Marvel vs Capcom 3

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If you play any team not involving Thor after that post, I might have to file a complain on XBL or PSN...epic, literally.

I'm also up for some games. Haven't had much time to play, but I think this'll be my main fighting game for the forseeable future. I've never been good at the vs. stuff, but now that I've got the guide I want to give being decent at this game a try. Spending a lot of time in mission mode, but its actually making my game worse since I don't have much in match experience. Still trying to decide on a team. I thought it ws all about arthur/chun/doom, but I really only have a handle on arthur...

anyway
XBL: doc wily
PSN: doc-wily
Don't worry, the mighty Avengers are always at the ready!

I'll add you as soon as I'm online. Mission mode is good though, once you start playing online, keep it clean and don't go all out trying to accomplish these combos, instead wait for your moment, play with the space and defend yoursefl well, when the right moment comes then all you need is to confirm one hit and then follow it up with what you have practiced.

Combos are great but they're not the key to victory in this game, assist, assist and assist some more.

My tag is electricgrave on both PSN and XBL.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
just finished watcing FinalRoundXIV. AWesome marvel play and it was nice to see a variety of characters being used.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Works. Its only 170KB, so everything is on the disc already. :rolleyes:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Works. Its only 170KB, so everything is on the disc already. :rolleyes:

You mean the assets were on the disc. The code and scripts to actually make them usable wasn't finished and you downloaded them. 170KB is plenty of code.

Reality Check

World Hero
I'm having a ball with Shuma. His Mystic Ray assist is awesome. I'm toying with his jump cancels with c.H

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I only had to play a round and a half before work but I seem to like Shuma now that I know what his moves are. He seems to be really quick and I like how his air M can do buzz saw that can also cross up. I don't think I'll get Jill until I hear how she is. I don't like the level 3 super not being able to block certain attacks. I'll be on Live tonight (taking a break at 10 for Tosh) so hit me up.

Reality Check

World Hero
Whats the point of jill's level 3 hyper? I don't get it. :annoyed:

Her level 3 works like Bang's Fu-rin-ka-zan! It gives her an insane speed boost. She movements become instant dashes that can phrase through most attacks and she can do it up to three times and in any direction. She becomes an cross up god with her level 3

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Has anyone tried the Marvel fighting gamepads yet? They feel like a Neo CD pad, not quite as nice as the DPad on the PS2 Neo pads, I mean it's there but not quite, however the buttons are microswitches and that's something I've wanting for a while. I like the pads, I'm better with a joystick but that's 'caus I don't play with pads that much, figured I share and see if anyone has tried them yet and has any thoughts.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Has anyone tried the Marvel fighting gamepads yet? They feel like a Neo CD pad, not quite as nice as the DPad on the PS2 Neo pads, I mean it's there but not quite, however the buttons are microswitches and that's something I've wanting for a while. I like the pads, I'm better with a joystick but that's 'caus I don't play with pads that much, figured I share and see if anyone has tried them yet and has any thoughts.

I bought one last week and gave it a go. I've been in limbo between a joystick and a pad. I used it for about a week and here's my thoughts:

Pros:
- 8 way Neo Geo CD like pad is great for :qcf: :hcf: or :360:.
- Micro switch buttons make for very quick actions.
- The shape of the controller is ingenious. Feels good in your hands and doesn't slip.
- Back rubber has a nice feel to it without being too sticky.
- Start and select up top to prevent accidental presses.

Cons:
- Though the 8 way is great for all the above, doing charge motions or up and down motions gets tricky. The joystick is kind of loose and I've had a few issues doing detailed movement. I imagine if I used it a lot I could get used to it.
- It's made by PDP (formerly known as Pelican) and I question the durability of it long term.
- The artwork on the front is asstastic. Random Marvel comic. The guys at PDP don't even know why they choose it or where the comic panel is from. They just threw it on there.
- It's only compatible with the 360. I understand this whole licensing thing, but for the price I'd like to use it for both 360 and PS3 (and the Wii would be nice too).

All in all it's a great idea that works well. I returned mine a few days ago. It's not that it's bad, but honestly I'm spoiled by the Saturn pad. I felt like such a whore. Everytime I played on it, my mind would wander to my true love, the Saturn pad. So I now search for a way to mod my Saturn pad for use on the 360.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I see, well the Saturn pad is great, in fact most Saturn hardware is great even the run er contact joystick. As far as molding the Saturn pad, it's actually extremely doable as you can trace the contacts all the way to the chip where everything is marked and proceed to hack a 360 pad and enclose it n a project box. The model 1 Saturn pad is even easier than model 2 but the model 2 pad is where is at.

Thanks for sharing.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Uh oh, desk makes him look like Iron Man.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Uh oh, desk makes him look like Iron Man.
How's your game brother? Are you taming them all down like in MVC2? I'm training at the top of the mountains so when I come back to XBL my presence is known across the seven seas!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
How's your game brother? Are you taming them all down like in MVC2? I'm training at the top of the mountains so when I come back to XBL my presence is known across the seven seas!

Man, I'm honestly bummed to say I haven't played since week one. I don't have a disc anymore, and I'm gonna hold back from ranting. I'm thinking of buying it again because a few friends want to play on xbox (hence the thread check) but I'd have to buy a live sub first. Let me know when you're back on Live and we'll do this.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Shuma is fun.

Jill is bland and I hate this version of the character, both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay. Wesker slave Jill was okay for a silly action story abuot bioterrorism. As a playabel character, I have no interest. DLed her because it came with the LE and that's about it.

She could even turn out to somehow be top teir and I'd still not care for the character. Just a crappy version to put into a fighting game. MvC 2 Jill was perfectly fine. They should have stuck with it. You know, like they did with everyone else they brought in from the previous games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I like the original Jill Looks way better.

Wouldn't be nice if they had everyone from MVC2 as DLC?! Damn Sabertooth would own, Omega Red! COLOSSUS and Gief to make my Zars team! For mother Russia! I love teams that have a theme, I'm such a fag all during the vs series I always pick teams that make sense and if they don't I pick similar color schemes to keep it bad ass looking.

I can't wait to play this online! You people must be getting good by now, I have a lot to catch up to, same thing happen to me in HDR, but look at me now, I'm an HDR YouTube sensation and I didn't even know it!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wednesday Night Fights should be a doozy this week. Justin Wong has said he's going to use a team of Jill, Shuma and Wesker. Not sure how that will work but after seeing how he was able to go full on beast mode with She Hulk I'm thinking we might see some crazy shit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
(23:40:23) censored: fucking sentinel tron, seriously
(23:40:52) censored: i wish i could surrender on a match for match basis without it quitting me from the lobby
(23:52:27) censored: how fucking cheap, eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat lead eat
(23:53:03) censored: this is why sf iv and this arn't as good as bb, too many spammy projectiles across too many characters <- lol
(23:53:20)censored: and no way to deal with it unless i could advancing guard every single one

(17.03.2011 00:00:11) censored: LOL CHRIS WITH POWERFUL RANGED ATTACKS KILLING EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU GET CLOSE
(00:00:18) censored: OH NOES, SOMEONE LUCKED OUT AND KILLED MAH CHRIS
(00:00:28) censored: NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE
(00:00:31) censored: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I think I made him mad :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm playing some mvc3 now on my friend's XBL under Bunneh Bunz if anyone wants to play. I'm green on this so get your wins while you can.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
aw man, of course sentinel gets health nurfed the day after I figure out a nice sentinel killing combo. a few other glitches removed too.

shits irrelevant now :(

you guys still playing? I love this game offline, fucking hate it online.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
aw man, of course sentinel gets health nurfed the day after I figure out a nice sentinel killing combo. a few other glitches removed too.

shits irrelevant now :(

you guys still playing? I love this game offline, fucking hate it online.
I tried getting online matches but I couldn't. Why don' lt you like it online, is it the ridiculous 8 slot lobbies? Damn 8 slots takes way too long. Is it the same reason why you don't play HDR online anymore?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
online even locally has totally different timing than offline, I can't play my chun li or x-23 online as they have fast timing intensive combos that drop most of the time when I'm online. I practiced the shit outa chunli since day one and I almost never drop her shit in offline play.

the lobbys suck but I tend to hate waiting even in games with spectator modes so I generally try to play with one dood at a time unless a bunch of friends are online at once.

never really played HDR, I just like ST alot. HDR's netcode on ps3 is inferior to the experience I get on ggpo and at this point I dig ST more so HDR never took off with me. I try not to hate on it nowdays as it seems you guys who play HDR alot know what your talking about, but I'm not feelin it yet.