Keep KOF2K on NeoGeo!

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I think the gun move was more of an insult move than anything else.

Except the computer is really stupid with the gun in '99. The computer finishes off the entire clip even if it hits after the first hit. It doesn't make sense. :P

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i think that the bouncyness and the gun arent in kof2000 because it is the american version you'r playing and its just censoring. bouncyness i guess isnt appropriate and a gun in a game could lead to people killing people. :P and that kinda shtuff just dont pass us censors

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Yeah, but the bounciness was in the previous versions of KoF. Why take it out in 2000 for the US? Did SNK get sued for this or something?

What I also don't understand is that my emulated KoF '99 doesn't have blood when Iori slashes at the guy. I see the impact sprites but no blood. I set the region in the emulator to Japan Arcade Mode but it still doesn't have it? But for some reason when my arcade had '99 there was blood?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

KOF Evolution (99) and KOF DM 1999 (98) are the best KOF translations I have ever played. They may not be 100% arcade perfect, but they came pretty damn close...

Now, being a KOF fan, I feel it is my obligation to spread the gospel of KOF and SNK fighters and show the world that the fighting game genre is not only made up of Street Fighter and only Capcom fighters.

KOF2K is a game that should be ported to new systems, at least to the DC (which seems to have the best versions of SNK fighters next to the original MVS versions).

------------------
Ed aka Burning Ranger #23
Master of the Hornet, God of Powersliding (and KOF Junkie)
"Rolling... STOP!"

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
A Naomi KOF would be cool though..... It would be awesome to see the characters on that arcade system.... that said though, SNK have done a damn fine job with KOF and they have pushed the hardware to the limits with each new version that comes out.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
The emu's region thing isn't very effective for some reason, i remember trying to get blood on the JAP ver. of SSIV by setting the territory, and i'm pretty sure i still got cow's milk instead of blood. BTW, it could also have some thing to do with your roms, because i don't think that the KOF99 roms are correct yet (?).

BTW, i have NO NEO roms on my computer. the emu remains, however.

Also, this topic is a real trooper huh? It's been up here for like, 3~4 weeks!

Oh well. Bye now.

------------------
31436715.jpg

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sonic1687:
i think that the bouncyness and the gun arent in kof2000 because it is the american version you'r playing and its just censoring. bouncyness i guess isnt appropriate and a gun in a game could lead to people killing people. :P and that kinda shtuff just dont pass us censors

Freaking whore...!!!

Now, I gotta try that gun shit in this Jap. arcade... damn, I miss that move.

Damn stupid Columbine shooting shit.