KOF 02/03 xbox live!

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Phoenix Down said:
I'd love to play some online matches, but because of fucking Comcast I can't go even one match without getting massive lag.

I'm this close to switching to DSL...

I wouldn't.

Comcast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DSL

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I finally picked it up a couple days ago, but I haven't even had a chance to take it out of the wrapper yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to get on sometime this week.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just picked this up today! Can't wait to play you guys. Warning: I'm not that good in KOF.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Does anyone think the '03 port sucks huge balls? I played them both, '02 first then '03 ..and '02 is the only one I will play.

I have never played '03 on my MVS so I dont have much to compare it to that way. I think the characters look like crap in the Xb '03 disc, pixelated more than normal, clolor not as good, and just an overall "WTF happened?) look to it.

02 rocks though, I will be on XBL if you wanna kick my ass

ENASNI is my screen name

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Konig said:
Does anyone think the '03 port sucks huge balls? I played them both, '02 first then '03 ..and '02 is the only one I will play.

I have never played '03 on my MVS so I dont have much to compare it to that way. I think the characters look like crap in the Xb '03 disc, pixelated more than normal, clolor not as good, and just an overall "WTF happened?) look to it.

02 rocks though, I will be on XBL if you wanna kick my ass

ENASNI is my screen name

I don't know what bootleg MVS 2003 cart your got, but the one I've seen is very close to the Xbox version. I actually like 2003's faster gameplay and being able to play Tizoc is nice. Plus it's basically lag free while 2002 still has a bit of lag making it not as fun.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Jedah Doma said:
I don't know what bootleg MVS 2003 cart your got, but...

like I posted, I don't have '03 on MVS. I like the characters in '03, but Terry looks blurry kind of, and Tizoc + Gato look overly pixelated by comparison.

Did two different program/design teams work on these games?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wes said:
Just picked this up today! Can't wait to play you guys. Warning: I'm not that good in KOF.
= he will beat the living shit out of you after he gets 5 minutes experience with the game.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Garou[ryu] said:
GG in 02 wes your terry is a very bad man!

GGs man. I'd really like to play at night, because that's when we seem to have better connections. That lag was pretty bad, so it was hard to react to things. Nice Geese though. How did you pick him? Sorry I didn't have my headset on, but I heard your voice through my speakers ;)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I will see some of you guys tommorrow morning/afternoon. :)

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Sorry Garou[RYU] I was playing a good friend online. Thats why I didnt play with you.

Yo Wesand JHendrix I need to play some KOF with you!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
MilkManX said:
Yo Wesand JHendrix I need to play some KOF with you!

Agreed, I haven't seen yo guys on. We need some more NG.com folks to play KOF with.

JHendrix

Jedah Doma said:
Agreed, I haven't seen yo guys on. We need some more NG.com folks to play KOF with.

Been buisy. New job, just started my fall semester in grad school, and on top of that I have picked up yet another dangerously addicting time heavy hobby on the side.

I will play tommorrow morning and afternoon though. My AIM is JHendrix559 and I'll post up on here before I get online.

Anyone going to be around from say 11:00 till 4PM? I won't be on that whole time but if people message me for matches I can hop up to play. :)

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
I haven't played it yet.

Was gonna on Tuesday, but I got my modded PS2 in, so I was playing Elevator Action Returns. And today is the start of the football season, so I won't be playing today either. Hopefully Saturday.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'll be picking this one up soon. Hopefully I'll be able to tear myself away from 3rd Strike so I can give you guys some free wins. :D

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I was just on for a little bit, had some good matches in 2003.

We need to get a Tournament together, or at least get a general time when everyone's on. I haven't seen any NG.com peeps yet. :(

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Phoenix Down said:
I was just on for a little bit, had some good matches in 2003.

We need to get a Tournament together, or at least get a general time when everyone's on. I haven't seen any NG.com peeps yet. :(

You still coming to philly?

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Wes said:
How did you pick him?

if you hold the right trigger on billy you can get geese.you can do the same on rugal,shermie team,kyo,iori

when will you be free to play? send me an invite if you see me on(sometimes when i play counter strike i dont get the inbox symbal poping up) so it may take me a sec to respond

JHendrix

Scratch my being online thing today. Sorry guys, but if I make it online it'll only be for a few matches.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
Scratch my being online thing today. Sorry guys, but if I make it online it'll only be for a few matches.

SCARED?!?!?!?!?!!

JHendrix

Wes said:
SCARED?!?!?!?!?!!

Just for that I'll make sure to hop on and play at least a few matches w/ you.

VDogg (you don't know him, but some guys met him at our get-togethers) just got a job where I work and so gets out of work early on Fridays like I do. We're meeting up to go out and play some 40k before the rest of our friends get out of work tonight.

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Garou[ryu] said:
if you hold the right trigger on billy you can get geese.you can do the same on rugal,shermie team,kyo,iori

when will you be free to play? send me an invite if you see me on(sometimes when i play counter strike i dont get the inbox symbal poping up) so it may take me a sec to respond

one more thing if you want to select these characters in single player you have to beat all of the challenge missions

edit this is easiest to do with rugal just use his huge fireball over and over

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
My KOF 2k2/2k3 is on the way. I'll post my new Live tag here and in my sig when I get my account up and running. I also got SFAC, so I'll be looking to spar in that too. Go easy on me though, I haven't been playing much in the way of fighters lately. :crying: