Marvel vs Capcom 3

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
online even locally has totally different timing than offline, I can't play my chun li or x-23 online as they have fast timing intensive combos that drop most of the time when I'm online. I practiced the shit outa chunli since day one and I almost never drop her shit in offline play.

I thought I was just sucking at execution. I have serious issues with X-23, Morrigan and Felicia online. :(

I can do Hsien-Ko's Gong loop x 4 all day long offline but can't get two reps online. :\

To hear about the Sentinel nerf... well... that seems pretty random, to be honest. Sounds like a mass-hysteria-gone-nerf. Storm scares me more than Sentinel.

Then again, I haven't played a particularly good Sentinel.

They need to just leave this game broken in traditional Capcom fashion.

I've been playing more Fate than MvC3. That pattern will probably continue....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
online even locally has totally different timing than offline, I can't play my chun li or x-23 online as they have fast timing intensive combos that drop most of the time when I'm online. I practiced the shit outa chunli since day one and I almost never drop her shit in offline play.

the lobbys suck but I tend to hate waiting even in games with spectator modes so I generally try to play with one dood at a time unless a bunch of friends are online at once.

never really played HDR, I just like ST alot. HDR's netcode on ps3 is inferior to the experience I get on ggpo and at this point I dig ST more so HDR never took off with me. I try not to hate on it nowdays as it seems you guys who play HDR alot know what your talking about, but I'm not feelin it yet.
I understand, I've been really jonesing to get some MVC3 online and learn to play competitively, I just haven't had the chance but if what you said applies to everyone then I'm gonna have to adapt. You know there's an option for network connection setting right? Maybe try to play with that and see if it helps.

I hear you on ST vs HDR, I just love playing online so for me HDR is great but I can see how it can turn some people off, specially on PSN. I thought you had XBL though, well whatevs, hopefully one day you'll decide to join us.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
yeah with all the hate I'm spewing it is playable online, I thought it was pretty good until I started playing offline and realized all the shit I can do in training mode I can actually do in offline matches against good players... but I always drop them online.

Online just makes the advanced stuff like big combos and tricky rush down less effective and makes the annoying abusive stuff more effective. So its playable but it cranks the frustration element way up for me as I have a low HP team.

I never had a xbox360 but my girlfriend bought one recently, she will prolly be moving here soonish so I will have a 360 by extension :) I would be totally more open to HDR if it performed a little better, and apparently the 360 version does.

Reality Check

World Hero
I feel ya on the online. I always drop Doom's loops and screw up Spencer's tiger knee grapple wire when I play online.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Anyone on 360 want to play some? I'll be online for a few hours.
I'm not very good. Easy wins.

gamertag: skink517

cannonball

15 Year Member
Man, I wish the lag wasn't so bad. I'm just about done trying to play people over the Internet after this weekend.

I can see why every person I play on ranked just does standard magic series combos to 2 air exchanges all day long. Anything involving timing and skill gets fucked up half the time due to the input lag.

I need to find some local people to play this with.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've had a couple of good games, and a lot of shitty games on Sunday. Seems like finding matches was a bit easier, but still not as much as you get when you play SSFIV. I try to just let the computer beat me up and not plow through the CPU and that seems to get more challengers. I wonder if that's why it's so hard to connect to other players because against the CPU you can finish a game in less the 45 seconds.

I just hate it how I have my options set to fight people with the same skill level, yet today I got matched up with three people with over 100 wins that just steamrolled me like I was nothing. Then I had a couple of matches with people I destroyed and only two or three that felt they were about the same to me. I got one guy that did some sick shit with Tron, he bounced me around and when I'd loose a character he'd do the upwards capture shot and continue to kill off my other characters.

I also really like Suma. I went from being a person that didn't want him to be in the game to being one of my favorites. He's a lot of fun to use and since I guess a lot of people aren't used to playing against him I can surprise them. I can't really seem to find a good team I like using. I like X-23 but I suck with her combos and she's got pretty low health. I want to have a heavy character as my third. I've gone from Hulk, to Tron (mostly for the assist) and I'm wondering if I should even bother using Sent since his health nerf. He still hits like a truck but gets fucked up pretty quick. I just don't know if I should use a fast, combo heavy character, a super strong character that hits hard, a character with a lot of projectile attacks or learn two of them and use one for the assist.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I play training mode and get matches pretty quickly. Also haven't really had any matches my level, most are WAY WWWAAAAYYYY lower. I guess thats because I haven't done much ranked and I have decent skill level to start with.

Ho, all 3 are good choices. Tron has a godly assist and pretty easy but effective juggles. Sent with X factor is still god like. Hulk struggles with getting in from my experience, but on the plus his combos are dirt easy and damage like no other.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I play training mode and get matches pretty quickly.

Yeah, most of the time this gets you matches almost instantly, but sometimes it can take 30 mins. Either that or the search just breaks after so long yet it continues to tell you it's looking for a ranked match. One particular time I was in training for about 45 mins and no match came.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
So a "Shadow Pack" is out. According to Capcom, Shadow Mode was free, but the packs cost money. They want 80 space bucks a pack, so they can go fuck themselves. I did get my monies worth by getting Shuma but I'm not going to pay money for something I'll finish in less then 10 minutes.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
hey i got the xbox version. but only for a week. i'm sluggin it out with Kickin|wInG and Jonny419. Give a shout out!

cannonball

15 Year Member
Yeah that fight on the 8wayrun stream last night was funny. Here's the guile theme vid.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Keep it classy New Jersey. :oh_no:

Lets hope this one stays up.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
What a bunch of pussies. Back in my day if you started a fight in an arcade you finished it.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So a "Shadow Pack" is out. According to Capcom, Shadow Mode was free, but the packs cost money. They want 80 space bucks a pack, so they can go fuck themselves. I did get my monies worth by getting Shuma but I'm not going to pay money for something I'll finish in less then 10 minutes.

Yeah, that is bullshit. The Shadow Mode is a neat idea, but not actually worth paying for.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with this game already. After the initial glow, I'm just not having much fun with it at all.

The game is a fan service affair, first and foremost.

Where is Strider?

My inner fan is not being serviced. I have no more joy for this game. The party's over.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
As long as they broke the Samba machine

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Well, you can't play it now because they broke it.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
8 on The Break tries to do their best to get people like that out of the arcade. I wish they'd reinstate the ban list. On the door to the supply closet they have an old Asteroids bezel with a hand written ban list on it. Three strikes and your not allowed in there anymore. If you look at the list whole families have been banned from the arcade for starting shit, and from a worker I was told it was made in the 80's and they haven't used it years. Maybe they should bring it back.