KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
lol, amazon got the same order wrong twice, shipping wise. Said it was delivered but it wasnt. Had to wait 3 days till we could dispute it. Cancelled the order redid it, same thing. LOL it was a nightmare. Ontop of that it was for 2 necessities cat food and sex lube. Was funny cause when chatting with a amazon rep they posted the WHOLE name of the products.

Games wise I haven't had issues. Amazon wise in general they put 20lbs of Epsom salt on top of squeeze bottles of something or another and you can guess the mess involved. I got a full refund with little hassle.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
They def are good about refund, but i dont want the refund i want the product when i ordered it!!! lol
Let us know if the game comes in as promised man

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201608/23113916.html

l_57bc086145172.jpg

l_57bc08614227e.jpg

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Quick updates:
- Legacy controller support is present in the first patch, but doesn't appear to be working correctly. Expect a run on converters if that keeps up.
- The artbook in the Burn to Fight edition may be the best limited edition artbook I've ever seen. It's closer to something you'd buy separately than an extra.
- (edit, 1 more) The soundtrack in the full edition is complete and excellent as well. The retail version on Amazon.jp has 3 'bonus' tracks that aren't included in the home version, though. Still a good deal when most limited editions give you 1/4 of the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
They def are good about refund, but i dont want the refund i want the product when i ordered it!!! lol
Let us know if the game comes in as promised man

I got it today. That artbook is pretty huge. I'm conflicted in what to do right way. Play online or just screw around offline and get an idea on who I like.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'd vote for the latter.

On my way home from work to break this bad boy open. I'll post some impressions once I get some quality time in.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Spent some time tooling around with some training and the story mode.

I am really impressed. There are some essential characters missing IMO but overall I am really happy with how this turned out. I really hope we get more bonus costumes and DLC characters in the coming months.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
just spent some time with the game, played mission mode and training mode for a bit. Alice so far is my fav of the new chars, she seems like she will be top tier in the future. The box for the burn to fight edition is huge, the art-book is full size and the ost case is gorgeous. me and the GF have been having a blast with what we have played so far.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Man, I had to talk myself down HARD from buying the deluxe version. If I owned a PS4, it'd probably already be on its way here.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
all these impressions/reviews make me want to pick up a PS4 just for KOF...

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
The more i play it, the more i love it. The game is good guys, awesome fighting engine with multiple combos with cancels, tight and precise controls with the movement, music feels right for a kof mostly, graphics are pretty good but could use a little more consistency and i am enjoying a lot of the new characters. Also, it has full on classic arcade mode with nice endings similar to '96 and '97... hellz yes! As predicted, netcode is laggy and that is a damn shame. I tried 4 matches and they were unplayable. You pretty much have to get lucky and match up with someone using a great ISP connection.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I agree. I was slightly worried with the demo in finding a style that works, but there are plenty of characters that feel great. The only thing I'll say about the netcode is this generation made it ridiculously easier to patch a game up. So, hopefully SNK will learn how to fix a netcode for once and do it quickly. Because letting this opportunity go to waste would be a damn shame.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Fatal fury team ending is pretty amusing. Joe's music from Fatal Fury 2 (the best Joe music if you ask me) was a nice touch

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
once you guys play around with it alittle more, who do you guys feel are the worst characters?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It's still really early. I've only played a little under 30 characters, but the only character I felt lost with is Chin. They killed dwn, dwn, P and didn't put back in dp + P. He has no fireball (at least the wine bottle was sort a one). and the backhand punch (QCB+P) has nerfed range. At this point you'd be better off using the CD instead. His drink system now is 10 with any hit seemingly taking off 2 drinks.

Not sure if any of the combos were left intact, but he took quite the hit in this version as far as I can tell.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fatal fury team ending is pretty amusing. Joe's music from Fatal Fury 2 (the best Joe music if you ask me) was a nice touch

The Invitation Team has an interesting ending.

Asian (?) version has reversible cover art:

Cqg4oYjVMAAOTkf.jpg

The game is receiving positive reviews (Metacritic score as of now: 81)

Make sure to read Famitsu's latest interview with the devs. Lot's of interesting development information were discussed in it:

Part 1

Part 2

AoF2 tribute according to mmcafe:

once you guys play around with it alittle more, who do you guys feel are the worst characters?

For me it's Xanadu. No clue on how to use him.

Not sure if any of the combos were left intact, but he took quite the hit in this version as far as I can tell.

Keep exploring. There were other characters that I thought were nerfed too (namely Clark, Terry, Mature and Beni) but I found new combos / tricks / setups with them after a while.

I'll post some general tips soon.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
These are character-specific attack properties and links that I have found so far. I will also make a thread during the weekend and keep updating the list with new findings.

Andy:

close LK > HK

far LK > HK

QCF K can be interrupted while in air by pressing down LK+HK

Ryo:

crouch LK > crouch HP

Gang Il:

qcf HP has armor on start up animations

Nelson:

the back HP part of his chain causes instant guard crush

Xanadu:

Far HP has armor in the middle of its animation

Far HK has armor in the middle of its animation

Shunei:

far HP > HP

Tung Fu Rue:

far HP is cancellable (into df LP command too)

Meitenkun:

The longer you charge his charge moves, the stronger they become

Ramon:

down LP > HP crossup command also hits opponents while on the floor.

King of Dinosaurs:

far LK is cancellable

hcb HP (and EX) grab has full armor during initial animation

far HP has armor during its first few frames

qcb K grabs opponent while on floor (guaranteed after qcf x2 K DM and normal grabs if opponent doesn't do a safe fall)

King:

far LK has armor in its first few frames

Mai:

close LK > HK

Geese:

If timed so that you press back K on the exact instant the opponent attacks, his qcf hcb K counter DM won't take any power stocks (possibly a bug).

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
already found a bug dude? damn

King Dino, what are your impressions of him so far. He looks slow but has armor and im thinking of picking him up once i play this game

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If you stay crouched for a while with Xanadu, he will stare at you lol.

already found a bug dude? damn

King Dino, what are your impressions of him so far. He looks slow but has armor and im thinking of picking him up once i play this game

KoD is boss :D

I mainly use far LK > qcf LP to hit confirm before qcfx2 K DM, followed by qcb K floor grab. Fast, good range and safe. Check out this video if you haven't.

PS: The Geese bug found by some players during a youtube match.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
thanks for that link man, i havent been keeping up with it since i dont have the game yet. He does look frkn boss.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Really digging what I've played so far. Something about the speed definitely feels off when you first start but I was in the groove after a 4-hour session last night.

- Really like the majority of the new characters both in look and in play style. I very well may end up fielding a team of all new characters (Luong for my Yamazaki/face-sitting fix, Shun-Ei for the easy 50% 1-meter combos, Nelson for the dirty mix-ups or Love for brain-dead safe chains and because female pirates are always awesome). Fuck Sylvia in her stupid clown face though.

- Another World team is going to be a serious problem. Nakoruru's Annu Matsube follow-up is 600% safe and her cr. hp comes out fast and has a gigantic hit box. Mui Mui's s. hp is a crazy fast, far-reaching poke. Love's c. hp looks and acts like Sagat's from CvS2 and is cancellable.

- The trials SUCK. They're more or less the same for every character (special cancel, super cancel, something with MAX, advanced cancel, dream cancel). They're not difficult enough to be any kind of challenge and they're not varied or character specific enough to be educational. Just garbage. Tutorial is similarly worthless for anyone who's ever played a fighting game before.

- Antonov is hilarious. Incredibly grateful to have a KoF boss that isn't an 80 lb. albino or Rugal for the 17th time.

- Geese is a monster in this game. So glad to have him back in KoF.