Kof2k3 insert WIP

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Since I plan on buying this game pretty soon, I thought I would start trying to come up with a Classic-Shock insert for my collection. Let me know what you guys think so far.

First Version

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
I like it, and I like where your going with the back.

The front looks a little cluttered, and a it's a total guy fest with the exception of Mai.

Perhaps use some art other than their portraits if you can find it...

Also if you can work it in, I think the KOF logo on the front would look better Centered, or atleast off to one corner or another, as is is good... but something seems off... Balance wise... IE theres all kinds of action to the right but not as much on the left. ( I Mean the front portion only, I understand the back side is still in progress)

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
It look pretty cool. neat job!

My only considerations:

- I'd put the logo centered, just to balance the cover a bit;

- And a border between the artwork and the gray area (not red - a glowing green, maybe?)

And I'm not sure if I liked the idea for the back cover... so much green maybe... but I'm 90% sure that it will look better when you put the pics and text over it.

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I was thinking... how about that poster artwork that was released some weeks before the game, that all green, with the new hero team + logo?

That was the best KOF2003 artwork I saw, it would look awesome in an insert.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Looks good, I agree with other comments on here but it looks like you're going in the right direction. And might I say it's about time someone did one.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
I was thinking... how about that poster artwork that was released some weeks before the game, that all green, with the new hero team + logo?

That was the best KOF2003 artwork I saw, it would look awesome in an insert.

Do you have a link to this artwork? I'd like to take a look at it.

Thanks for the comments all!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Is'nt that the same artwork that's on the mvs flyer??? The art from the poster?
keep up the good work.
My intentions are getting ahold o fthe real deal soon...those are my intentions.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I suppose that's the same that BB is talking about. I'll search the old threads later, if I find, I'll post it here.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Heres a second front I did just emphasizing the 3 new entries.
New Front

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
NeoCverA said:
Heres a second front I did just emphasizing the 3 new entries.
kof2k3insert2front.jpg

Dude... that's COOL!

I'm searching for that pic right now.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Flip the guy on the right...This one is defiitely better,flip the guy on the right(forgot his name). You may want to dim the background abit if possible.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
Flip the guy on the right...This one is defiitely better,flip the guy on the right(forgot his name). You may want to dim the background abit if possible.
-BB

Somethin like this?
Flipped and Dimmed

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
NeoCverA said:

As 100% personal preference, I would put the duolon layer over the guy at right (I don't remember his name either), just cause it looks like that guys is stepping in his cape. And separate them just a bit, to Ash cover the right guy's arm, that looks a little strage appearing between Ash and Duolon.

It IS a classic insert! :buttrock:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
forgot to mention that you should reveal all of the logo on the front cover.
The Logo's are always exposed fully on the front cover. I don't know if you want to resize the logo on the front abit or the height of the characters(?)
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
As 100% personal preference, I would put the duolon layer over the guy at right (I don't remember his name either), just cause it looks like that guys is stepping in his cape. And separate them just a bit, to Ash cover the right guy's arm, that looks a little strage appearing between Ash and Duolon.

It IS a classic insert! :buttrock:

Yeah,spread them out abit..even if the guy(who is he) has to be stepping out of the background onto the grey part.
-BB

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
These are 2 revisions with KOF2k3 logo in front of all else.

Step Version

enlarged in box

I love the enlarged box version. I believe ASH stepping out of the background would make it perfect,meaning just include all of his legs and feet if possible.
I believe it would be perfect then...If it does'nt,the enlarged box is still best.
BTW, I guess Ash's head would have to be infront of the logo if you have him step out o fthe background.
-BB

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Here is the Ash out of the box version with other 2 in the box and enlarged.
I think this is the one. Great idea having him step out BB.

kof2k3insert2ashout.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That is FCKIN' SICK! :buttrock:
Now for the hard part,the back cover :D i really like teh silver(metalic) spine from the original insert as well..that's just my personal pref..not that i would suggest you do it.
GREAT JOB!
-BB

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I started working on the back today to complete the insert and I have to say, it's been a pain in th arse. This is what I have that I can show you now.

I didn't re-size it as I normally do because there was a lot of color/quality-loss even this one doesnt represent the actual 100% but its close enough for you to critique.

Thoughts, impressions.
kof2k3.jpg

Last edited:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Love your work NeoCverA! :D If possible, I would really like to see a second version of your 03 insert that had black replacing the great background on the front and spine, the KoF 03 logo removed from the spine, Ash added to the spine, '03 added to the spine and the font changed for the meg count on the front to match the 'large picture' set of KoF inserts... alot of work for you I understand, and might be heresy to you too (not sure) but it would definitely be appreciated as an alternative... :D

Either way great work.