LB 2-in-1, Garou for PS2 - Out 12 May 2005

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Lets hope SNK doesn't f**k up again and censor the U.S. releases of these games, like they did with the English release of Last Blade on the DC (released by Agetec, but censored by SNK Japan). What a joke that game was . . . :mad:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
The Stigma of of owning/playing Ports is worse than the stigma of owning/playing Gamer MVS carts.

Break it down like this:

Garou can be had for $80
I bet you could get both Last Blades for $50 total if you looke around...
I got MotW for a lot less than $80 a year ago. JHendrix is a knowledgeable guy in general, but doesn't know what the hell he's talking about with MVS. I agree you could get all 3 games for $130 without much trouble. Maybe inflating the games' prices in his mind helps justify his not paying for the games...?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SouthtownKid said:
I got MotW for a lot less than $80 a year ago. JHendrix is a knowledgeable guy in general, but doesn't know what the hell he's talking about with MVS. I agree you could get all 3 games for $130 without much trouble. Maybe inflating the games' prices in his mind helps justify his not paying for the games...?
Indeed... I got Garou for like $60... And both Last Blade games for $30 each.

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Thats a good news to hear I hope it will soon be released to the U.S as well:multi_co: EXPLOITS. PS2, RULEZ. :multi_co:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
SouthtownKid said:

:envy:

I was assuming this breakdown:

MOTW - $80
LB2 - $50
LB1 - $30

Why? Because that's about what I paid for each one, 4 years ago when I bought this stuff. :p

So yeah maybe I'm out of touch, but I figured those games wouldn't really move around in price much considering they're all high quality titles.

Heck even after I sold most of my games and went ROMZ, I still have my original MOTW and LB2 carts. Actually I think I paid upwards of $60 or so for my LB2 cart.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well, for 65 bucks a pop, they better be throwing in SOMETHING. Like a pleather terry jacket to go with my cheap-ass terry hat.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Pill said:
Well, for 65 bucks a pop, they better be throwing in SOMETHING. Like a pleather terry jacket to go with my cheap-ass terry hat.

The JPN PS2 version does have online play.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Just wondering if anyone's planning on getting the KDDI service here in the states? I don't know where the guy that started this thread about KOF '94 ReBout was actually located, but I am guessing Rome. I have a Japanese PSTwo and I want to play these ports online, but I'm just not sure if it's possible. Can anyone clarify?

Just a couple of weeks ago the dollar was worth more than then yen, but I think that only lasted a day or two, just thought I'd mention that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah,

Jian Yao realy killed the gammer MVS market....

JHendrix said:

MOTW - $80
LB2 - $50
LB1 - $30

Why? Because that's about what I paid for each one, 4 years ago when I bought this stuff. :p

So yeah maybe I'm out of touch, but I figured those games wouldn't really move around in price much considering they're all high quality titles.

Heck even after I sold most of my games and went ROMZ, I still have my original MOTW and LB2 carts. Actually I think I paid upwards of $60 or so for my LB2 cart.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm in full agreement here that $65.00 is a bit high for those PS2 titles.

The price problem has to do with many aspects of Japan. In Jp. you have a huge population in the work force creating a massive amount "middle men". There are all these extra guys doing a job that doesn't require so many people. But, all these "middle men" have to make a salary, so the production cost rises and the burden of these expenses gets placed on the consumer.

The other problem is that Japanese consumers don't sneer at prices the way westerners do, if a store says,

"Hey, this is the shin hatsubai deal of the century muthafuckas, so slap down that credit cardo now!"

...then the public will obey, like passive sheep.

However, with the JP economy having taken a nose dive, greed incorporated has been slapped in the face with a harsh dose of reality-people aren't buying the way they used too. Sony knows that rabid otaku fans (and probably myself) will pick up MOTW rehash, & LB1 & 2 extra saucy edition at the release price. However, for the patient, those prices will decline when they are re-rehashed as SNK BEST series for about $25.00, just like KOF 2000 & 2001. But unfortunatley, it'll be too little, too late. So FU SONY.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:

MOTW - $80
LB2 - $50
LB1 - $30

I forgive you. :mad: :conf: ;) (boog style)

Ironically, people like you going Romz, probably helped decrease demand and helped people like me get my games cheaper. :emb: :make_fac: :kekeke: and, of course: :cool:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Back in the 90's when CD's were sold in Japan, they always had extra tracks to make up for the fact that they had to pay so much god damn more for them.

Now days with video games, we get them cheaper and sometimes packaged with other games.

Japanese video game players are getting screwed.... It will be even worese if they can further curb the selling of used games.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I just hope they're ported as well as 2k3 was: Little to no loading time, AST, Hi-res demo scenes, soft filtered sprites.

On a related note, I was reading on Insert Credit something about the Garou port was featured in a recent issue of Dorimaga, but the article never went into any detail at all. Anyone snag that issue, or know what it said?

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Not many people here import PS2 games do they. :oh_no: If the games are standard retail price in Japan they'll be 6,800 + tax, as most are. SNKP are not charging $65 - that's a combination of Play-Asia's mark up and your economy. So essentially they're the equivalent of $49.95. They may be above your SRP thanks to the exachange rate but they're actually below ours :mr_t:

Lashujin said:
I would say any legit hardware>All, this Romz whoring is unstopable though it would appear.

Agreed 110%. And most of us have grown up with cart-based gaming. Always the single biggest pet peeve of mine with optical-based media is the loading time, despite FMV, animation, and redbook audio soundtracks.

I'm so spoiled with NEO AES/MVS, that it has shaped the way I play any game now. I expect all arcade-ish games to have infinate credits, zero wait time thanks to ROM memory, etc.

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
There is nothing wrong with ports...someone mentioned that the PS2 kof 2k2 was a bad port, I personally thought that that port was amazing.... All neogeo ports are very good and worth owning. Even if they are not 100% arcade perfect (which i think most of them are) they are all great games!

And yes the Garou and LB 1+2 will be excellent additions to my PS2 collection :glee:

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
?

Where the hell did he get the price from? Last time I checked some Japanese websites (which is this morning) it was 3800 yen for Garou and 7800 yen for Garou with Neo Geo Stick 2 package. I've never seen an announcement made for Last Blade collection. It'll be about 40 dollars which is pretty reasonable for Japanese import games. Even for Garou with Neo Stick 2, Neo Stick 2 alone costs like 6500 yen so it's a nice deal. I'm guessing that he assumed that because standard Japanese games cost abour 65bucks.

zapatistab said:
Looks like MOTW price was lowered. And it will also be bundled with the PS2 Neo Stick as another option.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-70-iz7.html

Also the release date for both games was moved to May 26th. But I'm sure that's not set in stone.

I guess I'm a bit slow

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Question is, will you be able to play these online with a modded ps2?

Would it even work in the US with a JPN ps2?

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Electroman said:
Agreed 110%. And most of us have grown up with cart-based gaming. Always the single biggest pet peeve of mine with optical-based media is the loading time, despite FMV, animation, and redbook audio soundtracks.

I'm so spoiled with NEO AES/MVS, that it has shaped the way I play any game now. I expect all arcade-ish games to have infinate credits, zero wait time thanks to ROM memory, etc.

IMHO, the AST in CD-games makes the experience much better. Final Fight CD, and SS2 CD had AST's that were leaps and bounds better than the rom-based midi-versions.