It can be dangerous to be black and a legal gun owner in America

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
What are you talking about specifically?

No, the cop at Parkland and the cops at Uvalde should be fired and perhaps even ineligible to work in law enforcement in the future.

But they can't be held liable for their failure or inaction. Winnebago and another case from SCOTUS can't remember.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
But they can't be held liable for their failure or inaction. Winnebago and another case from SCOTUS can't remember.

I’m not stating they should be sent to jail or face civil penalties. Nor should they.

They should be fired for doing a shitty job. Sometimes you fuck up and sometimes you really fuck up. When you really fuck up you gotta go.

Given their is no uniform licensing to become a law enforcement officer the states would have to create their own with their own guidelines for censure and license removal. I don’t have faith the states would be capable of doing that.

Reactions: wyo

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Should that cop be sent to prison for not running into the school while someone shot the place up? Seems bizarre to me.
110%, you fucking go in Diehard, to be honest I'm surprised a movie hasn't been made die hard like cop goes into a school shooting and fucking kills the scumbag. You could call it Study Hard.

lithy

20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fact that charges were even brought in this case is as abhorrent as the Daniel Penny case. At least they got dropped, but they had the video from day one and still charged.

Seems like reasonable self defense until the article mentions the attacker fled, the son followed, and then he shot him several more times. It’s the following part that warrants an investigation.

I’d have to watch the video, but I’m not going to, because who the fuck wants to watch someone get shot?

But sounds like the DA agrees it was self defense so I assume all the shooting happened fast enough that the attacker could still have been perceived as a threat.

What did Penny do? Is he the guy who choked the dude on the train?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fact that charges were even brought in this case is as abhorrent as the Daniel Penny case. At least they got dropped, but they had the video from day one and still charged.

Is there video in the Penny case? That appears like it could be manslaughter based on what I’ve read. It sounds like Penny used an appropriate level of force to respond but then accidentally killed the dude because he put him in a chokehold.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The sentences they're handing down to the capital rioters seem kind of insane to me. Some mexican guy just got 22 years. Maybe I don't understand how bad trolling the government actually is.

lithy

20 Year Member
They're political prisoners. The sentence is for what they represent, not what they did.

Reactions: wyo

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fuck those guys.

I’m thrilled they are getting double digit sentences. They fucked around, and found out.

6 people are dead post January 6th, that would not have died when they did-if these dummies had just stayed the hell home.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What did the guy who got 22 years do? That’s serious felony level shit. Dudes sometime get off on murders in 25.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What did the guy who got 22 years do? That’s serious felony level shit. Dudes sometime get off on murders in 25.
He was the leader of the Proud Boys. He wasn't at the riot because he was already arrested for vandalizing a black lives matter banner at a church days earlier, but he was the guy giving orders

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Fuck those guys.

I’m thrilled they are getting double digit sentences. They fucked around, and found out.

6 people are dead post January 6th, that would not have died when they did-if these dummies had just stayed the hell home.
there are many incidents that would've prevented loss of life if people had just stayed home. it seems it becomes a matter of what side of the aisle people are presumed to be on that determines sympathy vs. ire.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Good luck getting a fair trial in DC where >90% of the jury pool vote Democrat.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Good luck getting a fair trial in DC where >90% of the jury pool vote Democrat.
The Proud Boys' mission statement is physical violence in pursuit of political change. You literally get promoted in the organization for committing physical violence "for the cause". They're not your everyday MAGA chuds. You could try them almost anywhere and people would hate them, like Neo-Nazis or Klansmen.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
there are many incidents that would've prevented loss of life if people had just stayed home. it seems it becomes a matter of what side of the aisle people are presumed to be on that determines sympathy vs. ire.

The cops that died should’ve stayed home?

They were working their scheduled shifts. C’mon, man.

I am not sympathetic to the rable rousers.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ashli Babbitt was shot and killed by a capitol police. Three other Trump supporters died of natural causes.

Brian Sicknick, a capitol police officer, died of a stroke the next day. 4 other officers subsequently committed suicide. Blaming their deaths on Jan 6 is a stretch.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Sedition and terrorism
Helped plot to overthrow our democracy.

Ashli Babbitt was shot and killed by a capitol police. Three other Trump supporters died of natural causes.

Brian Sicknick, a capitol police officer, died of a stroke the next day. 4 other officers subsequently committed suicide. Blaming their deaths on Jan 6 is a stretch.

donttreadonme.jpg