KOF2003 Boot....

RVF400

Host for Orochi
is jahei back again?.

that board looks to good, those chips are exactly the same to the original!, if its a boot its a fucking good one, my guess is that it comes from china, hong kong don't do bootlegs no more as they have a lot of pressure from america at the moment.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Here's a link to one of Japhei's Black Label auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3261668661&category=3945
counterfeitjamma

And here's a link to a random authentic auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3260497502&category=13718
authenticjamma

As you can see in the pics, a bootleg Jamma PCB is harder to identify than a cart, but there are subtle differences. Although, the Black sticker is the dead giveaway.

My God that is an absolutely amazing bootleg, I mean, there is very little there to tip off an average user that it is fake. You could probably see the two boards side by side and only notice the few small changes... Whoever is making these is a damn pro shop... poor SNK.

-Nick

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Technically if someone made a bootleg JAMMA board then they at the same time made a bootleg Neo Geo?

If that's truly the case why do we not see bootlegged MVS boards?

Not doubting...just curious.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
ResOGlas said:
No No No. Yaton's a great seller, he just charges way too much money for shipping. His items are legit, just not in great condition.

Actually, one time, I bought a metal slug and puzzle bobble bootleg from him, but I don't think he knows what is bootleg and what isn't.

UrAIdIot

Banned
nruva said:
My God that is an absolutely amazing bootleg, I mean, there is very little there to tip off an average user that it is fake. You could probably see the two boards side by side and only notice the few small changes... Whoever is making these is a damn pro shop... poor SNK.

-Nick

Once again another idiot

There is no such thing as a bootleg Jamma SVC stop speculating retards

RVF400

Host for Orochi
my father in law is in the goverment for china, he is in charge of all business's in guangzhou province, which is where most things are made clothes,electronics etc. , he always said the the factorys that make the originals always also make copys or bootlegs, 50% of the time its the employees doing it themselves, and the rest of the time its stealing from the factorys. i recon these are made in the very same factory, when i go to china this year i am gonna hunt around with my father and see where they come from.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
UrAIdIot said:
Once again another idiot

There is no such thing as a bootleg Jamma SVC stop speculating retards

thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard, there are bootlegs/copies of everything, clothes,jewelry,games,videos,music. everything its big business in asia, theres even bootleg hardware nintendo anyone?, its real it happens this is a boot stop bullshitting. i would argue that till your ears bleed

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
UrAIdIot said:
There is no such thing as BOOT King Of Fighters 2003.Also There is no such thing as a boot jamma board of SNK VS Capcom.

bagdad-bob1.jpg

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Ooooh, I'm still semi-new, this is the first time I've had a Japhei sighting..

Seeing as I'm rather new, lemme just add somethign to this. If you look carefully you -can- see enough differences to see it's a boot. there's a line of chips that don't line up perfectly, and a couple chips seem a touch out of place but it is a fine boot job.

That being said, it's a boot. This is from a newbie. A newbie that will gladly stab you in the face with his penis if necessary. If it weren't for your auctions clogging up eBay, I'd have a somewhat good shot at getting real authentic MVS carts. Go home.

-AG

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
UrAIdIot said:
First off you are a idiot.There is no such thing as BOOT King Of Fighters 2003.Also There is no such thing as a boot jamma board of SNK VS Capcom. The picture is dark because it was taken with a crappy camera. You people need to get real and stop all this whiny bullshit. And most of you are just speculating without any real proof. You are pieces of shit plain and simple.

thats what you get when you use Fugi cameras;) Or is it Kojak?

:make_fac:

Can I have my $400 back now?:blow_top: :blow_top:

T-H-E-I-F:angry:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
RVF400 said:
my father in law is in the goverment for china, he is in charge of all business's in guangzhou province, which is where most things are made clothes,electronics etc. , he always said the the factorys that make the originals always also make copys or bootlegs, 50% of the time its the employees doing it themselves, and the rest of the time its stealing from the factorys. i recon these are made in the very same factory, when i go to china this year i am gonna hunt around with my father and see where they come from.

aaaaah that is an interesting input........

and it makes sense..... so its an authentic boot lol :tickled:

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
The bootleg version doesn't seem to have dipswitches. On the real one you can see the blue dipswitch box on the top right of the board, the bootleg has a smaller silver box with no switches. I think it's the dipswitches anyway, both pictures are a bit unclear.

Maybe we'll start seeing cheap AES clones?

slerch666

updyke,
robert-gamble said:
The bootleg version doesn't seem to have dipswitches. On the real one you can see the blue dipswitch box on the top right of the board, the bootleg has a smaller silver box with no switches. I think it's the dipswitches anyway, both pictures are a bit unclear.

Maybe we'll start seeing cheap AES clones?
I think the dips ARE there on the other one, but because it's a crappy picture the glare hides them. I could be wrong, of course.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
i love this part of his auction
*QUESTION:"In your auctions that have a picture in the description, why
do you use the same picture for additional auctions for the same game?
Are you selling my game to someone else?"

ANSWER: NO. Although the picture you see may not be the actual
item you receive, the picture does represent what style
cart, or circuit board you are going to receive.
I frequently use a picture
again and again, because picture taking is a timely task.

It takes so long to take a picture of the item for sale, what a crock of shit

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
counterfeitdetail

I've gladly taken the time to label all the abnormalities of this close to perfect looking counterfeit.

1. Circled in blue: Capicitor is roughly 50% the size of the one on the authentic board.

2. Circled in Red: The little black resistor is way to far to the left, it should be resting under the big black chip above it.

3. Circled in green: Missing SNK sticker. (some originals are missing it too, but most have them)

4. Circled in orange: Spacing between the words on the sticker are way too wide and come very close to the edges of the sticker. Also, The sticker is printed in BLACK, not light blue like it should be.

5. The motherboard is actually a slightly lighter shade of green.

The bottom line is, no matter what Japhei wants to claim, this is indeed a completely different motherboard. No shitty camera can be to blame for all these obvious differences between the motherboards.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Is it possible there are slight differences between the Japanese jamma board and the english one? that does look like the boot label but I still cant fathom putting in the time and effort to make a boot board like that if they already have the cart.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
NeoFight said:
Is it possible there are slight differences between the Japanese jamma board and the english one? that does look like the boot label but I still cant fathom putting in the time and effort to make a boot board like that if they already have the cart.

Well, if there were two variations of the board, Japhei has the exclusive distribution rights.

It's plain and simple why they manufactured the Jamma boards, because distributors would have a harder time selling a cart which everyone knows doesn't exist, or a close replica of the jamma board which i'm sure many people could purchase without ever suspecting it's authenticity. Japhei didn't start selling the Jamma boards untill he couldn't sell the carts anymore. This is not in anyway an authentic board.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
well well well.... i have been chatting to my nephew in guangzhou china, he says there ARE boots of these games, he wants to get me one!, anyway they are fairly cheap around $180, and i will not sell them b4 any noob asks, its amazing what you can bootleg eh!. anyway i asked him to send me a picture when he can, should have one this week to look at.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
ResOGlas said:
Well, if there were two variations of the board, Japhei has the exclusive distribution rights.

It's plain and simple why they manufactured the Jamma boards, because distributors would have a harder time selling a cart which everyone knows doesn't exist, or a close replica of the jamma board which i'm sure many people could purchase without ever suspecting it's authenticity. Japhei didn't start selling the Jamma boards untill he couldn't sell the carts anymore. This is not in anyway an authentic board.

Well the other possibility is maybe parts were removed from that one to help the boot process or something along those lines hence making it look jacked up. I saw that board being sold on ebay and its the only jamma board like that I have ever seen that has any differences, then again thats also the first time I saw a pic of the japanese board.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I don't think it's bootleg, it's probably the japanese version only a hong kong seller has taken off the japanese label and put on a photocopied US one. wouldn't surprise me.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
c.t.h said:
I don't think it's bootleg, it's probably the japanese version only a hong kong seller has taken off the japanese label and put on a photocopied US one. wouldn't surprise me.

exactly.

and RVF when you get that pic please post asap, if there were bootleg jammas that will make it even more insane. However my money is on there not being boot jamma boards.

ResOGlas said:
Here's a link to one of Japhei's Black Label auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3261668661&category=3945
counterfeitjamma

And here's a link to a random authentic auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3260497502&category=13718
authenticjamma

As you can see in the pics, a bootleg Jamma PCB is harder to identify than a cart, but there are subtle differences. Although, the Black sticker is the dead giveaway.

I hate me for doing this (killing a flame war against Japhei) but I don't think there are SvCC jamma boots.

Right now what bootlegers to is:

take the data from the jamma boards (encrypted data)

have a computer unencrypt the data

burn the eeproms and place in MVS carts. (with unencrypt data)

Now, I don't think bootlegers can produce the snk encryption chip to add the the bootleg carts or Jamma. Thus is impossible to have a bootleg jamma SvCC since it uses encrypted data.

Also it's a know fact that SvCC was a success in the arcade market and had more than one run of boards which explain the revisions and different suppliers.

Just to finish, but I'm not sure on this one, I thought blue labels was something SNKP was doing only for the international market, as far i remember the label remained black in Japan.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
guys are you forgetting $350 each?!!!!!!!!!!, what are they stolen?, think hard i know its diffucult but i know these are boots

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
RVF400 said:
guys are you forgetting $350 each?!!!!!!!!!!, what are they stolen?, think hard i know its diffucult but i know these are boots

Oh I dont think anyone disputes the kof2k3s being boots. The cheapest price on the board is like $800 there is no way someone got a deal that good. There is no point in discussing it, their boots ;)

But that svc jamma bein boot, no.

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
c.t.h said:

Uh, it's a bootleg. Resoglas' pictures scream it to me, it's quite obvious. Look at all the differences on the board. The japanesE board is identical to the US board except for the label. How the fuck can you guys question all these facts that are thrown in your lap. Jesus fucking Christ, You might as well buy up this faggots bootlegs if you think they look so good...