Is there only room for the elitists?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
eh, I thought I saw this dude around more often, I guess I must be confusing him with that guy that slaloms.

when I looked I found your last nonmarket post to be from years ago

seems like a well proper contribution at least though...after that you didn't feel like you had any more to share somehow?:keke:

BUSTED BY KAROU!

Do you slalom? In that pic that you posted of yourself the other day you were skiing, right?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
eh, I thought I saw this dude around more often, I guess I must be confusing him with that guy that slaloms.

when I looked I found your last nonmarket post to be from years ago

seems like a well proper contribution at least though...after that you didn't feel like you had any more to share somehow?:keke:
lmao

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
If you converse with people a bit more often i'm sure your market ban will get lifted.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You were banned because not once, but twice, you've tried selling items here in the market for MORE than you ask on ebay and both times you were called out your initial response was to tell people to "get a life" this time, and to tell "Jr." (LV) to mind his own business.

Here was the first time you were on the radar, remember buying Battletoads for $127 on ebay? Then trying to sell here for $300 ONE WEEK LATER? When questioned about the price - you linked an auction from 3 months ago - rather than the auction from a week ago, which was the actual board you were selling. We know your butthurt, but it isn't from a market ban.

Battletoads thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?247361-NeO-gEo-MVS-lot-NOS-Kits-Battletoads-Jamma

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The funniest thing is that somebody actually bought 24 copies of JGP and expected to have buyers. Maybe DavidG could take 'em off your hands?

The truth is... I am a scammer... A low down cheat!

My goal is to make large profits selling retro arcade gear so I can retire to the Caribbean on neo geo members coin. Every game I sold on this forum was rubbed all over my slimy lil nutt bag. Why you ask? Because that's what makes me hot!

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
The truth is... I am a scammer... A low down cheat!

My goal is to make large profits selling retro arcade gear so I can retire to the Caribbean on neo geo members coin. Every game I sold on this forum was rubbed all over my slimy lil nutt bag. Why you ask? Because that's what makes me hot!

well.gif

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
You were banned because not once, but twice, you've tried selling items here in the market for MORE than you ask on ebay and both times you were called out your initial response was to tell people to "get a life" this time, and to tell "Jr." (LV) to mind his own business.

Here was the first time you were on the radar, remember buying Battletoads for $127 on ebay? Then trying to sell here for $300 ONE WEEK LATER? When questioned about the price - you linked an auction from 3 months ago - rather than the auction from a week ago, which was the actual board you were selling. We know your butthurt, but it isn't from a market ban.

Battletoads thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?247361-NeO-gEo-MVS-lot-NOS-Kits-Battletoads-Jamma

The mods can tell where you spend your time on the site. So if you constantly show up, check the marketplace, and leave then it's going to be a problem. That and your post count to feedback ratio is pretty low. 91 feedback is really high for someone with less than 400 posts.

If you don't have time to participate in the community, then you don't get to pillage our marketplace.

You got banned because most of your posts and time has been spent in the marketplace rather than contributing to the rest of the forum.

I restricted your market access for the reasons stated above.

The reason you have been market banned is because you don't know why you have been market banned.

Can't say it better than that.

First off... I can't see the link to the battletoads sale thread because of my forum punishment, but from what I remember... Is that I bought the game from eBay for $127. Then after playing it through a couple times I decided to get rid of it because I had my fun and I saw that it was going for quite a bit of money. It had sold for well over $300 on a few completed listings so I figured it would be reasonable to sell it for $300 here. I caught some guff, so I put it on eBay and sold it for a significant amount more then what I had asked for it here.

The jockey Grand Prix games I paid $35 bucks for I believe. So... If someone bought all of them at my lot price I wouldn't even recoup my initial investment. I can't see that thread either so I'm not sure what I was even asking for them on here, but I had been selling about 1 or 2 a month at $75 on eBay. I know I wasn't asking anything close to that here.

Regardless, by kicking people out of the market all you're doing is making less opportunity for members to pick games. No doubt... If there are less members allowed in the market place there will be less items available for purchase creating a more stale market place.

Tacitus

Staff member
First off... I can't see the link to the battletoads sale thread because of my forum punishment, but from what I remember... Is that I bought the game from eBay for $127. Then after playing it through a couple times I decided to get rid of it because I had my fun and I saw that it was going for quite a bit of money. It had sold for well over $300 on a few completed listings so I figured it would be reasonable to sell it for $300 here. I caught some guff, so I put it on eBay and sold it for a significant amount more then what I had asked for it here.

Your point?

The jockey Grand Prix games I paid $35 bucks for I believe. So... If someone bought all of them at my lot price I wouldn't even recoup my initial investment. I can't see that thread either so I'm not sure what I was even asking for them on here, but I had been selling about 1 or 2 a month at $75 on eBay. I know I wasn't asking anything close to that here.

...but you have no problem taking advantage of the market when it favors you...

The fact you were asking MORE here than ebay is a testament to your ethics.

Regardless, by kicking people out of the market all you're doing is making less opportunity for members to pick games. No doubt... If there are less members allowed in the market place there will be less items available for purchase creating a more stale market place.

I'd rather have a 'stale' market than one where people like yourself thrive.

Fact is, it won't be 'stale' because of the fact we have a ton of traffic. Folks like you will come and go and the forum deals and friendly market we maintain will remain. Sellers follow the money. The money is here. they will adapt or go elsewhere.

Your games were on ebay, as are many others. Your point about there being less items is completely baseless, which you were kind enough to point out for us. You're just pissed because you have to fork 10% over to eBay instead of maximizing your profits here.

Hit the fucking bricks if you don't like it.

Tacitus

Staff member

What is reasonable is selling it for a little profit but not fucking over the members here just because you saw an opportunity to profiteer, openly at that.

Mr. Vanillathunder thank you for responding. It is appreciated. I have read the rules. I feel that if and when I have something to contribute I will. I fell off the neo-geo scene for a while as I began to occupy myself with other interests, but now I am back. Like I said before, I'm just a fan of neogeo and retro gaming as a whole. Hopefully in the future you will see that I care about the community and have a tremendous love for the games.

Tacitus

Staff member
Mr. Vanillathunder thank you for responding. It is appreciated. I have read the rules. I feel that if and when I have something to contribute I will. I fell off the neo-geo scene for a while as I began to occupy myself with other interests, but now I am back. Like I said before, I'm just a fan of neogeo and retro gaming as a whole. Hopefully in the future you will see that I care about the community and have a tremendous love for the games.

We're reasonable.

Do that and we have no issues. If you take advantage of a good market with great deals, pass a good deal on. Don't double your price just because you have a chance to.

That shit kills the market and forum, not forcibly removing those with strictly monetary motivations.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Excuses.

You posted the Battletoads board 10 days after you won it. Best case scenario you got the board 4-5 days later - so had i less then a week.

When asked to justify the price YOU linked to a 3-month old auction. Why not link to the actual auction the board was just listed for and sold for $127 to you? You were purposely deceptive. Purposely. When called out you were a prick.

You can't recall what you listed the JGP's for? Get off it. It was $800 here, $700 on ebay for the lot; or $60 apiece. You just said you paid $35 and were selling them here for $60...AND you say you would be losing money. Put the stupid stick down for an hour and walk away from the keyboard.

Regardless, I offered it to the community first and for less then I sold it on eBay which I feel is a decent thing to do.

I made the eBay listing as there was no interest here. In a few hours of making the eBay listing I lowered my prices here as well.

Tacitus

Staff member
Regardless, I offered it to the community first and for less then I sold it on eBay which I feel is a decent thing to do.

The decent thing to do isn't 58% markup in 10 days.

It was deceptive and unethical.

Tacitus

Staff member

So what about asking for MORE here than ebay on your JGP carts? What is your excuse for that?