[It's back!] "I can't edit my post!" -- UPDATE: see post 109

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Remove that stupid 5 minute edit limitation

This cripples this site for me completely. Or just let people delete posts outside of selling forums..

I like being able to come back and edit things, or add more to a post. Here's a perfect example of why this needs to go.

I'm making a thread, wrote everything, submitted it accidentally. Then I edited it immediately saying 'a URL will be added'. Well I come back to do that, and it won't let me, so that thread is gonna be edited saying some stupid one liner, and just rot till a mod removes it...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I'd like to be able to add sales items into the original posts. This is going to lead to is people making new posts for every new item they want to sell. Adding new sales items like 10 posts down sucks, as most people will just look at the first post and leave. Or at least just be able to add to the original post without being able to delete things??

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i make a lot of drunk posts...i f'ing need edit.

I also need more white letters on white backgrounds... that's friggin brilliant..

aria

Former Moderator
If someone wants to develop the updated post-history add-on that will be compatible with vBulletin Version 4.1.3 or similar we will not only institute it, but I will name a sub-forum after them.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
If someone wants to develop the updated post-history add-on that will be compatible with vBulletin Version 4.1.3 or similar we will not only institute it, but I will name a sub-forum after them.

GLADLY. Do you still have the old add-on?

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Dumb question, do you have Post Edit History turned on in the vboptions? It's under Message Posting and Editing Options and is a default for 4.1.3. :snack:

You also need a postedithistory table in the db

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This is balls, I can't even edit a thread title.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
To be fair, he's actually only buying, not actually selling anything.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
its dickish you ruined the ability to add more. Get ready for people posting 2-3 times in a row when they wanna add more later.

Why not relegate this choice to sales based forums?

Theres no damn reason I can't edit a post hours later with more stuff. I hate this change so much.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

What I dont get is why you upgraded this shit anyways? The site was perfect before, why do we need this new upgrade, it was the worst thing ever done here in this sites decade plus history. The worst.

Things were perfect before this nonsense upgrade.
Why even upgrade when all people do is bitch about everything. If the options to do specific things exist in older versions, why have this new one, where you gotta wait ages for hacks to specify feature mods.

Its just pointless.

I think i'm just gonna double post everything now.

ng.com needs to downgrade back to what it was before it changed. The layout is so nasty.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
its dickish you ruined the ability to add more. Get ready for people posting 2-3 times in a row when they wanna add more later.

Why not relegate this choice to sales based forums?

Theres no damn reason I can't edit a post hours later with more stuff. I hate this change so much.

Yes there is. You're not the only person editing posts. A lot of people are. Let's just make this like real life - you can't unsay what is said. 1 C slash with counter damage can kill you. Everyone who shows their penis here will leave in shame.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Oh stop the extremist crap and just change it back. It'd take two damn minutes to make this site work like its supposed to. We got this far and are fine with it. Editing is not gonna harm anything. The mere fact people can't edit their stuff and add new games for sale hurts the action a ton alone. I don't wanna be making dumb ass threads twice and more.

This feature change is total trash and you know it.

Also, nothing on here is like real life. That argument doesn't fly. The point of using this is to have fun, with your mentality, its like a dmv line with taking a number. Be on the level and just change it back. It benefits nobody and stinks of bush administration paranoia.

Its just change for the sake of change. Who are you protecting, a potential potential? C'mon. We can't shit all over the entire experience because a few people are idiots.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
What I dont get is why you upgraded this shit anyways? The site was perfect before, why do we need this new upgrade, it was the worst thing ever done here in this sites decade plus history. The worst.

Things were perfect before this nonsense upgrade.
Why even upgrade when all people do is bitch about everything. If the options to do specific things exist in older versions, why have this new one, where you gotta wait ages for hacks to specify feature mods.

Its just pointless.

I think i'm just gonna double post everything now.

ng.com needs to downgrade back to what it was before it changed. The layout is so nasty.

That aint ever going to happen, there are some great things that have come out the upgrade... probably support from vBulletin for one.

There are some shit things still going on, but I am sure the guys are trying to work though them. Until the issues with the backend are fixed we are going to have to live with it. Hopefully though, the mods are going to tollerate multiple sales threads a littel more.

I still do think that the visibility of the TrollBox has affected the volume of posting though... but that is another issue.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I did think I could amend my sales thread title though... how exactly am I supposed to do this...?

There is no Edit button?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hey, lets make it like real life. Nobody will be allowed to use cool unique avatars, or live out the fantasy that represents online.

Wanna be balls out? Lets get rid of post count and join date, and see all the flailing ego's take a kick to the balls. Post count is the dumbest invention in the history of the internet. It literally exists PURELY for ego. It has no genuine attributes at all.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I can put up with every change, even the ones I totally hate. The editing one totally cripples how I post, and I make a ton of mistakes, or want to add more, and because of that, I can't. I gotta make a entirely new thread, which means more bandwidth, and all the previous replies are gone, so nobody knows where the current stance is at.

Editing limitations are the worst change ever. I always thought this site was sick because we didn't have that kind of disrespect for the member base.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
You should really try to relax before you kill someone. It's not like it takes effort to proof read anything you say. Yeah, it sucks and I posted how to fix it so if Boback decides to he can, but until then deal.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Post editing 5 minute limitation is trash.
Just fix it. Its clearly gonna do more bad then good, and everyone is to passive aggressive to call it the garbage it is.

You didn't read anything I wrote. Initial posting is whatever, but I like to add more things. What if you are selling games and wanna add more. This whole thing is bad change for no real reason. Who's being protected? Nah I can't just chill here, I gotta proof read every damn thing. I could see if this was college, but c'mon.

Its just a bad change, there's no disputing its a bad change, because it does more harm then good mathematically.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
BTW, doing this change for people to not change sales prices or whatever is POINTLESS. As soon as you pm them, they are gonna give a different price anyways. So you're screwed. All this is gonna do is look legit on the front, and in PM, all the same bs will apply. So people do this stuff in selling, it has to punish everyone? If anything, it will be even more shadey then before, because these people will not have open reputations for doing this nonsense.

Why not just add some new rules to the rules section. Copy the existing thread, delete the original and post a new one, dated to today. Or just delete the offending threads and PM the sellers. Also, the original rule of needing etc. number of posts before selling items was never followed. There was also no proper punishment for that practice, or removal of the rule. I've bought games off people who do this under 100 posts, never once have been scammed, as I reduce my risk to the bare minimum by only dealing with legit figures. If someone goes sour, I at least tried my best to prevent it, and just need to write it off variance. Not worth the stress. You cannot prevent scammers. So harming some of the user base who aren't scamming because of it isn't right.

Punish the idiocy with proper warnings or messaging. You got like 20+k posts collectively, and are constantly posting. Why not just do that to? I think this site needs more mods or something. There's so much room for positive change, and things like this really strike me as the easy way out of the situation. I mean, it can't be that bad. I like the mod work here and I'll compliment it. I'm not a true pessimist. Yet, this change actually effects the entire outcome of threads..

This over time will annoy many people. People behind it are in a small minority, and mostly are the types who post one liners. Giant diatribe type posters like taiso me and x person will probably get hurt the most, because we're always finding new stuff to add, or mistakes to correct.

It just takes the whole fun out of using ng if I'm gonna have to be overly careful of how I explain things. One of the reasons I liked posting here is how kickback it is. If I gotta be hyper aware of all these small things or have to quick edit things in a stressful manner, it does harm the experience.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
BTW, doing this change for people to not change sales prices or whatever is POINTLESS. As soon as you pm them, they are gonna give a different price anyways. So you're screwed. All this is gonna do is look legit on the front, and in PM, all the same bs will apply. So people do this stuff in selling, it has to punish everyone? If anything, it will be even more shadey then before, because these people will not have open reputations for doing this nonsense.

Why not just add some new rules to the rules section. Copy the existing thread, delete the original and post a new one, dated to today. Or just delete the offending threads and PM the sellers. Also, the original rule of needing etc. number of posts before selling items was never followed. There was also no proper punishment for that practice, or removal of the rule. I've bought games off people who do this under 100 posts, never once have been scammed, as I reduce my risk to the bare minimum by only dealing with legit figures. If someone goes sour, I at least tried my best to prevent it, and just need to write it off variance. Not worth the stress. You cannot prevent scammers. So harming some of the user base who aren't scamming because of it isn't right.

Punish the idiocy with proper warnings or messaging. You got like 20+k posts collectively, and are constantly posting. Why not just do that to? I think this site needs more mods or something. There's so much room for positive change, and things like this really strike me as the easy way out of the situation. I mean, it can't be that bad. I like the mod work here and I'll compliment it. I'm not a true pessimist. Yet, this change actually effects the entire outcome of threads..

This over time will annoy many people. People behind it are in a small minority, and mostly are the types who post one liners. Giant diatribe type posters like taiso me and x person will probably get hurt the most, because we're always finding new stuff to add, or mistakes to correct.

It just takes the whole fun out of using ng if I'm gonna have to be overly careful of how I explain things. One of the reasons I liked posting here is how kickback it is. If I gotta be hyper aware of all these small things or have to quick edit things in a stressful manner, it does harm the experience.

Ignorant. If you can't address the actual problem we are preventing then you should pipe down and refurb your cabs or something.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
It has nothing to do with ignorance. You're the one who's ignorant for implenting a unnecessarily extreme measure over nonsense.

Sales threads don't count towards postcounts.

If you are selling an item and have a thread, there is no problem in posting in that thread to update prices. There is no benefit to being able to edit the posts unless you are a scammer. Hence, there is no negotiation here. You can either deal with the lack of editing, or fuck off.

People have to stop whining about trivial shit.

You're looking down on people to much with that quote. Also, the benefit is CONVEINANCE. There is a clear benefit, thats why there replies on the first page about that exact issue.
The benefit is not having a mess go down with the thread. You now have to check the end of every selling thread as opposed to checking the top post which is frequently edited and pm'ing the seller. More annoying, this makes sellers, who are lazy as shit a lot of the time with posting have to post a lot more. This feature also makes people give up a lot easier, so a seller will sell stuff, and a buyer like me will be excited that x game is for sale, I pm the seller and its been gone.

Scammers have won over all, because our experience has to change because of them. Rather then just do whats right and leave everything alone, and punish those assholes.

You're only thinking about one section of the member base, because you're into faster replies, people like merc, me taiso and etc. with grandfather syndrome get a raw deal with this.

now its like, 'oh deal with it or fuck off'

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It has nothing to do with ignorance. You're the one who's ignorant for implenting a unnecessarily extreme measure over nonsense.

You're looking down on people to much with that quote. Also, the benefit is CONVEINANCE. There is a clear benefit, thats why there replies on the first page about that exact issue.
The benefit is not having a mess go down with the thread. You now have to check the end of every selling thread as opposed to checking the top post which is frequently edited and pm'ing the seller. More annoying, this makes sellers, who are lazy as shit a lot of the time with posting have to post a lot more. This feature also makes people give up a lot easier, so a seller will sell stuff, and a buyer like me will be excited that x game is for sale, I pm the seller and its been gone.

Scammers have won over all, because our experience has to change because of them. Rather then just do whats right and leave everything alone, and punish those assholes.

You're only thinking about one section of the member base, because you're into faster replies, people like merc, me taiso and etc. with grandfather syndrome get a raw deal with this.

now its like, 'oh deal with it or fuck off'

Don't be a drama queen, kouklos. Do you need to edit your posts a lot? Are you Dash K all the sudden?

I look down on no one here. I simply tell people what I really think. a rare quality people're not used to in real life.