KOF XIII New Character Prediction Thread

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Oswald > K'

Oswalt's cool but I like K' more.

But as for 'new' characters, I think you know I meant original characters we haven't seen in a KOF before. Characters specifically created for a new game. Save that for the next iteration of KOF.

Oswald doesn't qualify as a 'new' character by how I mean it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
How SNKP were able to create such a cool, well animated fun to play as char in KOF XI, I'll never know. It's like it was the old days again.
He was the best new member the series had seen since... hmmm... Vanessa.

But as for 'new' characters, I think you know I meant original characters we haven't seen in a KOF before. Characters specifically created for a new game. Save that for the next iteration of KOF.
You're probably right. Though we do need at least one new face for a boss, I think.

:mad: :mad: :mad: NIGHTMARE DUCK KING AS THE BOSS :mad: :mad: :mad:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're probably right. Though we do need at least one new face for a boss, I think.

:mad: :mad: :mad: NIGHTMARE DUCK KING AS THE BOSS :mad: :mad: :mad:

The ultimate twist. All this time, he has been the one controlling Geese, Krauser, Kain...

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
Someone do me an animated gif of Mai from that Character screen on the website lol

Here's a gif somebody posted. :qcf:

maixiii.gif

Man, this roster is lookin' good. Especially with K' team added as the leak suggests, very solid. I'm guessing he'll be with Maxima and Kula, but anybody would be good.

Blue Mary is always my #1 wish pick, and Billy Kane after that. Either of them in the Kim or Iori team would be glorious.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Oswalt's cool but I like K' more.

Oswald doesn't qualify as a 'new' character by how I mean it.

I'm so pissed about Oswald. Super slick and cool design that made into one game. Same with Angel and K999 (though that was a legal reason). Why ditch such fun designs?

Deuce

As much as I like Vice (far more than I like Mature, in fact), I will keep my fingers crossed that, somehow, Oswald winds up on the Yagami team. I don't care how they finagle it, story-wise. Get him in there! Or as another edit character!

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Absolutely. (K9999) was my favorite design of 2001.

the absolute rip off of Tetsuo from the anime movie, Akira, which SNKP was warned to never use in a new game, which caused them to recreate him as Nameless, was your favorite design in 2k1? >.>

Setsuna1982

World Her,
the absolute rip off of Tetsuo from the anime movie, Akira, which SNKP was warned to never use in a new game, which caused them to recreate him as Nameless, was your favorite design in 2k1? >.>

Thanks for your opinion Mr "God bless snkp for releasing a turd like XII so I can masturbate to screenshots of XIII"

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Do you have any idea how many SNK characters are homages or rip-offs of other characters from movies, anime, or comics? ANY idea?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Everyone here knows that. Why are you trying to act like a know it all?

And Nameless did not look cool. He looked like a faggot's rough delight.

Deuce

Do you have any idea how many SNK characters are homages or rip-offs of other characters from movies, anime, or comics? ANY idea?

Well, you don't get much more grotesque than K9999.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Everyone here knows that. Why are you trying to act like a know it all?

And Nameless did not look cool. He looked like a faggot's rough delight.

Like an acorn?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member

I have.

I could easily write a 100 lines post about it.

But seriously, K9999 was way beyond any 'homage' limit.

You can dig a topic on mine if you like where I posted a nice vid with all the same lines and moves from the movie being reproduces into the K9999 character. Same voice actor, also. And same with KUSANAGI and Kaneda. And, oh... SOL = Zero Cannon, you know.

That being said, K9999 was cool as ice. Nameless is not even refreshing. Too bad. :(

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Well, so much for that. But that's why I liked him... he was CLEARLY Tetsuo, and I love Akira. I thought it was cool as hell. Oh well. :annoyed:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Are we ever going to get KOF2002UM in North America? KOF98UM was great.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I didn't like K9999's design that much.

Plus, yeah, hes never appearing in another snkp release since the legal action.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I didn't like K9999's design that much.

Plus, yeah, hes never appearing in another snkp release since the legal action.

What didn't you like about him? He wasn't a combo spazfag dream, but he had some really cool animations.

As for being a clear Tetsuo ripoff, I would say more precisely he was a clear Tetsuo homage. He did not share the same face, big forehead, much less name. SNK probably settled to avoid getting sued when they were already in an extremely financially weak spot. The settlement does not mean that the IP holders of Tetsuo were right. It just means they were strategically in a superior position.