Metal Slug Mania Part Sega - Metal Slug 6 - 5/4

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
lol would it do it for you if I did a sexy voice?
I'm really sorry man, it's probably less irl. I tried to watch your videos but the sound just triggers my adhd. Nothing wrong with the videos.
I'll smoke a bit more and give it another try😁👍

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I love @awbacon 's casual and earnest speaking style in his videos. One thing that can't go unnoticed is the insane release schedule that his Youtube channel keeps. It's obvious none of the videos are scripted, and being able to speak with that conviction and clarity off the cuff without making any mistakes every few thoughts takes real natural skill that I for one certainly don't have. I'm amazed how many games he has strong opinions about -- many of which there's a good chance viewers haven't even tried playing before.

I watch quite a bit of Youtube, and I've seen few channels that have apparently found such a confident balance between the quality of content and such a short timeline. That's owed to his film chops I guess.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I love @awbacon 's casual and earnest speaking style in his videos. One thing that can't go unnoticed is the insane release schedule that his Youtube channel keeps. It's obvious none of the videos are scripted, and being able to speak with that conviction and clarity off the cuff without making any mistakes every few thoughts takes real natural skill that I for one certainly don't have. I'm amazed how many games he has strong opinions about -- many of which there's a good chance viewers haven't even tried playing before.

I watch quite a bit of Youtube, and I've seen few channels that have apparently found such a confident balance between the quality of content and such a short timeline. That's owed to his film chops I guess.
Nothing wrong with the videos, just the sound of his voice through my phonespeakers is really high pitched and triggers me. Kinda sucks cause the vids are more than ok. Like I said in my previous post, smoke more and give it another try. Maybe on tv with youtube app.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Haha thanks...and yes. 20 years in film give me a large edge in scheduling content regularly.

The talking off the cuff part? Just something I can pull out of my ass. If I scripted these I’d never get them done

Although you don’t hear the outtakes. Lots of fucks, cocksuckers and “what the shit did you just say” gets edited out 😂

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Editing out all those cocksuckers is time-consuming though.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Editing out all those cocksuckers is time-consuming though.

I don't know why he bothers. Half the time he's speaking so quickly he's totally unintelligible.

He could say "cocksucker" a dozen times over, but all I hear is "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

BTW, I worked in broadcasting for many years and he'd had never been given a job on the airwaves / on screen with those deliveries. Not a chance. So wherever he's working he isn't learning much... not about presentation anyway.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've never had an issue with the talking speed, but if he talks fast it's probably the same speed he doesn't everything, since he releases a video almost every day.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've never had an issue with the talking speed, but if he talks fast it's probably the same speed he doesn't everything, since he releases a video almost every day.

Quality over quantity.

mhell06

n00b
Just want to say I like the videos and the dilivery. I think its perfect for the subject matter. I understand perfectly fine what is being said :)

Can't personally voiceover for shit whitout any sort of script, and even then I sound like a bored math teatcher.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I don't know why he bothers. Half the time he's speaking so quickly he's totally unintelligible.

He could say "cocksucker" a dozen times over, but all I hear is "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

BTW, I worked in broadcasting for many years and he'd had never been given a job on the airwaves / on screen with those deliveries. Not a chance. So wherever he's working he isn't learning much... not about presentation anyway.
lolol well my 20 year career in film has been ok so far so I think I am doing alright. Although I am a director / DP / editor...not on camera talent

I am not a "character" on YouTube. I am just me...and that's just how I talk. Could I change it? Sure. Would that be "me"....no

99% of everyone has no issue with it so I go with it. But I always do what I want because I am at that point in life where I get to make those decisions :)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
lolol well my 20 year career in film has been ok so far so I think I am doing alright. Although I am a director / DP / editor...not on camera talent

I am not a "character" on YouTube. I am just me...and that's just how I talk. Could I change it? Sure. Would that be "me"....no

99% of everyone has no issue with it so I go with it. But I always do what I want because I am at that point in life where I get to make those decisions :)

Well, I suppose there's only so many ways you can yell "action" or "cut".

Yup, you've come a long way since you started out in the biz as a fluffer. Well done you.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Whenever I see gaffer in the credits I always think that's a fluffer.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Whenever I see gaffer in the credits I always think that's a fluffer.
Gaffer is by far the most essential and thankless job on any set. G&E do like 90% of the work and barely get mentioned.

I am a terrible gaffer. I know what needs to be done but I’m slow as crap. That’s why I live in the camera / directing department

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Although you don’t hear the outtakes. Lots of fucks, cocksuckers and “what the shit did you just say” gets edited out 😂

Sounds like some content for your Patreons. lol

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've just realised someone doesn't know who Allen o' Neil is

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Silly questions in this
I don't know why they didn't put a ton of effort in it etc

It was a blatant cash grab, why put any effort in?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Silly questions in this
I don't know why they didn't put a ton of effort in it etc

It was a blatant cash grab, why put any effort in?

This, And the fact that Mega Enterprise were clearly a bunch of talentless chancers who stumbled upon a great IP... which they thought they could exploit by doing a mix'n'match of exisiting graphics assets.

Bacon is right in saying it plays like a Metal Slug game, because it does, albeit a very poor one.

Surpassing Slug 3 in scope, and injecting some much need originality into the series, was always going to be a challenge, but the only people who could have pulled that off imo was the original Nazca staffers.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
5 is lazy and awful too
Series should have ended at 3
I'll say that till I die

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Just pre-empted the new thread because there's a new video
Every
Six