, the username and pass are here for anyone to use :)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
I'll be doing a Ghostlop for sure, then probably the paper ones first, KOF02, Pochi, and ROTD, and then NeoCverA's Matrimelee which I love.

Just for the record, I never created a Matrimelee MM.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here it is, its firebombers sorry about that

matrimelee.jpg

Though I would like to change the matrimelee logo to one without the extra characters in the center.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
lithy said:
Here it is, its firebombers sorry about that

Though I would like to change the matrimelee logo to one without the extra characters in the center.
Glad you like it. I think it's definately the best of what I made.

I don't think a logo exists without the characters in the middle. I've never seen one without it, it's even on the homecart
matrimelee.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Its on the english homecart and on the MVS flyer scan I have, though the mvs flyers scan I have has the fold right through the center of the logo. Do you still have this in workable layers?

I can upload my mvs flyer if you want to see about using it for the logo, even still I like it :)

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Yeah I still have the originals with all layers in tact. I just merge them all when I upload it because it cuts down on the file size enormously.

I didn't know they changed the logo for the US cart. That's kind of odd...
I don't know how workable the logo will be with a fold in it. I've tried using logos with folds on some of my other marquees and they always look like ass.
Unless someone has a scan of the us home cart it's probably a hopless task.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Yeah I still have the originals with all layers in tact. I just merge them all when I upload it because it cuts down on the file size enormously.

I didn't know they changed the logo for the US cart. That's kind of odd...
I don't know how workable the logo will be with a fold in it. I've tried using logos with folds on some of my other marquees and they always look like ass.
Unless someone has a scan of the us home cart it's probably a hopless task.

True, so...who's got a Matrimelee homecart :p

I'll just be on the lookout for a scan I think, and if I ever find one we can get the logos swapped out. I don't even know what the little red characters mean in there.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Tell me exactly what you are looking for, I may be able to give it to you??
Do you want the logo that is on the front cover of my insert?? Or do you want the characters minus the logo??
My CPU is in need of a ram upgrade (90 USD) and my large bed scanner is yielding me poor grainy quality after 10 months BUT I have gathered and I am still gathering artwork for some very nice projects. I need the ram upgrade before I can tackle Metal Slug 4 though :(
-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looking for just the logo, the characters I'm talking about are the small red japanese writing in the jpn logo.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'll see what I can do.. I will have it by later this afternoon.
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Well, I took a look at the insert and I can do nothing with it given the fade affect blending into characters and especially the inferior quality of the scan. When I set up this other scanner I have, I will have at a scan of the manual and try to extract it from there. i don't like to make promises but I am pretty positive I'l be scanning tomorrow.
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Lith, I edited around the logo but not fuly because I don't know how you would want it so you can finish it up, add your contrast/saturation and sharp,etc.
If you want me to finish it up I will but I figured only you know how you would want it.
http://www.netreach.net/~scop/matlogo.pdf

let me know when you get it so I can remove it.
-BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
firebomber can you get the new logo on or get the file without the logo on the mini to me :) I appreciate it BB.

NeoGeo on Brain

Kabuki Klasher
15 Year Member
lithy said:
I'll post my idea that I'm not sure when I can get around to it.

First buy a sheet of this

http://www.dickblick.com/zz555/06/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1597

55506-1100 Clear Sheet .010" 25" × 40" $7.59

Real minis are .012" thick

Then get them printed with the mini picture mirrored so that the pic shows through the front of the clear plastic.

Then spray on an opaque back with this

http://www.misterart.com/store/view.cfm?group_id=2320&store=003

Let me know what you think.

Has anyone tried this yet? :help:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
NeoGeo on Brain said:
Has anyone tried this yet? :help:

I just got a section of the transparency cut tonight, was waiting to finish up my midterms :) So hopefully barring me being a total lazy ass I'll have some kind of preliminary test by the weekend

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Here's Matrimelee mini V2.0
Many thanks Big Bear for providing the logo.

I changed the color a bit on the logo, but couldn't get it exactly perfect. Still looks good though.

matrimeleeRevised.jpg

Hi res PDF
matrimeleeV2

Sundance

Sho's Rival
firebomber said:
Here's Matrimelee mini V2.0
Many thanks Big Bear for providing the logo.

I changed the color a bit on the logo, but couldn't get it exactly perfect. Still looks good though.

matrimeleeRevised.jpg

Hi res PDF
matrimeleeV2

Very Nize job....loox great!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes thank you so much firebomber :) gonna see about getting this one printed first best fan made one yet.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Thanks. I'm glad you guys are putting it to good use (I actually don't even own the game myself yet :spock: )

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ssvsmini1.jpg

A work in progress

I think with the silhouettes on it like on NeoCverA's quick one

ssvs-copy.jpg

I'd be finished but even though he explained how to do it I just can't get them coming out very clean :)

Once its finished next step is to add all English text to the controls box, swap the Japanese label for the English and voila english mini too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Done? I think I'm done with it unless someone has some amazing critique :)

ssvsminicopy.jpg

And kinkos wouldn't print on my thick transparency :( so its back to the drawing board unless the university print shop will.

Making an english one shouldn't take long.

Last edited: