Manga! Read any?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Other series I enjoy/have enjoyed:

The Higurashi series
Manhole (don't mind the gay innuendo name)
Parasyte
Akumetsu
Baki (personal favorite)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Steel Ball Run... impatiently waiting)
D.Gray-Man
Riki-Oh (bit too Fist of the North Star at times but fun)

Don't want to forget Junji Ito.

That man is the single best thing to happen to any medium of Horror since Lovecraft.

I'm a big Baki and Jojo fan. I also love TOUGH. I love anything with big shirtless men fighting. VIOLENCE!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
This thread reminded me I need to work on Dragonball.

Own up to volume 8.

One of the few series I could just keep reading over and over.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
This thread reminded me I need to work on Dragonball.

Own up to volume 8.

One of the few series I could just keep reading over and over.

I love Toriyama. My girl was over at my place and reading Dr. Slump, I forgot I had it. That comic is amazing. I suppose I should buy some comics soon, there is a lot I haven't read. There is a new one called Bakuman that looks kind of interesting. I may have spelled that wrong.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Slump is so good. If you haven't read it then you're missing a lot of inside jokes from the original Dragonball. It's worth it, man.

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
Other series I enjoy/have enjoyed:

Don't want to forget Junji Ito.

That man is the single best thing to happen to any medium of Horror since Lovecraft.

YOU ARE A FUCKING KING!!

Junji Ito is my fave manga artist/author.

I have all of the Tomie Movies and the Uzumaki movie.
Bought Uzumaki 1,2,and 3 and read them all in one sitting!
Flesh colored horror is great also :)

His style is unmatched.

p.s @ K9999 ... new job yet bro?:)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Forgot about "Death Note".

The first two books are absolutely amazing. Un-put-down-able page-turners from start to finish.

Then the series goes to hell. Gets way too complicated, too many new characters and plot twists, and the story becomes harder and harder to believe.

But those first two books... man o man.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
p.s @ K9999 ... new job yet bro?:)

Put some applications in a few gyms around the area.

Between unemployment and training a few clients out-of-home I'm doing OK and don't need to rush getting a full-time for a bit.

Did you read Gyo yet?

Wish it was a book longer but there's some pretty horrific imagery in that work.

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
I am going to order that from Barnes and Nobles next week.
Fish Spider things look awesome!

2 books long only right?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I have the first 8 books and it's much better than the anime...though that's not saying much.

Also have the s-CRY-ed manga series and it's defintely different than the anime...in a good way ;)

s-Cry-ed eh? I'll have a look at it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Although it is a little silly to think that these are supposed to be 9th graders doing these things...

I felt so inferior when I was reading Battle Royale, I kept thinking, dang these kids are younger than me but they act more like college-aged kids, so smart and strong :crying:

but that's part of the charm, it's all just so ridiculous.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
What I'd love to see translated is the original Galaxy Express manga. I have the first two volumes of the 3rd arc... and that's it.

I NEED MY MATSUMOTO! :mad:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I felt so inferior when I was reading Battle Royale, I kept thinking, dang these kids are younger than me but they act more like college-aged kids, so smart and strong :crying:

but that's part of the charm, it's all just so ridiculous.

I was freaking out when I first read Battle Royale. That shit's so detailed, it's scary...

I just read NANA for the first time and it's pretty damn good. I've seen some of my lady friends cosplay as rocker Nana but I didn't have much of an understanding of the story until I sat down and read the first volume.

I should finish up Yu-gi-oh also (not the GX! D:). I won't lie, it gets pretty awesome towards the end. It's a shame what 4kids did to the anime.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
What I'd love to see translated is the original Galaxy Express manga. I have the first two volumes of the 3rd arc... and that's it.

I NEED MY MATSUMOTO! :mad:

I second that.

I blame the licensors for this deluge of lots of junk titles --- of course it would inflate a bubble and now the party's largely over.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Forgot about "Death Note".

The first two books are absolutely amazing. Un-put-down-able page-turners from start to finish.

Then the series goes to hell. Gets way too complicated, too many new characters and plot twists, and the story becomes harder and harder to believe.

But those first two books... man o man.

Summed up my sentiments exactly. I got up to volume 7, but it started to turn to shit about volume 5 or so. It started out so promising too, like there were going to be deep philosophical discussions on power, control, vengeance, but no, it just devolved into some shite Yakuza drama. Have 0 desire to finish the series.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Only manga I read is......

xxxHolic
Tsubasa: RC
3x3 Eyes
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Bio-booster Armor Guyver
Angel Heart
City Hunter

I get all gitty like a girl over CLAMP material. The xxxHolic / Tsubasa crossover is to damn good.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I didn't think xxxHolic was THAT girly though, it kind of has a dark side to it and can be a little creepy even. I dunno...I've read lots of girly manga, maybe they make things look manlier XD.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I second that.

I blame the licensors for this deluge of lots of junk titles --- of course it would inflate a bubble and now the party's largely over.
I also blame Viz for bringing over the sequel without ever bothering to publish the original. I'll never understand that decision. Then I blame Viz for not even following through on the sequel.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, I read Parasite (Kiseijuu) and Gyo....seinen is the shit lol. You guys have good taste lol.

Keep Clear

The Ultimate 11
Is there any bizarre, twisted shit? Well I like watching stuff like ichi the killer and elfen lied on dvds, pretty cool.

I can't really get into reading Manga, the books look nice on the shelf's though.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
What is up with the Fist of the North Star manga? Seems like that would be popular enough to publish over here but the company that was doing it went under a while back ago and nothing has happened with the license since then as far as I know. Anyone heard any rumors about it?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Recently I got a complete set of Maison Ikkoku books for cheap on eBay.

Seems like an entertaining '80s romance comedy......... but is it very manly of me to admit that I occasionally read that genre though...? :scratch:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
If you want a good manga to read, try Hiroaki Samura's Blade of the Immortal series.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Very basic stuff

Appleseed
Gits & Man-machine interface
Nausicaä
Akira
Lone Wolf and Cub (still like a dozen volumes to go...)

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Dragonball
Oh My Goddess!
Dr. Slump
Detective Conan
Death Note

I have every single volume of those.