Metal Slug 7 official trailer

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
NDS? Fuck.. Really SNKP?!

Ugh.. whatever, they might sell a decent chunk being on a system that everyone has, then maybe they'll consider actually porting it to a console. Fuck, even VC would work!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I like how originally I was the asshole for crapping on the DS about this game and Contra 4, but now people are coming around.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Alec, I was already annoyed when Metriod, Castlevania, Contra and a load of other games I like ended up on that shitty ass thing....

Here my old sig says it all..

DS_Ruiner.jpg

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alec, I was already annoyed when Metriod, Castlevania, Contra and a load of other games I like ended up on that shitty ass thing....

DS_Ruiner.jpg

There are still people who bitch about classic games being on the DS? Get over it already. I'm not a fan of it anymore then the next guy, but at least we have these great games to play. It's 2008, and I can still go out and purchase a new 2D Contra or Castlevania. That in itself is pretty amazing.

It's not ideal, but it's better then nothing.

EDIT: When did Bioware make anything classic? You mean the new craptastic Sonic game?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
There are still people who bitch about classic games being on the DS? Get over it already. I'm not a fan of it anymore then the next guy, but at least we have these great games to play. It's 2008, and I can still go out and purchase a new 2D Contra or Castlevania. That in itself is pretty amazing.

Just because you like putting up with a turd covered in flowers and candy doesn't make it any less of a turd.

I'd been bitching since day 1 because some of my classic franchises are being pushed out of a console/arcade venu onto a shitty handheld. What'd be amazing is if I didn't have to see this kind of shit coming out on a console system..

http://kotaku.com/5020097/wii-castlevania-revealed-its-a-fighting-game

I dunno what's worse, Having to attempt to play some 2D games on a PoS handheld or look at this on a console and wonder what the fuck Konami is smoking.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

DS_Ruiner.jpg
But Metroid they still made for consoles. The DS one was just a portable version. I'm with you on most of the others though.

Castlevania has found new life on the Nintendo portables though, and deserves some credit for that. It's not like they stopped completely trying to make console games.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Just because you like putting up with a turd covered in flowers and candy doesn't make it any less of a turd.

I'd been bitching since day 1 because some of my classic franchises are being pushed out of a console/arcade venu onto a shitty handheld. What'd be amazing is if I didn't have to see this kind of shit coming out on a console system..

http://kotaku.com/5020097/wii-castlevania-revealed-its-a-fighting-game

I dunno what's worse, Having to attempt to play some 2D games on a PoS handheld or look at this on a console and wonder what the fuck Konami is smoking.

Contra 4 is a great game
Castlevania DS is a great game

But for some reason, in your world, because they were released on a handheld, they're shitty. That's got to be one of the sorriest excuses I've ever heard for hating a video game. So if it's not on a console or in the arcades, it's pure crap?

Your logic is full proof.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Contra 4 is a great game
Castlevania DS is a great game

But for some reason, in your world, because they were released on a handheld, they're shitty. That's got to be one of the sorriest excuses I've ever heard for hating a video game. So if it's not on a console or in the arcades, it's pure crap?

Your logic is full proof.

Again since reading comprehension isn't something you've mastered yet.

I don't want to play Classic 2D games on a shitty handheld piece of garbage.

idc if it's the most 2D whored out goodness to ever exist. If it's on a handheld, I want nothing to do with the shit. Does it take a sledgehammer to knock some sense into you or what? Not everyone enjoys portable gaming no matter how good some people think it is.

I'm not the only person alone on these forums much less this thread that agrees with this. I'm sorry that you're feeling a little butthurt over not everyone liking what you like but that's ok.

Not everyone enjoys playing in the same sandbox.

Castlevania has found new life on the Nintendo portables though, and deserves some credit for that.

To a point. It all boils down to "Do you enjoy playing your games on a large screen or squinting your eyes trying to sit there and play a portable piece of crap and wondering why this kind of talent couldn't be invested into something bigger?"

As far as Metriod goes, I liked and finished the Gamecube Versions but my 1st love will always be Super Metroid for SNES. Best title in the damn series imo.

Edit: Wow another Great Game being remade on this DS I just found out about today.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

afk punching kittens.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Again since reading comprehension isn't something you've mastered yet.

I don't want to play Classic 2D games on a shitty handheld piece of garbage.

idc if it's the most 2D whored out goodness to ever exist. If it's on a handheld, I want nothing to do with the shit. Does it take a sledgehammer to knock some sense into you or what? Not everyone enjoys portable gaming no matter how good some people think it is.

I'm not the only person alone on these forums much less this thread that agrees with this. I'm sorry that you're feeling a little butthurt over not everyone liking what you like but that's ok.

Not everyone enjoys playing in the same sandbox.

Did a Gameboy kill your mother? Or maybe it was a Game Gear that kicked your dog when you were a boy. Whatever it was, let it go man. Your blind hatred of portables is ridiculous. Me butthurt? Hey, if you don't like portables, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it. And I'm entitled to think you're a raging dipshit for having such a small minded opinion. In the end, you're the one who's missing out on some of the best games to ever come out. All because you can't get over the fact it's a portable.

To a point. It all boils down to "Do you enjoy playing your games on a large screen or squinting your eyes trying to sit there and play a portable piece of crap and wondering why this kind of talent couldn't be invested into something bigger?"

As far as Metriod goes, I liked and finished the Gamecube Versions but my 1st love will always be Super Metroid for SNES. Best title in the damn series imo.

Edit: Wow another Great Game being remade on this DS I just found out about today.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

afk punching kittens.

Squinting your eyes? That's the best you can come up with old man? I'll personally buy you a pair of no line bifocals. I know, it's a bit embarrassing to admit you have a problem, but keep knocking back those Ensures. That should help some.

I've heard some weak excuses in my life, but this one takes the cake. With your poor eyesight, I'd get a kick out of watching you try and use a cell phone.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Did a Gameboy kill your mother? Or maybe it was a Game Gear that kicked your dog when you were a boy. Whatever it was, let it go man. Your blind hatred of portables is ridiculous. Me butthurt? Hey, if you don't like portables, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it. And I'm entitled to think you're a raging dipshit for having such a small minded opinion. In the end, you're the one who's missing out on some of the best games to ever come out. All because you can't get over the fact it's a portable.

Wow, look at all butthurt. I'm not missing on crap because It's on a portable.

Message here bright guy: Not everyone likes portable gaming.

Squinting your eyes? That's the best you can come up with old man? I'll personally buy you a pair of no line bifocals. I know, it's a bit embarrassing to admit you have a problem, but keep knocking back those Ensures. That should help some.

What? You're gonna tell me that dropping down from a 32 inch television to a tinyass lil piece of crap little screen makes it a viable excuse that I should have to suck it up and play these games on a portable because I'm missing out?

Screw that noise. Nintendo isn't getting a damn dime of my money if the best they can do for 2D is put it on a portable. Keep making comments about my eyesight, You're a real winner here guy. *thumbs up

I've heard some weak excuses in my life, but this one takes the cake. With your poor eyesight, I'd get a kick out of watching you try and use a cell phone.

The only excuse is weak is you sitting here telling me I'm missing out on some great gaming. Yeah that would be pretty awesome to play these games if it wasn't on a piece of crap portable.

I'd already decided a longass time ago that I'm done with 2D gaming on anything that isn't a console. After hearing that Metal Slug which is and was one of my most favorite series went to the Nintendo DS, I already said fuck it and I'm done.

Assholes to elbows the Nintendo DS is and always shall be a piece of crap even if it didn't have a lot of 2D games on it.

P.S. I'm not as blind as you think I am. I can use a lolCellphone just fine and I can look at a DS, PSP screen just as fine as well but looking at the difference from a large screen to this is a sad joke.

Since you think I'm the only one who's said anything, Maybe you should look back on this thread again.

Slug 7? On a handheld?

Haha, no thx, not interested. Wake me up when they release it for a proper system.

Ope lookit this. Seems he's got the right idea also.

The Truth speaks :glee:

It's a shame, because it looks pretty good in places, but I really don't think I'd enjoy squinting at the DS's tiny screen to play it.

Still, SNK Playmore seem unable to put a decent fucking port out of Slugs 1,2,X and 3 on the PS2 so I suppose there's no hope of seeing MS7 on a TV screen. If there's one series that's been fucked up since the original SNK became defunct, it's the metal slug series.

Wow look at this quote also. Seems he also gets the idea which you're not.

Disagree. And the DS is a kids machine. BOO SNK. BOO.

Wow another person who thinking along the same lines. Wow maybe it's just not me then eh? Is the butthurt around your asscheeks starting to bleed a little now?

NDS? Fuck.. Really SNKP?!

Ugh.. whatever, they might sell a decent chunk being on a system that everyone has, then maybe they'll consider actually porting it to a console. Fuck, even VC would work!

Another person saying the same damn thing. Holy shit I'm on a roll tonight folks!

I like how originally I was the asshole for crapping on the DS about this game and Contra 4, but now people are coming around.

Wow a comment about it also from one of the oldest members in the NeoScene along with myself!

Jesus lookit this shit will you guy? Doesn't look I'm the only one afterall who's telling you that even if you cover a turd with flowers and candy, it's still a turd.

Do yourself a favor and stop beating off on your precious little piece of crap 2d portable. A lot of us don't give a shit if it looks great. It's still on a fucking portable.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Wow, look at all butthurt. I'm not missing on crap because It's on a portable.

Message here bright guy: Not everyone likes portable gaming.

What? You're gonna tell me that dropping down from a 32 inch television to a tinyass lil piece of crap little screen makes it a viable excuse that I should have to suck it up and play these games on a portable because I'm missing out?

Screw that noise. Nintendo isn't getting a damn dime of my money if the best they can do for 2D is put it on a portable. Keep making comments about my eyesight, You're a real winner here guy. *thumbs up

The only excuse is weak is you sitting here telling me I'm missing out on some great gaming. Yeah that would be pretty awesome to play these games if it wasn't on a piece of crap portable.

I'd already decided a longass time ago that I'm done with 2D gaming on anything that isn't a console. After hearing that Metal Slug which is and was one of my most favorite series went to the Nintendo DS, I already said fuck it and I'm done.

Assholes to elbows the Nintendo DS is and always shall be a piece of crap even if it didn't have a lot of 2D games on it.

P.S. I'm not as blind as you think I am. I can use a lolCellphone just fine and I can look at a DS, PSP screen just as fine as well but looking at the difference from a large screen to this is a sad joke.

So pretty much the bigger the screen, the better the game. By your definition, a crappy game on a 32" screen is better then an amazing game on a 7" screen. You do live in a magical world of rainbows and candy canes.

Let's take a journey to this magical world shall we? A place where BonusKun's hard on for all things big screen and hate for all things small screen reigns supreme.

OMG.jpg

OMG2.jpg

Oh what a place it is.

BonusKunt, dipshit of the year.

A lot of us don't give a shit if it looks great. It's still on a fucking portable.

Sig worthy.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
No, Contra 4 sucks because it was made by some American fans who had no business making a new installment in the series.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
No, Contra 4 sucks because it was made by some American fans who had no business making a new installment in the series.

What's with this elitism shit lately? Sure, the Japanese are #1 when it comes to making games, you won't get any argument from me there. I would have loved to see Konami actually make the game.

BUT

The game was surprisingly good.

So what if it was made by an American company. Is Way Forward now my favorite developer of all-time, no, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah quite a few people like the game. They probably just shouldn't have called it "Contra 4". Someone from my site got in kind of a spat with one of the staff from WayForward Technologies, the company developing the game. And in my mind the lack of professionalism from that particular employee didn't bode well for the game prior to its release, but the game turned out surprisingly okay-looking despite my initial doubts.

By the way, my suggestion that the developers should have been from the Japan Konami has nothing to do with a preference for games from Japan -- it's just my opinion that when reviving an old series, the team should be as close to the original developers as reasonably possible or you're really just shilling some random game with a known license attached to it. Look at the way Sega has whored out Sonic.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yeah quite a few people like the game. They probably just shouldn't have called it "Contra 4". Someone from my site got in kind of a spat with one of the staff from WayForward Technologies, the company developing the game. And in my mind the lack of professionalism from that particular employee didn't bode well for the game prior to its release, but the game turned out surprisingly okay-looking despite my initial doubts.

By the way, my suggestion that the developers should have been from the Japan Konami has nothing to do with a preference for games from Japan -- it's just my opinion that when reviving an old series, the team should be as close to the original developers as reasonably possible or you're really just shilling some random game with a known license attached to it. Look at the way Sega has whored out Sonic.

And the risk of the game being bad is much higher when it's farmed out. When I first heard Contra 4 was being developed by Way Forward, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Luckily it came through alright.

I understand that companies want to farm out games because of other projects, but when reviving a game like Contra, I figured it would have been a no brainer for Konami to do it. Although in the case of Gradius 5, having an outside developer, kind of, do the game turned out awesome!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Wow sounds like someone really has some freetime. Shit kid you even went so far as to create images trying to mock me?

I'm really touched but all it does is show you how much of a dumbass you still are.

"BonusKunt", Wow as if that shit hadn't been used before. Get some new material. It wasn't fresh the 1st time. You already fell flat on your ass the 1st time you tried to argue with me and now you're sitting in the booth of your own bruised ego trying to talk tough on a message board. Nobody cares. The thing you're not getting which is still baffling is that I don't care about the damn game if it's on a portable. You're thinking my way of thinking is wrong when in reality it comes down to my personal taste.

This is just a point you're missing over and over. I do not care if it's on a portable. I wanted to play this game on a fucking real console not a portable. Is this shit so hard for you to comprehend?

What's with this elitism shit lately?

Dude you're on neo-geo.com/ If you didn't think that shit didn't exist here then you really fell off the turnip truck.

btw love the images. Keep em coming.

<3 BonusKunt

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Wow sounds like someone really has some freetime. Shit kid you even went so far as to create images trying to mock me?

I'm really touched but all it does is show you how much of a dumbass you still are.

"BonusKunt", Wow as if that shit hadn't been used before. Get some new material. It wasn't fresh the 1st time. You already fell flat on your ass the 1st time you tried to argue with me and now you're sitting in the booth of your own bruised ego trying to talk tough on a message board. Nobody cares.

Oh yeah....

Nintendo DS is still a piece of shit.

Dude you're on neo-geo.com/ If you didn't think that shit didn't exist here then you really fell off the turnip truck.

btw love the images. Keep em coming.

<3 BonusKunt

That's the best retort you could come up with? I have a lot of free time?

Scathing.

Those pictures were the best form of communication I have at my disposal. I figure you hate reading the tiny text in most web browsers, and we all know you're easily impressed by big pretty pictures. So I thought I would do you a little favor.

Look, here's a mind fuck for you to process, the Nintendo DS has great games and is a good system. Last I checked, there's no screen size standard a game must fit in order to be good. That bullshit standard only exists in your head.

The fact is, there is no real argument. You're not analyzing the merits of a game, it's control, sound, etc., you're just bitching about the screen size. Here, check out this Youtube video. Some guy hacked a DS and output it to a TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_pu4S5q1g

OMG, NOW IT'S GOOD CUZ IT'S T3H BIG!

This would all be funny if it was a joke.......

...... sadly it's not.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Look, here's a mind fuck for you to process, the Nintendo DS has great games and is a good system.

No it's not, The DS is a terrible piece of hardware. It's a piece of crap that is pushed off on gamers as a kiddie system & is treated as such. I'm sorry but when the Neo*Geo was released it was targetted towards a more mature audience. Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters and whatnot while were released on other systems over the years still never changed the point that these games were a lot of fun for everyone.

Now am I saying Slug 7 is shit? No I'm not. I'm saying that for me to actually be forced to choose Metal Slug 7 on a portable when it should have been on a console 1st is fucking retarded!

The fact is, there is no real argument. You're not analyzing the merits of a game, it's control, sound, etc., you're just bitching about the screen size.

*facepalm.

Did I say any fucking different? No I don't recall anything else I said different. Another great series in a long line of classic SNK titles is on a portable and has the gall to be called Metal Slug 7?

Please, It should have been named some retarded crap like 3rd Mission and not Metal Slug 7. It's fucking insulting to those of us who'd been playing that series since Metal Slug 1.

P.S. While I admit I raised the level of profanity into this thread I have to admit this has been really entertaining. I'll be sure to reply to anything else silly you might want to jump my ass about.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
No it's not, The DS is a terrible piece of hardware. It's a piece of crap that is pushed off on gamers as a kiddie system & is treated as such.

Ah there it is, the old trustworthy "kiddie system" Nintendo argument. I'm surprised you didn't fling that one out much earlier. Yes, Nintendo clearly markets the DS to a younger crowd. Who the fuck cares? Evidently you do. I still play the Dreamcast, and most shovel fed gamers would call it a "dead system". Do I then say "OHHH NOOOOEEZZZ, IT'S A DEAD SYSTEM". I could care less if you called the Nintendo DS a piece of Nazis propaganda, THE GAMES are what make a system, not the other way around.

I'm sorry but when the Neo*Geo was released it was targeted towards a more mature audience. Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters and whatnot while were released on other systems over the years still never changed the point that these games were a lot of fun for everyone.

Fun for everyone? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but SNK games are quite a small segment of the gaming IQ in this nation. It's sad yes, but it's still a fact. Again, who a game is marketed towards doesn't matter.

Now am I saying Slug 7 is shit? No I'm not. I'm saying that for me to actually be forced to choose Metal Slug 7 on a portable when it should have been on a console 1st is fucking retarded!

So it's an all or nothing thing for you right? Unless the entire gaming community bows down and spoon feeds you games in just the right manner, you won't play them? Sorry champ, but the no one is here to cut up your food and feed you.

To your credit, we both agree these should be on home consoles. I would love nothing more then that, but am I going to let that spoil the fun for me? Grow up kid and suck it up. It's not the ideal situation, but here's a secret: THAT'S LIFE.

Did I say any fucking different? No I don't recall anything else I said different. Another great series in a long line of classic SNK titles is on a portable and has the gall to be called Metal Slug 7?

Please, It should have been named some retarded crap like 3rd Mission and not Metal Slug 7. It's fucking insulting to those of us who'd been playing that series since Metal Slug 1.

An insult? You take this gaming thing way to serious when you take offense for a group of pixelated soldiers on a portable gaming device. You know what you are, a sniveling bitching gaming snob. A real life Goldilocks who has to have everything "just right" or else all is wrong with the world.

P.S. While I admit I raised the level of profanity into this thread I have to admit this has been really entertaining. I'll be sure to reply to anything else silly you might want to jump my ass about.

No prob Goldilocks. Glad to oblige.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Ah there it is, the old trustworthy "kiddie system" Nintendo argument. I'm surprised you didn't fling that one out much earlier. Yes, Nintendo clearly markets the DS to a younger crowd. Who the fuck cares? Evidently you do. I still play the Dreamcast, and most shovel fed gamers would call it a "dead system". Do I then say "OHHH NOOOOEEZZZ, IT'S A DEAD SYSTEM". I could care less if you called the Nintendo DS a piece of Nazis propaganda, THE GAMES are what make a system, not the other way around.

I wasn't the 1st one to say it so it's sort of redundant to call it what everyone already knows it is isn't it?

The games are what makes a system yes I agree but if the system is a piece of crap then the games mean nothing. You can't have one good and one bad to equal it all out.

Fun for everyone? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but SNK games are quite a small segment of the gaming IQ in this nation. It's sad yes, but it's still a fact. Again, who a game is marketed towards doesn't matter.

What, you think I didn't know that the target demographic was aimed at a very small core of players who was willing to shell out vast loads of cash to have the arcade experience at home? I already knew thet Neo*Geo was a small segment of things in the great cog of gaming but it still doesn't deter from the fact that to those of us that sunk our money into this system enjoyed the games greatly. Tho I can't excuse Fight Fever as being any good, a lot of SNK home titles were later released on the Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and Xbox system later on and hey I was all for that.

However to release one of SNK's premier titles not on a console but a fucking portable 1st meaning that a console version of said game will never fucking exist is beyond retarded. Metal Slug is meant as a huge gun fest where you're jumping all over the screen, stabbing, Shooting, flying, swimming and gunning your way to the end and enjoying every minute of it in the arcades or at home on a large screen.

You're sitting here trying to push a game on a portable with a lameass excuse of "But the game is good!!" when it reality the fact of the matter is the game could be a premier A+ title but stuffing it into a portable isn't going to change the fact that it takes away from what Metal Slug used to be.

So it's an all or nothing thing for you right? Unless the entire gaming community bows down and spoon feeds you games in just the right manner, you won't play them? Sorry champ, but the no one is here to cut up your food and feed you.

Wow look at this butthurt coming out here folks. You still keep missing the point. A lot of people here don't wanna play fucking slug 7 on a portable. I think this is like the 5th or 6th time I've said this and you keep ignoring it.

To your credit, we both agree these should be on home consoles. I would love nothing more then that, but am I going to let that spoil the fun for me? Grow up kid and suck it up. It's not the ideal situation, but here's a secret: THAT'S LIFE.

No I'm not going to "suck up" anything. My message is better sent by not giving this sad excuse of a company riding the dead body of what SNK used to be into the ground and then humping the bones trying to milk a market for all it's worth any of my money. That's a better message sent then trying to accept the bullshit like you have.

An insult? You take this gaming thing way to serious when you take offense for a group of pixelated soldiers on a portable gaming device. You know what you are, a sniveling bitching gaming snob. A real life Goldilocks who has to have everything "just right" or else all is wrong with the world.

I'm sorry but I've been gaming since 1978 so yeah I take my gaming very seriously. I've seen the rise and fall of consoles, arcades and all sorts of retardedness. From Panasonic's 3DO system with Trip Hawkins, to playing TANK back in the day when I thought Vektor Graphics was the bomb to even enjoying my 1st taste of home gaming on the console market with PONG.

The problem with a lot of today's gamers is that they're willing to suck up whatever small morsel of what they used to love and accept that "Hey even if it's on a portable, it's still good!"

Some things should have never, ever be released on a portable 1st before a console system and Metal Slug is one of them. I'll be the 1st to say that the Gameboy was an awesome idea when it came out even with that Puke-green Dot Matrix Screen but the general premise of the system was to bring out portable gaming to the market for those who never got enough of it at home or just only really had time to do it while travelling, beating off, whatever.

In the market of today there's a wide world of things and games to choose from and while the idea of choices are great, a lot of the personal level of care to gaming doesn't exist anymore. Moreso when I 1st saw Ultima IV:Quest of the Avatar for PC, I was amazed at how much extra stuff a small no-name company cared enough to really try and connect to their customers.

SNK USA was the same with those of us who existed back then even right up to the end. We spoke to many people in their offices and we as fans let them know what we were interested in and of course offered feedback to them which they listened to a lot of us and helped make owning a Neo*Geo something to be proud of.

A lot of people who came into this scene really came into it late because while they love the Neo and it's games, a lot of them just have no damn idea how much a lot of us pushed to have the market where it is now which is sadly gone. I'm an old fuck I know and I sure as shit ain't gonna change my ways for someone who thinks my hate of Nintendo's DS is unreasonable but in reality it isn't. When SNK finally shut it's doors, a lot of people had closed the door and said goodbye to the company that gave us many years of fun and entertainement.

SNK Playmore is not SNK. They are a clusterfuck of people who only hold the rights to some of the best gaming properties the Neo*Geo ever had and are shitting out games left and right trying to saturate the market and forgo anything close to quality.

A Re-Mix KoF98 with new backgrounds and more characters? What the fuck at that shit? Every year since 1994 we'd gotten a new KoF that literally went into development right after the previous final version was released in the arcades. It was a level of commitement that doesn't exist in SNK Playmore. All I'm seeing is re-hashed, re-released games with extra options to make it more swallowable to a market that outside of the few hardcore fans left that nobody who knows what SNK Games are will give two shits about.

All in all Slug 7. On a fucking portable system.

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

No prob Goldilocks. Glad to oblige.

The feeling is mutual sugarcakes.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I wasn't the 1st one to say it so it's sort of redundant to call it what everyone already knows it is isn't it?

The games are what makes a system yes I agree but if the system is a piece of crap then the games mean nothing. You can't have one good and one bad to equal it all out.

What, you think I didn't know that the target demographic was aimed at a very small core of players who was willing to shell out vast loads of cash to have the arcade experience at home? I already knew thet Neo*Geo was a small segment of things in the great cog of gaming but it still doesn't deter from the fact that to those of us that sunk our money into this system enjoyed the games greatly. Tho I can't excuse Fight Fever as being any good, a lot of SNK home titles were later released on the Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and Xbox system later on and hey I was all for that.

However to release one of SNK's premier titles not on a console but a fucking portable 1st meaning that a console version of said game will never fucking exist is beyond retarded. Metal Slug is meant as a huge gun fest where you're jumping all over the screen, stabbing, Shooting, flying, swimming and gunning your way to the end and enjoying every minute of it in the arcades or at home on a large screen.

You're sitting here trying to push a game on a portable with a lameass excuse of "But the game is good!!" when it reality the fact of the matter is the game could be a premier A+ title but stuffing it into a portable isn't going to change the fact that it takes away from what Metal Slug used to be.

Wow look at this butthurt coming out here folks. You still keep missing the point. A lot of people here don't wanna play fucking slug 7 on a portable. I think this is like the 5th or 6th time I've said this and you keep ignoring it.

No I'm not going to "suck up" anything. My message is better sent by not giving this sad excuse of a company riding the dead body of what SNK used to be into the ground and then humping the bones trying to milk a market for all it's worth any of my money. That's a better message sent then trying to accept the bullshit like you have.

I'm sorry but I've been gaming since 1978 so yeah I take my gaming very seriously. I've seen the rise and fall of consoles, arcades and all sorts of retardedness. From Panasonic's 3DO system with Trip Hawkins, to playing TANK back in the day when I thought Vektor Graphics was the bomb to even enjoying my 1st taste of home gaming on the console market with PONG.

The problem with a lot of today's gamers is that they're willing to suck up whatever small morsel of what they used to love and accept that "Hey even if it's on a portable, it's still good!"

Some things should have never, ever be released on a portable 1st before a console system and Metal Slug is one of them. I'll be the 1st to say that the Gameboy was an awesome idea when it came out even with that Puke-green Dot Matrix Screen but the general premise of the system was to bring out portable gaming to the market for those who never got enough of it at home or just only really had time to do it while travelling, beating off, whatever.

In the market of today there's a wide world of things and games to choose from and while the idea of choices are great, a lot of the personal level of care to gaming doesn't exist anymore. Moreso when I 1st saw Ultima IV:Quest of the Avatar for PC, I was amazed at how much extra stuff a small no-name company cared enough to really try and connect to their customers.

SNK USA was the same with those of us who existed back then even right up to the end. We spoke to many people in their offices and we as fans let them know what we were interested in and of course offered feedback to them which they listened to a lot of us and helped make owning a Neo*Geo something to be proud of.

A lot of people who came into this scene really came into it late because while they love the Neo and it's games, a lot of them just have no damn idea how much a lot of us pushed to have the market where it is now which is sadly gone. I'm an old fuck I know and I sure as shit ain't gonna change my ways for someone who thinks my hate of Nintendo's DS is unreasonable but in reality it isn't. When SNK finally shut it's doors, a lot of people had closed the door and said goodbye to the company that gave us many years of fun and entertainement.

SNK Playmore is not SNK. They are a clusterfuck of people who only hold the rights to some of the best gaming properties the Neo*Geo ever had and are shitting out games left and right trying to saturate the market and forgo anything close to quality.

A Re-Mix KoF98 with new backgrounds and more characters? What the fuck at that shit? Every year since 1994 we'd gotten a new KoF that literally went into development right after the previous final version was released in the arcades. It was a level of commitement that doesn't exist in SNK Playmore. All I'm seeing is re-hashed, re-released games with extra options to make it more swallowable to a market that outside of the few hardcore fans left that nobody who knows what SNK Games are will give two shits about.

All in all Slug 7. On a fucking portable system.

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

The feeling is mutual sugarcakes.

So this pretty much all boils down to you being an old crotchety fanboy who can't exist in the real world. I'm sorry, Steve Perry is no longer with Journey, arcades are dead, the home console market is a shadow of what it used to be, and most 2D games are on portables.

But this is the reality we live in.

Go ahead, stick your head in the sand, it won't change a thing. You can either do one of two things:

1. Bitch and moan about how things aren't like they used to be
2. Try and make the best of the situation

Be thankful we still get 2D games like this in the day in age we live in. You're the same numskull that thinks "If I don't buy gas, the price will go down". Sorry chump, not gonna happen. The times we in are not ideal, and as a child of the arcades, I wish we could all take a trip to the past.

If you can't accept it, then please, go back to your basement, blare some Van Halen, pretend your in 1982, and don't come back to civilized world.

BTW: The funniest thing about this all is we all know you've probably never touched more then a handful of the games in question. Just blind fanboy hate. Keep shakin' that fist old man.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So this pretty much all boils down to you being an old crotchety fanboy who can't exist in the real world. I'm sorry, Steve Perry is no longer with Journey, arcades are dead, the home console market is a shadow of what it used to be, and most 2D games are on portables.

I am in the real world. I just realized a long time ago that assholes to elbows that SNK Playmore is a worthless excuse of a company by force feeding people a sequel calling it Slug 7 then expecting a lot of us to accept it as anything outside of a portable game.

Sorry no this is a sad fucking excuse of a release and no matter how good you think the game is, it's on a portable.

But this is the reality we live in.

No it's something that most of you choose to accept because you can't ask for anything better. I've already written SNK Playmore *god knows why* and explained my distaste of insulting this series of not bringing it to a console 1st like it should have been. The arcade market is near dead and while some people like myself still enjoy going to them, it's no longer a viable market. A console release of Metal Slug 7 would have been a better choice. Metal Slug is something meant to be enjoying on a large screen to really enjoy the game in all it's hack, slash & gunning glory.

From the arcades when Metal Slug 1 was 1st released to a portable game on a system that honestly isn't all that great outside of feeding the masses rehashed 2d games isn't a great thing.

Go ahead, stick your head in the sand, it won't change a thing. You can either do one of two things:

My head is no where close to being in the sand. If anything I'm keeping my eyes nice and clear as to the reality of SNK Playmore shamfully killing what last vestiges of what SNK used to be by shitting out one of the best games in the Neo's library onto a portable 1st off all things.

The fact you can accept that shows you only care about nothing more then 2nd best in the 1st place.

1. Bitch and moan about how things aren't like they used to be
2. Try and make the best of the situation

You're right, I choose not only to make a statement but along with many others of us who arn't happy about it to just outright refuse to give this worthless excuse of a company our money.

A release of a premier SNK title on a portable over a console.

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Be thankful we still get 2D games like this in the day in age we live in. You're the same numskull that thinks "If I don't buy gas, the price will go down". Sorry chump, not gonna happen. The times we in are not ideal, and as a child of the arcades, I wish we could all take a trip to the past.

Just because 2D is on a portable doesn't change the fact that some things should never be on said portable 1st. Metal Slug is one of them. Like I said before, I was really stoked about this until I learned it was going to be on the Nintendo DS.

Fuck that piece of shit system for ruining another classic series along with several others. I should be thankful?

No, I'm disgusted that so many people can sit there and accept it because guys like you choose to play it on a PoS system instead of trying to make a statement by not giving these guys your money.

If you can't accept it, then please, go back to your basement, blare some Van Halen, pretend your in 1982, and don't come back to civilized world.

More of an Ozzy fan honestly but the civilized world isn't all flowers and candy like some people think it is but to sit here & say I should accept what SNK Playmore has done to some of the best games to ever grace SNK's Neo*Geo over the years is downright retarded.

I don't mind that people enjoy portable gaming so hey that's your thing.

It sure as shit isn't mine.

BTW: The funniest thing about this all is we all know you've probably never touched more then a handful of the games in question. Just blind fanboy hate. Keep shakin' that fist old man.

Actually I played a lot and finished quite a few games for the Nintendo DS, Yes I own one but it's not gonna stop me from calling it a piece of crap. Way to make them baseless assumptions there.

Anything else you wanna make up while you're at it? I mean I know you like feeling that you're right and you're "winning" this arguement but in retrospect you've only made a total ass of yourself trying to change my mind & keep making pre-judged statements about me at the same time along with hashed out 3rd grade name-calling to boot.

Just wow man.. fucking wow...

I was arguing with Dion Dakis and Chris Ray for years about their shit when they ruined this hobby with their bullshit so what you're throwing at me now is nowhere near their level. Keep trying tho and maybe you can be a Big Tymer too. ;)

P.S. I'd gotten my DS for free from a friend at E3 a few years back so I didn't pay a dime for it. :)

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I am in the real world. I just realized a long time ago that assholes to elbows that SNK Playmore is a worthless excuse of a company by force feeding people a sequel calling it Slug 7 then expecting a lot of us to accept it as anything outside of a portable game.

Sorry no this is a sad fucking excuse of a release and no matter how good you think the game is, it's on a portable.

No it's something that most of you choose to accept because you can't ask for anything better. I've already written SNK Playmore *god knows why* and explained my distaste of insulting this series of not bringing it to a console 1st like it should have been. The arcade market is near dead and while some people like myself still enjoy going to them, it's no longer a viable market. A console release of Metal Slug 7 would have been a better choice. Metal Slug is something meant to be enjoying on a large screen to really enjoy the game in all it's hack, slash & gunning glory.

From the arcades when Metal Slug 1 was 1st released to a portable game on a system that honestly isn't all that great outside of feeding the masses rehashed 2d games isn't a great thing.

My head is no where close to being in the sand. If anything I'm keeping my eyes nice and clear as to the reality of SNK Playmore shamfully killing what last vestiges of what SNK used to be by shitting out one of the best games in the Neo's library onto a portable 1st off all things.

The fact you can accept that shows you only care about nothing more then 2nd best in the 1st place.

You're right, I choose not only to make a statement but along with many others of us who arn't happy about it to just outright refuse to give this worthless excuse of a company our money.

A release of a premier SNK title on a portable over a console.

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Just because 2D is on a portable doesn't change the fact that some things should never be on said portable 1st. Metal Slug is one of them. Like I said before, I was really stoked about this until I learned it was going to be on the Nintendo DS.

Fuck that piece of shit system for ruining another classic series along with several others. I should be thankful?

No, I'm disgusted that so many people can sit there and accept it because guys like you choose to play it on a PoS system instead of trying to make a statement by not giving these guys your money.

More of an Ozzy fan honestly but the civilized world isn't all flowers and candy like some people think it is but to sit here & say I should accept what SNK Playmore has done to some of the best games to ever grace SNK's Neo*Geo over the years is downright retarded.

I don't mind that people enjoy portable gaming so hey that's your thing.

It sure as shit isn't mine.

Actually I played a lot and finished quite a few games for the Nintendo DS, Yes I own one but it's not gonna stop me from calling it a piece of crap. Way to make them baseless assumptions there.

Anything else you wanna make up while you're at it? I mean I know you like feeling that you're right and you're "winning" this arguement but in retrospect you've only made a total ass of yourself trying to change my mind & keep making pre-judged statements about me at the same time along with hashed out 3rd grade name-calling to boot.

Just wow man.. fucking wow...

I was arguing with Dion Dakis and Chris Ray for years about their shit when they ruined this hobby with their bullshit so what you're throwing at me now is nowhere near their level. Keep trying tho and maybe you can be a Big Tymer too. ;)

P.S. I'd gotten my DS for free from a friend at E3 a few years back so I didn't pay a dime for it. :)

Look, we both know where this flaccid circle jerk of an argument is going, nowhere. You don't like the DS, fine. Niether of us are changing the other's mind, nor do I think either of us set out to try and do so.

You win, I win, who cares. We both lose because things truly will never be as good as they were. On that we agree.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Look, we both know where this flaccid circle jerk of an argument is going, nowhere. You don't like the DS, fine. Niether of us are changing the other's mind, nor do I think either of us set out to try and do so.

You win, I win, who cares. We both lose because things truly will never be as good as they were. On that we agree.

If you had said that in the 1st place we wouldn't have entertained half of the site by our silly little arguement.

Anyways it's been a long day so if you wanna shoot the breeze again, I'll be around.~