Is the AtomisWave the spiritual successor to the NeoGeo? PICS ADDED!

Is the AtomisWave the spiritual successor to the NeoGeo?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • No!

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yes, I am eternally guilt ridden about putting a thread where it belongs and having it fizzle out after rigorous posting and no follow through.

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

jerkit.gif

What's to feel bad about: SG hasn't posted here in it in a long time.

Shows you how interested he is in his "tropic"-- er trade.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
he was pretty mad about this thread being moved to Arcade... even though it has little to nothing to do with any Neo Geo hardware..

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Yup, the fact is this thread belongs here, but not much people take a look "here" everyday.

This subforum is the last bastion of hope for interesting, fresh arcade/neo discussion on this site. It also has a pretty good core group of members hanging out in it.

It gets more traffic than you would think.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
even though it has absolutely, positively nothing to do with any Neo Geo hardware..

Fixed.

(I left it in "News" for far longer than it should've been, but I doubt that will be respected or noted.)

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I'm still waiting for The Reveal 2: Electric Bukake Goo.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I'm still waiting for The Reveal 2: Electric Bukake Goo.

I'm still waiting for people to learn that dick waving is meant for the appropriate threads and not for their own threads. See: I just received, My Collection, etc.

SSS

neo retired
Should lock SG's account to this forum until he follows through

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Looks pretty cool Billy, thanks for sharing. :) Looks like a reverse version of Crazy Taxi, getting more time for crashing into stuff.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Neat looking game you found there. Not sure you're gonna get what you want, but people enjoy their Crazy Taxi and it always sells for a pricey price so who knows what'll happen with this Crazy Taxi-like game :)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
looks great, I hope you'll find what you want... Nah, what I'm really thinking is I hope someday more protos will be publicly available (paying for it or not) and won't be lost forever when the owner pass away.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
So Chase 1929 listed on the System16 site is actually this Chicago 1929. I guess Chase 1929 is applicable since this is just ChaseHQ set in the Prohibition Era

The game looks pretty cool i suppose but i don't know it seems like a stretch. Well at least the info is out there so anyone can contact you.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Cool-looking game, actually! Actually looks more promising than a lot of the incomplete AW stuff.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Had these flyers for the game (got them from a Sammy sales/promotion folder full of AW flyers), figured I'd post them up here. Guess the game was pretty close to production. Too bad it was never released.

http://flic.kr/p/e85RPy
http://flic.kr/p/e7ZbW8

When its a prototype what does that mean though? Is it completed to an extent? like mmsadda said this actually looks pretty complete for a prototype.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
From the look of things it seems like this may be a prototype in the same way that Ghostlop is a prototype; it may be a finished game that wasn't released for financial reasons (like a tax write-off, or something of the sort.)

It doesn't look super polished, but probably more polished than Dirty Pigskin Football, which surprises me a bit. Only thing that seems like it *may* be missing is a character's voice on the car selection screen. Seems there's a brief pause, where I would guess the character is supposed to say something (a la Crazy Taxi)