Maximum Impact Regulation A Hits Arcades in July

RyanDG

n00b
It's a shame that they were developing this on the Type X2 board with a PS2 port in mind. I know that a home console version is important but downgrading essentially a high powered PC arcade system with PS2 styled textures and graphics seems to be such a waste. :(

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
RyanDG said:
It's a shame that they were developing this on the Type X2 board with a PS2 port in mind. I know that a home console version is important but downgrading essentially a high powered PC arcade system with PS2 styled textures and graphics seems to be such a waste. :(
The Type X2 isn't really high-powered.

ビデオカード PCI Express x16対応
 ATI(R) RADEON(TM) X1600Pro/X1300LE/等
 nVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 7900GS/7600GS/7300GS/等
 から選択可能

I have no clue what the non-roman characters mean, but a GF9700 or RX1600 is something you see in average gaming PCs. Still, I'll admit it's a fuckton better than the PS2.

Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
New Character updates every week SNKP style..

:drool:

KOF_MI2_RA.PNG

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-mi-ra/

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
VanillaThunder said:
Hmmm... MI is broken; god knows the neo had that ultra high standards for games.

People forget that even counting the "broken" fighters, about 65-75% of the neo's games were mediocre and below. The highs were really incredibly high, the lows were really low, but most of the library hovers around below average and SHIT.
Sssshhh!!! Stop clouding the issue with facts!

Deuce

Cernex said:
Are you sure you were never on TotalFark?

At any rate, even the games widely considered to be the best the Neo has to offer have some severe balance issues. Samurai Shodown II has been so vigorously picked apart that the game itself is a study in how NOT to balance a fighter. Doesn't stop it from being fun, though. People bitch about Daimon and Chris in KOF98 all the time. Much as I love LB2, they skewed the damage in really odd ways (hellooooo, Mukuro)... which is ironic, since LB1 seemed relatively well balanced on the whole.

It's simple numbers. By and large, the vast majority of any given system's library is bound to be crap. The Neo, like it or not, is no exception. It had somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 games for it... and I defy anyone to list 65-75% of them as worth owning by virtue solely of their being good games, as opposed to the collector's impulse or personal whimsy (I know a guy who loves Legend of Success Joe, but he's not about to call it a good game).

For every gem, there's always a bevy of crud surrounding it. That's entertainment, regardless of medium.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Deuce said:
Are you sure you were never on TotalFark?

At any rate, even the games widely considered to be the best the Neo has to offer have some severe balance issues. Samurai Shodown II has been so vigorously picked apart that the game itself is a study in how NOT to balance a fighter. Doesn't stop it from being fun, though. People bitch about Daimon and Chris in KOF98 all the time. Much as I love LB2, they skewed the damage in really odd ways (hellooooo, Mukuro)... which is ironic, since LB1 seemed relatively well balanced on the whole.

It's simple numbers. By and large, the vast majority of any given system's library is bound to be crap. The Neo, like it or not, is no exception. It had somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 games for it... and I defy anyone to list 65-75% of them as worth owning by virtue solely of their being good games, as opposed to the collector's impulse or personal whimsy (I know a guy who loves Legend of Success Joe, but he's not about to call it a good game).

For every gem, there's always a bevy of crud surrounding it. That's entertainment, regardless of medium.

Egg

Zak

Lee!

For every Blazing Star, LB2 and KOF..

There's

Mutation Nation, Top Player's, LOSJ, Operation Ragnarok, Puzzled, Gururin, Ganryu, Fight Fever, Power Spikes, Stakes Winner, Eightman... etc.

While the Neo had a *good* percentage of *good* games, a VERY large part of it is average and far below.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Mutation Nation, Top Player's, LOSJ, Operation Ragnarok, Puzzled, Gururin, Ganryu, Fight Fever, Power Spikes, Stakes Winner, Eightman... etc.

...I like Mutation Nation, Ganryu, and Eightman from that list. Now I question your taste VT...especially if you don't like Ganryu :emb:

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
hey no complaints here. Except for that announcer... He reminds me of Bill and Ted.

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
I can't wait to play this..I'm that happy about the addition of Ash Crimson but the did Add Blue Mary and she's one of my favorite.I hoep they kept the game play the same as the last two KOFMAX's.No changes need to be made!

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Why no talk about the new female character? Or should I bother o ask?!

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
YeldellGW said:
Why no talk about the new female character? Or should I bother o ask?!

Xiaolon, just seems like a female Duolon character. I can't read japanese but babelfish makes it seems she's looking for her dad and brother.

Edit: After watching the videos off the site, she reminds me a bit of Hsien-ko from darkstalkers.
p_xiaolon.jpg

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Great Fighters History Characters! That'll really help this game.......:oh_no:

Deuce

Ewwwww... Mizoguchi? Not exactly who I had in mind.

C'mon... Ash I didn't mind... Mary was a great choice.

Why not Benimaru? Or Gato?

Hell, why not Captain Kidd?

Deuce

YeldellGW said:
No offense, but I could think of better World Heroes charcters to add than him.
So could I, but that was kind of the point. :)

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Don't know about his gameplay, but he sure LOOKS boring as hell.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I got the regular mail from excellent today, you can order it for only $ 2499 :spock:

Thats a typo, right ?

Last edited:

Toastyrokr

n00b
while maximum impact 2 was good...it is so pointless to release a new version with just 2-4 extra characters...it's straight up stupid