le geek's Shockbox Insert Thread

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
le geek said:
Like Xian Xi said, it's the shadowing from the artwork
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972034&postcount=207

It might be more prominent since I knocked out the stars and rotated the scorpion boss.

I'm not sure what to do about it, but it doesn't bother me. What do you guys think?

I would probably clone the other side of the ship, then darken it slightly. That one is so dark it almost looks transparent, do you see what I mean?

I know how it is to have something finished and have to go back and change it so you can just tell us both to F-Off and we will be cool with that :lolz:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Okay, I'll fix it but it won't be for a few days... :mr_t:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
Like Xian Xi said, it's the shadowing from the artwork
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972034&postcount=207

It might be more prominent since I knocked out the stars and rotated the scorpion boss.

I'm not sure what to do about it, but it doesn't bother me. What do you guys think?

You could leave it alone (which is what I would do) or you could:.........

- copy the right side of the ship, vertical flip it to the other side and grab a bit of the color from that explosion and do a light paint over it with 50% opacity or whatever - to get the lighting expressed.

quickie for visual
blazingstar-ff-legeekcopy.jpg

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
SSVS Full Frontal
img-ssvs-legeek.jpg

Thanks to Neo Cover for most of the back art and Thanks to BIG BEAR and his classic shock insert for the logo and most of the front cover...

Will upload later this weekend :kekeke:

Cheers,
Ben

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
The SSVS full frontal is lovely.... I just ordered from SouthTown the version like this but with the classic grey..

Maybe if dubdubdub sees this he'll be able to switch my order....?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
evasyar said:
...anyone have these ones too?

a7_1.JPG

66_1.JPG

2nd one is available to download/print. The first one isn't anywhere I've seen but it would be nice if the person that made it shared that Haomaru art to help make a more complete Samurai Shodown 3 insert. I haven't seen the complete illustration of Haomaru from the SS3 insert anywhere.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
2nd one is available to download/print. The first one isn't anywhere I've seen but it would be nice if the person that made it shared that Haomaru art to help make a more complete Samurai Shodown 3 insert. I haven't seen the complete illustration of Haomaru from the SS3 insert anywhere.

I have seen a lot of inserts popping up lately that aren't found anywhere around here. Could it be possible they are from another neo-forum (foreign) or a parallel universe?

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
dubdubdub said:
I have seen a lot of inserts popping up lately that aren't found anywhere around here. Could it be possible they are from another neo-forum (foreign) or a parallel universe?

ditto....Ive picked up a few carts on the bay...I have a Neo Turf Masters insert that isnt anywhere else,and also a Shocktroopers 2nd insert that I havent seen anywhere too...only if I had a big enough scanner....:(

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
To Legeek and neocvera you guys planning on making box sets for MS FF or KOF??

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Tetsuo311 said:
To Legeek and neocvera you guys planning on making box sets for MS FF or KOF??

Hey, I made a boxset for Metal Slug already! (They can make one too, y'know, but c'mon -- NeoCverA only releases like two inserts a year -anyway-, and buggin' him to do more makes that number even smaller.)

(joke!)