Metal Jesus Rocks Neo Geo

-SD-

Camel Slug
I really can't stand Metal Jesus and this video was just awful. His mate Reggie seems quite cool though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I am a big MJR fan and a contributing patreon (under a $1 per month) of his metal militia army . My favorite video catagories are:

Hidden gems and top ten lists - These are great for making wtb lists of retro games/consoles I have never played or heard of before.

Weekly finds - Its really cool and neat to see what retro stuff he digs up at thrift stores, yard sales, pawn shops etc.

MJR even replied to one of the comments i left on his channel, he is really connected to his fans and will take time out for the little guy.
That's really neat...

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Also every time these youtubers makes NeoGeo video they have to say that Neo Geo CD is soooo slow. Why not say that Neo Geo CD had smaller library than AES and MVS but had some exclusive games.
Would have been nice to hear something like AES games in ebay can be conversions, what are his favorite games in the system etc. It was all about dollars.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
e6b649c79211396d50b985322fb87e5f.gif

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
was going to post this, but i know a lot of people here hate mjr. and the video isn't exactly full of new or good info. but the video does mention neo.com. his videos use to be a lot better, but for the past couple of years, they have has been nothing but filler.
Pretty much the video's he puts out now are click bait.Very lite on info and not much else beside some very questionable hidden gem video's.

SNKNostalgia

Fighting Artist
Sweet Satan this made me cringe with so much of the misinformation!!! This guy did not own a Neo Geo back in the day... no fucking way!!!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I wonder how many new people are going to come to this site after his shout out.
They are going to be in for such a rude awakening when they find out how nice the people are here.

But yes, it's very annoying when people don't take the time to do proper research for videos like these.

xorthen

Banned
youtube fags are the reason neo geo prices have been going up up up. retro trend douchebag collectard shelf queens

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
MetalJesus was okay, I enjoyed some of his videos initially, but now, it is all about what shit he got and what to buy. There is no real coverage or opinion on anything. It is a showcase of his (and friends) collection. It is boring as shit and not sure why he has such a following. Of course, he is going the Patreon route too so he can get paid. Get a real job.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I find that to be the case w/most YouTube videos. Not all, but the majority by far. I get it, no casual gamer is going to know as much about the Neo or its games as nerds like us, but as I've said asked times before: What's the point of making a video when you add ZERO value to the viewer? There's some moron who makes videos of himself playing Neo Geo games for the first time where he doesn't even know the controls. What's the point? It's all about dem likes and narcissism.

That said, I've always liked the Classic Game Room videos, especially if I just want to see what a game is like, not necessarily learn it in depth. I think the Game Sack episodes are mostly done well, but their scripted banter got old, IIRC their Neo Geo episode was pretty good.

When I watched their episode it was pretty bare bones, the AES/MVS one as most of their games were from the multicart. They also missed a lot of good games, most notably Magical Drop 2/3,MIE,Magician Lord and a lot more from what I remember etc. Also I liked how they skipped over Fatal Fury Special, unforgivable.

also I used to like CGR but all he does is bulshit VS series, the guy makes like 9500 from patreon. Remember when he tried to leave youtube? I have only seen one person do a patreon correctly on youtube, and it wasn't even video game related. Anytime a youtuber goes patreon they produce less content and quality. Kind of ironic isn't it.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Pretty much the video's he puts out now are click bait.Very lite on info and not much else beside some very questionable hidden gem video's.

yeah, when your videos became about how to store games on the shelf the proper way or a collection of dust covers for your console, it's a sign that you should quit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Probably my biggest pet peeve when it comes to YouTubers is presenting yourself as an authority, when you clearly aren't one and haven't done your homework. Metal Jesus is making videos that are supposed to be informative/educational, but he doesn't know what he's talking about and neither do his guests.

The thing about Classic Game Room is that Mark doesn't make those kinds of videos. He basically does "impressions" videos in which he just gives his impression of a game. He doesn't have, or need, any particular expertise because he isn't trying to educate the viewer. He is just drawing on his ~30 years of video gaming experience to give his opinion of a game. That's why I like his videos - they're entertaining and they often get me to play a game that otherwise wasn't on my radar.

Metal Jesus seems like a really nice guy, but I find him neither informative nor entertaining. I actually liked his earlier videos but at some point he just went straight click-bait when he figured out that his unique personality was going to be enough to turn YT into his full-time job.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Made by a poseur, for poseurs.

BROADENING THE APPEAL OF THIS HOBBY IS ENTERTAINMENT
DRIVE UP THAT MARKET RROOM RROOM!

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
They hardly talk about games for the system but more about prices and how those big cartridges look awesome on a shelf in your collection :thevt:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
They hardly talk about games for the system but more about prices and how those big cartridges look awesome on a shelf in your collection :thevt:
In other words, they sound like Liquid Snake.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
That SNES CMVS was so terrible. I made it 3/4 of the way through before I shut it down. MJR is just too annoying for me. He's the kind of guy I try to avoid at a local gaming meet up

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
anyone remember jedite1 from the early days of youtube gaming channels?. he's actually a member here. i liked jedite.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
A Super Nintendo CMVS could work if it wasn't half assed and made at the last minute

xorthen

Banned
The only youtuber I have ever really enjoyed is a guy called lukemorse1. He's one of the older youtube gamers before the entire retro game thing became trendy to do.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
The only youtuber I have ever really enjoyed is a guy called lukemorse1. He's one of the older youtube gamers before the entire retro game thing became trendy to do.

If it wasn't for him, my old N64 sticks wouldn't have worked nearly as well as they did