Is driving a right or a privilege?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
That's only true in cities. Not necessarily if you live in the woods in the middle of nowhere.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I only need to drive into the office once or twice a month and I really fucking hate sitting in traffic at rush hour. A 40 minute journey takes 1 hour 20 minutes because of the crawl, crawl, crawl on boring motorway roads. And that's when there hasn't been an accident.

One thing I'm glad about is post Covid many employers have stuck with the hybrid model or gone fully remote. I couldn't go back to the daily grind now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Are we to presume also that most people are guilty of a crime until proven innocent?
We don't already?

Most people's lives are royally fucked even if found innocent. They're socially stained.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are we to presume also that most people are guilty of a crime until proven innocent?
Everyone is guilty of something.

Karl-Urban-Dredd.jpg

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The trick is to live walking distance of anywhere you need to be. I live no more than a 30 minute walk from everywhere I go on a regular basis and I can rent a car if I'm going out of town.

It's pretty goddamn nice not having to sit around in traffic every day. I haven't a clue how people who drive everywhere live. I imagine horribly. :keke:
I'm a lifelong pedestrian. Never drove a mile out of my life. Plan my entire schedule around public transportation: work, play, shopping. Not easy sometimes but paying $64 for a monthly pass is cheaper than gas, insurance, repairs, etc.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I'm a lifelong pedestrian. Never drove a mile out of my life. Plan my entire schedule around public transportation: work, play, shopping. Not easy sometimes but paying $64 for a monthly pass is cheaper than gas, insurance, repairs, etc.

Yeah definitely cheaper. Less stressful too. I've noticed after not owning a car the last five years I don't feel like I'm in as much of a rush and just more calm in general. Being behind the wheel while stuck in traffic everyday is nerve-wracking even if we don't realize it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
can you describe what the bus system is like where you live?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
In the US it is a privilege, just like everything else not explicitly called out in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Reactions: wyo

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everything in this life is a goddamn privilege because nothing in life is guaranteed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That said, have scientists ever made predictions as to when gasoline will run out?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
In the US it is a privilege, just like everything else not explicitly called out in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Oof. The Constitution does not grant rights. The danger of enumeration.

That said, have scientists ever made predictions as to when gasoline will run out?

I think the prediction has been "Current year + 10" for the last 50 years.