loopyeddie likes the full frontals, so I'm on a rampage!

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Well after talking about the awesome full frontals NeoCverA, le geek, and other have made HERE, I decided to try one of my own. I have never made a full frontal style insert, so this was a new concept for me. Here's what I ended up with:
garou.jpg

I think it turned out okay. What do you guys think? This is up on my site for download.

Last edited:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Well, I posted this in another thread, but just in case, I'll put it here too. I just finished my second full frontal. Here it is:

fatalfury.jpg

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Okay, I tweaked NeoCverA's SSVSpecial a bit, just for fun (mostly just pushed image onto spine). Here she is:

samsho.jpg

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
loopyeddie said:
Okay, I tweaked NeoCverA's SSVSpecial a bit, just for fun (mostly just pushed image onto spine). Here she is:

samsho.jpg

I like that one better, actually, than the version NeoCvera did in the other thread. I think it goes better with the other Full-Frontals (including the pimp-as-all-hell SS4 one that NeoC did).

I need this game. Badly. (maybe payday will bring an order closer to reality...)

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Excellent Com has it for $138 right now. Killer deal. Oh, and SamSho 5 for $35!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Love the SSVS and FF inserts - great stuff.

I like the idea for the Garou insert, but it seems like the artwork is a little crammed on the right side of the cover. Would it be possible to center Rock, and maybe move some of the other characters a little further out from behind him?

Anyway, great work, and your inserts site rox0rZ. :buttrock:

H

hermegildo

I'm loving that Garou insert man.

I might have to change the one I have right now.

Good job loopy.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
galfordo said:
Love the SSVS and FF inserts - great stuff.

I like the idea for the Garou insert, but it seems like the artwork is a little crammed on the right side of the cover. Would it be possible to center Rock, and maybe move some of the other characters a little further out from behind him?

Anyway, great work, and your inserts site rox0rZ. :buttrock:

Thanks, I know what you mean about the Garou insert. I can't do much though. If I move it more to the left, the "wing" gets in the way of the back pic too much. I had a hard enough time cutting it out around the character boxes and names. As far as moving the characters out, I'm screwed as well as that was all one existing pic. I think I did the best I could using existing art, but I appreciate the constructive criticism.

H

hermegildo

I like how everything is to the right actually.

Fully centered artwork is usually a no-no.

:shame:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
hermegildo said:

Glad you got my back buddy! :cool:

I've got a Last Blade 2 insert comming up next. It's about half done.

At first I was against the full frontal style. I liked the uniformity of the classics on all my MVS, but then I relized that is boring and dull. I like having the classics on older and simpler games, but the major series and other "big" titles I like the full frontals. Here's the list of titles I'm going to have in full frontal format (like anyone cares!):

•The KOF Series
•The Metal Slug Series
•The Fatal Fury Series (including the Real Bouts)
•The Samurai Shodown Series
•Both Last Blades
•Garou MOTW
•SVC Chaos
•Matrimelee
•Rage of the Dragons
•Ragnagard (just because le geek's insert looks fab)

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Oh, and seeing NeoCverA's name on the "now viewing bar" reminded me that I want to thank him for coming up with the awesome layout and design of the full frontal style inserts. Any inserts I make are because he invented the process and inspired me, both with the full frontals and the classics.

Not to leave anyone else out, however. Everyone making inserts has been so helpful to me. Not only NeoC, but le geek, BIG BEAR, Michael Yagami, onefortheride, Grinwing, and so many others. Thanks guys!

"Standing on the shoulders of giants."

H

hermegildo

loopyeddie said:
"Standing on the shoulders of giants."
That is such a great phrase...

I'm definitely looking forward to those inserts loopy, despite the fact that I've already printed inserts for every MVS game I have.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
hermegildo said:
That is such a great phrase...

I'm definitely looking forward to those inserts loopy, despite the fact that I've already printed inserts for every MVS game I have.

Hey, me too. I went through every game I had and only kept the ones I felt were perfect. Out of about 140 games, I only kept 68. There rest are getting reworked and re printed!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I played around with Loopy's idea of incorporating that artwork for a fullfrontal Garou insert. Taking Galfordos input into consideration, I moved the image a bit more to the left. I kinda didn't like all the empty orange space it left so I added some odds and ends.

gmotwlnewff.jpg

H

hermegildo

Nice job.

I still like loopy's insert a bit more though. It's not as busy, just like the original MOTW insert, and I do like the characters being more to the right.

Your spine would probably look better though.

Meh, I'll print both and see how it goes.

:drool_2:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
NeoCverA said:
I played around with Loopy's idea of incorporating that artwork for a fullfrontal Garou insert. Taking Galfordos input into consideration, I moved the image a bit more to the left. I kinda didn't like all the empty orange space it left so I added some odds and ends.

gmotwlnewff.jpg

Good job. I love it when people build on eachother's designs. Feel free to upload anything you want, whenever you want. Just let me know, so I know you did it. Thanks, dood!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
Nice job.

It's ......busy...

Yeah, i figured some might not like all the stuff in the background. This one is still more to the left and wrapping the spine plus a larger logo (another characteristic of the full-frontals).

I still prefer the original insert untouched/changed but for those that like a little variety......

allnewff2.jpg

[highlight]EDIT: Both versions uploaded to loopy's server[/highlight]

Last edited:
H

hermegildo

That's much better IMO.

I love that random text in MOTW inserts.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Very cool, thanks! I'll have them up in a day or so. If anyone is concerned, the spelling of a couple of names on the back are different. My has Kim Dong Hwan and Kain R. Heinlein. NeoC's has Kim Dong Hean and Kain R. Heinlrin. I'm not sure if one is correct or the other, but no one made a mistake. The original art is this way.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
loopyeddie said:
Okay, got the LB2 one done. Here it is.

lb2.jpg

If I ever find a loose Last Blade 2 MVS cart with a black shock box I want a LB2 insert that you made because it looks so awesome!. :D :cool:

Btw: Did you receive the $30 from Kpj yet to make some more inserts?. I sent the 5 MVS kit boxes to Kpj. :D :cool:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:

Poop face.

I like NeoCvrs version with the diamond plate on it. Its like he looked in my head and saw what my cab was supposed to look like once upon a time.