LEBRON JAMES!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm hating on him for the shit he pulls like this, and people compare him to Jordan?? Oh hell no. He ain't even close to the classiness of MJ.

MJ Classy? :lolz: He was like the biggest trash talker of the 90's. It was a huge part of his game.

MJ is the all time greatest IMO but come on now...

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
No I'm not talking about trash talking, thats a given, every athlete does it. it's the flopping around acting shit that is classless. When Jordan got fouled it was because he was hard to guard, not because he knows how to flop.

Besides, Gary Payton was the biggest trash-talker of the 90's. Him and Kevin Garnett were the two biggest from what I remember.

Edit: also i will never let down The Decision special when Lebron first left the Cavs. That was some ego-stroking awkward shit that didn't need to be a broadcasted "special announcement". Another classless move from Lebron. I really wonder how much he was involved in that PR decision.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Flops are just part of the game now like in many sports because they go back and check the video.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that the NBA is rigged. People are butthurt because LeBron won.
I don't have a dog in this fight. And it's not ridiculous to suggest. It's been suggested for years in cases nothing to do with LeBron. Maybe you could see it if you understood basketball better, but of course you can't because you are a dirty foreigner. That would be like me trying to understand sports from Denmark, like rolling a hoop down the street with a stick.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
That's the kind of player Lebron is though.

Uh, no, it isn't. That's the kind of player Draymond is, and he obviously can't take his own shit.

MJ was a complete asshole. LeBron is a fucking saint compared to the shit Jordan did off the court, to teammates, etc.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Kinda tough to compare LeBron to Jordan. Kobe was a much easier comparison. They play different positions, they play different styles, they play in different eras. They're both dynamic defensive players (Jordan was one of the best ever at jumping passing lanes, LeBron is an all-time shotblocker for his height/position), they're both career 50% shooters though neither of them are great 3-pt. shooters.

MJ's still better because he was the best player on a team that dominated the NBA during a period with better competition with a similar cast of characters (aside from Pippen and a couple of seasons of Rodman, he had squat) while LeBron has been cruising in to the finals year after year in the historically terrible Eastern Conference and losing 4 out of 7 (and likely should've lost this year as well) Finals series. The greatest player of all times doesn't have a losing record in the NBA Finals. Sorry.

He's still an all-time great player and could definitely be argued as the greatest small/power forward in basketball history, but I still put Bill Russell and MJ ahead of him. I think he's on the same level as Magic and Kareem (even though they won more titles) and ahead of Kobe and Bird (because fuck Kobe and Bird had an injury-shortened career).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
MJ Classy? :lolz: He was like the biggest trash talker of the 90's. It was a huge part of his game.

MJ is the all time greatest IMO but come on now...

a sports thread on neo-geo.com. what did you expect. of course everything was roses 20 years ago and totally better back then.