Maximum Impact Regulation A Hits Arcades in July

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Toastyrokr said:
while maximum impact 2 was good...it is so pointless to release a new version with just 2-4 extra characters...it's straight up stupid

Worked for SF II.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If I were put in charge of the series, I would drop all of the KOF characters except Ash, Mary, Kula, and maybe Alba, then I would fill the roster with the complete Karnov's Revenge and World Heroes Perfect line-up (minus Son Goku and Ryofu). And I would talk to Technos & Atlus, along with Capcom, and try to license some Double Dragon (Neo version) and Darkstalkers characters to add to the mix.

Then when people started threads here complaining about "Why isn't Terry in it?" or "It isn't KOF without Iori!", I would tell you to quit your bellyaching and go fuck yourselves.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
If I were put in charge of the series, I would drop all of the KOF characters except Ash, Mary, Kula, and maybe Alba, then I would fill the roster with the complete Karnov's Revenge and World Heroes Perfect line-up (minus Son Goku and Ryofu). And I would talk to Technos & Atlus, along with Capcom, and try to license some Double Dragon (Neo version) and Darkstalkers characters to add to the mix.

Then when people started threads here complaining about "Why isn't Terry in it?" or "It isn't KOF without Iori!", I would tell you to quit your bellyaching and go fuck yourselves.

CvS3:All those other guys fighting 2007!

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
The game is out. I went to the arcade tonight and found Regulation A tucked away in the very back of the game center; no one was playing it, probably because nobody knows it's even there. :/

Anyway, just tried it out briefly. Graphics look identical to the PS2 Maximum Impact, as expected. Backgrounds have been given facelifts, with new colors and such. The Sakazaki Dojo stage looks more like Jubei's FF2 stage, for instance (Jubei is in the background, too).

I tried out Blue Mary, Ash, the female "Duo Long," and Mizuguchi. Blue Mary is awesome, as is Mizuguchi. Not too sure about the other two, although I never use Ash and Duo Long in KOF XI. Blue Mary's alternate outfit is incredibly perverted and revealing...they seemed to have added more bounce to all the females, including their backsides. It's extremely noticeable, and my friend couldn't stop laughing at it. :lolz:

Can't say too much more since I only played a couple of rounds before leaving. Characters got new moves, but I didn't know how to do any of them, and some characters have new color schemes or outfits. (EDIT: I take that back; booted up MI2 and it's the same alternate colors) It looks pretty nice considering the hardware. I have no idea how the music is since the game center was too noisy. I'm likely going to head back tomorrow or later this week to see if I can find what's been changed or added to the game play...haven't really read up much on this, since I always figured I'd just be playing the PS2 version (due out on the 26th) first.

Last edited: