I've finaly learned to like 2k3

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
It's always been too fast paced, over combo ridden and hetic for me to have a good time with. Just pure chaos.

As of late, I'm playing it non stop.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its alright, but meh

it has some serious AI flaws

with ryo you can just fbf+C , zanretsuken on kusanagi until he's dead

it works on the 'real' boss too.

looks ok, but theres obvious frames missing, I guess its fun and worth the $50 I paid for the MVS kit. I'd rather play 95 though, its awesome.

:p

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
kernow said:
it has some serious AI flaws

with ryo you can just fbf+C , zanretsuken on kusanagi until he's dead
Yeah, but what fighting game doesn't have that kind of problem?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I think it's fun to play specialy when it's 2p, but I never really switched characters at first...then I got use to it. What sucked was that my brother always switched the character right when I was going to beat it....bunghole(he might get mad when he sees this). It was fun anyway! The LDM thing is ok, just sucks sometimes since we always play picking random. Some characters have good ones and others have kinda bad ones. It was also nice trying something different. Kusanagi was a bunghole sometimes...and my brother really hated Maki. Did anyone here find Maki hard?

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
I've always liked 2003. Not my favorite of the series, but its a fun romp.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
2k3 is up there for me. The art/BG's suck compared to older ones...but I love how fast that damn game is! Gets constant rotation in the cab for me.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
2k3 is up there for me. The art/BG's suck compared to older ones...but I love how fast that damn game is! Gets constant rotation in the cab for me.
Thats true, the art and backgrounds suck compared to the WAY older ones, but compared to 01 and 02...?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
alec said:
Thats true, the art and backgrounds suck compared to the WAY older ones, but compared to 01 and 02...?
I agree. 02 is all over the place too. At first that ridiculous one with the animals, awful coloring, and crappy music made me overlook the better ones the game offers.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I just got my ass owned online against some dude who's record was over 1900 wins and 39 losses.

His Yamazaki skills were quite impressive to say the least.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
1900 wins and 39 loses!? That's nuts! He must be reaaaaaaaaally really good. This person must have alot of free time or just practices everyday! Come to think of it....does everyone here play the game at difficulty 8 and find it easy? I just don't find the boss easy....And I don't like winning a fight by spamming things....

Anyway, 2003 is fun to me :D !

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The people online on Neowave are really out of control. I don't know if they're just exploiting flaws in the online system, or if they've just figured out to be really cheap. I've never beat anyone on there, and I don't think I'm too bad.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
There's a small amount of lag online. It's not enough to ruin the game, but it does run just a tad bit slower. It takes a good 10 or more matches just to get use to that. Towards the final matches I atleast was getting him down to his last fighter.

I also learned alot of ideas from him on how to use Billy + Yamazaki as a lethal team of switching between.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
There's a small amount of lag online. It's not enough to ruin the game, but it does run just a tad bit slower. It takes a good 10 or more matches just to get use to that. Towards the final matches I atleast was getting him down to his last fighter.

I also learned alot of ideas from him on how to use Billy + Yamazaki as a lethal team of switching between.
I was just surprised how easily people were able to corner me and keep me there indefinitely. It's like the lag kept me from having any means of escape. The lag possibly even makes it easier to chain longer combos.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
I was just surprised how easily people were able to corner me and keep me there indefinitely. It's like the lag kept me from having any means of escape.

That's exactly what that guy was trying to do. If he couldn't get me into a corner, he'd use Billy and just play the poke / defensive game, then switch once he could get me into the corner.

RHALX

n00b
Hello, I need some help, and since I can't crate any topic, I'm gonna ask it here...

I bought recently kof2k3 on mvs, and played it finally today. But even with japanese settings on "console" mode it seems that the game is censored, for exemple mai's breasts don't move... is this normal?

Something else, there's a serious issue with the moves... I have no problem executing any move on 2k1, but I can't do any fury like kim or king ones with multi directions... are the moves much more harder to execute than on the other kofs?

Never even been able to launch kim's fury, which is usually very easy...

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
yea I got the kit, actually played it through and I can say I appreciate the game now. I used to think it was trash. Still like 2k2 better though. :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I bough the kit, alright game.
Doesn't come close to '98 though, KOFXI looks heaps better aswell.

RHALX

n00b
Does anyone has the same problem with super special moves or am I the only one?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Well I can do most things...maybe it just wasn't your day?

RHALX

n00b
I don't know, did the maniability change? I'm using neo geo cd pads.
Again, with any other kof I can execute all moves easily. With this kof 2k3 when you have to do one quarter back, and then half circle forward (or the contrary) to execute a super move, nothing comes.

I succeed maybe 1 out of 100 times... So does this kof has a different maniabilty than the other ones, or my cartridge has a problem of some kind? Or are there known issues with the neo geo cd pads?

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Maybe you do it too fast? Have you tried different timings?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
CD pads are crap, combined with 03's unresponsive engine. Way to go, playmore!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
If you're trying to chain a super at the end of a combo, remember 03's buffer time is little to none. Gotta wait till right at your last hit to input the super.

I've been using an Xbox pad to play and it's killing me.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
Abasuto said:
If you're trying to chain a super at the end of a combo, remember 03's buffer time is little to none. Gotta wait till right at your last hit to input the super.

I've been using an Xbox pad to play and it's killing me.

x-box pads suck period