Metal Slug 1 & 2 CD vs. AES

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The fact that the turbo patch exists prove that the programmers had done fucked up, and were not in the level of pure mastery the artists were. It’s really bizarre.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The fact that the turbo patch exists prove that the programmers had done fucked up, and were not in the level of pure mastery the artists were. It’s really bizarre.
That's the thing though, even MS1 has some slowdown sections, in general the game's framerate feels uneven and even a bit too fast in empty sections.

I'm of the opinion that MS2's program code is not that much worse than MS1, the difference is far more complicated animations for things in MS2. That old engine wasn't cut out for MS2.

X, 3, 4 and 5 all have rock solid program code.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
It’s almost as if it’s a game that was rushed to release to make money, and not a piece of art.
No shit you goobo lol

That's the thing though, even MS1 has some slowdown sections, in general the game's framerate feels uneven and even a bit too fast in empty sections.

I'm of the opinion that MS2's program code is not that much worse than MS1, the difference is far more complicated animations for things in MS2. That old engine wasn't cut out for MS2.

X, 3, 4 and 5 all have rock solid program code.
Yeah they did revamp the engine greatly for X onwards (turbo code just alleviates frame rate drops) but the mistake on 2 that made the turbo patch possible is such a huge oversight no time constraint really excuses it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think that is very likely. I really just wish they had done 2.1 and fixed the slowdown and done nothing else. Ah well, at least we have the turbo version now.
X did give us a rebuilt engine that was used in the later installments. It went beyond the bug fix of Turbo.

It is though. It's got a bug in it, proven by the existence of the patch. You won't find a Turbo patch for 1 because the bug's not there.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
in general the game's framerate feels uneven and even a bit too fast in empty sections
The architecture is tied to the electron beam of the CRT. The LSPC will render onto the screen whatever is in VRAM, and always does it at 60fps. Games slow down when they can't update VRAM in under 16ms, and thus are forced to keep a frame up one more time (or cause screen tear, debatable which is worse). There's really no way to have a Neo game update at faster than 60fps.

What does this mean? That just looks like a gameplay video, no explanation in it.

And the death by flamethrower yell on the Saturn version makes me cringe every time.
It's just some news, whoever you are.

It doesn't have to necessarily mean anything if you can't find any meaning in it.

Take it easy XD lmfao

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
City41 can't take it easy, he takes it hard.