Is there only room for the elitists?

I just noticed that I was banned from the "Market" which is a real bummer to me. I guess a mod felt that I was less then a quality member for whatever reason... and that's just the thing. There was no reason given. No PM... nothing. I am truly butthurt. I have been a member for a long time. I've traded, I've bought, I've sold, I've conversed. I have completed tons of transactions from dozens reputable members while maintaing 100% rating. I love Neo-Geo. My favorite game is Art of Fighting. I can beat it with one credit on my big red 4 slot cab, which I had driven hundreds of miles to get and spent much coin and many hours to restore. I feel bullied, I feel targeted. May I please have an explanation of why my privileges were taken away? Ive read the market rules and I have abided.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
If you carry the Hot N Ready banner, there might be some hope.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You got banned because most of your posts and time has been spent in the marketplace rather than contributing to the rest of the forum.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
When the sweep was done, there were plenty of threads about it so no one was pm'd or notified, it's not personal.

Last edited:
I'm just a fanboy... not a threat to the market or community. In the recent past I had to sell off my collection do to unfortunate events, which I am sure happens quite often. Now, I would like to rebuild a collection once again. I love the Neo-geo. I currently only have 10 or so of the basic common titles on the MVS, so yeah... I guess I do spend a lot of time in the market looking for past loves. It's all good...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The mods can tell where you spend your time on the site. So if you constantly show up, check the marketplace, and leave then it's going to be a problem. That and your post count to feedback ratio is pretty low. 91 feedback is really high for someone with less than 400 posts.

It's so easy to just click "What's New?" whenever you come here. Then you will see whatever got posted in the marketplace since your last visit AND you can see what conversations are going on outside the marketplace. If you click "What's New" every time you come here, it's pretty hard NOT to get sucked into the community.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
You got banned because most of your posts and time has been spent in the marketplace rather than contributing to the rest of the forum.

Some people would rather play games than talk about them on the forum. I fail to see why that's such a bad thing?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Some people would rather play games than talk about them on the forum. I fail to see why that's such a bad thing?

If you don't have time to participate in the community, then you don't get to pillage our marketplace. I fail to see why that's such a bad thing?

Also, what Broken said.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If you don't have time to participate in the community, then you don't get to pillage our marketplace. I fail to see why that's such a bad thing?

Also, what Broken said.
+1 Well put Jabbs..

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

Also, what Broken said.

Chiming in as well to agree to this as well. I guess not everyone gets their posts up anymore to chat it up with the regs. Such is the times :p

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

Also, what Broken said.

Pretty much this.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Jibba, you're being surprisingly diplomatic in this thread. Moar venom and bile pls.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I feel targeted

tumblr_n7jkhtieMD1s0v6iho1_500.gif

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
This thread feels gay and unnecessary. The reason why your market access was removed was posted on the top of the forums for awhile, at least I am pretty sure VT posted it at the top.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The reason you have been market banned is because you don't know why you have been market banned.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
The reason you have been market banned is because you don't know why you have been market banned.

Jibbfucius say: If you have to ask, you have your answer.

confucius.jpg

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
eh, I thought I saw this dude around more often, I guess I must be confusing him with that guy that slaloms.

when I looked I found your last nonmarket post to be from years ago
I also once had a girl refer to my dick as a baby carrot.
seems like a well proper contribution at least though...after that you didn't feel like you had any more to share somehow?:keke: