Any chance for a full frontal Blazing Star and Pulstar??? :drool:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Dreamer said:
Le Geek: you rock dude :buttrock:

Any chance for a full frontal Blazing Star and Pulstar??? :drool:

Thanks!

Last Resort will be posted soon. I have plans for a Blazing Star, but I have several other projects to do first...

Cheers,
Ben

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Wow, good job man. I'll get my site updated soon. I am working on a whole bunch of stuff now and the site has been put on the back burner. I'm not out though! I'll get it going.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Keep up the phenomenal work Ben!

You're really coming up with some great stuff!

There's so many games left that need great insert designs as well as some that could use better ones.

I hope that you continue to do these designs.

Steve

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Blazing Star is taking a LONG time, but here you can see the progress made in terms of restoring the image from the flyer scan...
bstarwork1.jpg

bstarwork2.jpg

So all the text has been removed, and almost all of the spaceships and planet have been painted back in via photoshop. The main task now will be to fill in the scorpion robot without it looking like crap...:make_fac: Then I'll replace the background stars...

Cheers,
Ben

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
wow Ben, nice work. I hate cleaning crap up like that, its so time consuming.

Looking forward to seeing another quality insert from you.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Excellent work. Everything's looking great. :D Just curious though, did you end up using these Blazing Star scans: http://www.neogeoforlife.com/artwork.php or other ones? I know there were some pretty low res Blazing Star flyer scans floating around, but the ones in that artwork section seem pretty good. Some of the other stuff isn't so hot however. ;)

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Still working on Blazing Star but here are a few other inserts I'm working on...

Shock Troopers
shocktroopers-ff-copy.jpg

Ragnagard rework
ragnagard4-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
Still working on Blazing Star but here are a few other inserts I'm working on...

Shock Troopers
shocktroopers-ff-copy.jpg

Ragnagard rework
ragnagard4-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Nice Shock Troopers! I'll likely be getting a print of that badboy!
*Only thing: What's with the partial Marquee art on the back (the push D button thing) help me realize the vision.

Have you tried going all red with Ragnagard? I think the white background clashes a bit with what you've done. Try keeping it dark and see what comes of it.

nice work as usual. (im scared to see your Blazing Star man, I like being on top for the moment :kekeke: )

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks good but too much airspace on the front of Ragnagard IMO.
The Shock Troopers looks very clean,very nice.

Latest Blazing Star update jsut to compare 8-3-06
bstarwork3.jpg

BB

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Have you tried going all red with Ragnagard? I think the white background clashes a bit with what you've done. Try keeping it dark and see what comes of it.

ragnagard5-copy.jpg

How's this guy?

shockclose.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
*Only thing: What's with the partial Marquee art on the back (the push D button thing) help me realize the vision.

The back is from a flyer and had that on the back already, I used the same one.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Samurai Shodown 2 slight revision
samsho2-alt2-copy.jpg

I didn't like how the character images were completely tinted red

Puzzled FF
puzzled-ff-copy.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nice move on SS2.

Man I remember the Golden Age of insert making when tons of people would jump in and comment, etc. Those times have long past but I am happy to have been a part of it. They are all still out there but are just less active in the replies.

I always see the vultures/leeches watching the threads in creative aka "Guests".

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Nice move on SS2.

Man I remember the Golden Age of insert making when tons of people would jump in and comment, etc. Those times have long past but I am happy to have been a part of it. They are all still out there but are just less active in the replies.

Thanks!

Yeah, the excitement comes and goes for inserts. Of course it is the weekend, when--strangely enough--N-G.com members seem to have lives...:kekeke:

Here's another one to chew on...
wakuwaku-ff-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Now, now guys - I'm sure you knew there was going to be a core of people into the inserts when some folks would "come and go"...

Ben - if I may:

Love the Shock Troopers insert!

I agree with Bear on the Ragnagard. Something about no title on the front though. I think that Chris prefers it this way too. Not saying it needs it, but if that insert had a title logo on the front, I'm sure it would fit in the airspace.

I had previously bought the SS2 insert before making the change, and still like the red tint (but I like the new change too!)

The Puzzled is a great start so far, in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the white back, it seems unfinished to me. Perhaps a big balloon faded on the back or something...

Anyway, great work!

I was wondering for you guys who don't put the title logos on the front (Chris), would it be possible to offer two inserts: one without, and one with the title logo on the front?

That would be sweet.

Thanks,
Steve

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
le geek said:
Thanks!

Yeah, the excitement comes and goes for inserts. Of course it is the weekend, when--strangely enough--N-G.com members seem to have lives...:kekeke:

wakuwaku-ff-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

The white totally works on the WW7 though!

Love this one.

Steve

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
Thanks!

wakuwaku-ff-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

me wanty!!!!

Nice work!

I am still trying to muster the strength to bang out a Metal Slug Box set. Maybe just edit the spines of existing ones?! I dunno.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Orrimarrko said:
I agree with Bear on the Ragnagard. Something about no title on the front though...
Yeah the Ragnagard insert still needs "something". Ragnargard was the first "Full Frontal" I did and I was never quite happy with it. So I am determined to get it right eventually... :oh_no:

Orrimarrko said:
I had previously bought the SS2 insert before making the change, and still like the red tint (but I like the new change too!)
Cool, I'll keep both on my site then...

Orrimarrko said:
I was wondering for you guys who don't put the title logos on the front (Chris), would it be possible to offer two inserts...
I'm a big fan of what Chris laid out with the Full Frontal concept. Having the fronts like album covers--heavy on the artwork with no titles--will always be my preference.

That said I could see making some variants with the title on the front too for Southtown on a request basis...

Xian Xi said:
I like this one but can you do it in the official neo yellow?
Agreed!

pixeljunkie said:
I am still trying to muster the strength to bang out a Metal Slug Box set. Maybe just edit the spines of existing ones?! I dunno.
Dude go for it! Let me know if you need anything from me.

Cheers,
Ben

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I like this one but can you do it in the official neo yellow?

What official yellow do you mean? I've been wanting to change the Puzzle template to match the same shade used in Le Geeks "Magical Drop 3" insert. The print comes off a lot better than the current template.