Ipod Touch / Iphone Games: Official thread

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks like more realistic pinball physics.
Hall of Fame was definitely too light, and Zen is also floaty. It makes the games more playable, but no where near realistic.

I can play Funhouse infinitely on Williams Hall of Fame. I play the real table frequently, and it still pwns my ass on occasion.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Bought Darius Burst yesterday. A bit pricey but a quality horizontal shmup. Graphics are awesome and so is the gameplay.

bokmeow

Corpse Party got a iOS release, and it's $24.99. Likely due to the PSP also having the title, they didn't want it to cannibalize sales.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm a little behind on my pinball news (Been off the internet and busy). Downloaded Pinball Arcade and played theatre of Magic and am very impressed, as expected.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I would still rather play on a console or controller. I have too much delay with the ipad and iphone. With a controller your finger is resting on the button and just have to press down. With these screens you have to lift your finger up and then place it back down. For whatever reason, i'm slow at that.

The tables are excellent despite this.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I'm getting an iPhone this week, has anybody tried Blissful Death (Cave), that will most likely be my first download..

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I don't have Blissful Death yet, but I have all the rest. Great games!

Now we just need to get Cave to support iCade. My modded sanwa iCade is screaming for some Cave love.

bokmeow

Watched a few YouTube videos of Azarashi, the new game from Cave Story [Doukutsu Monogatari] creator Daisuke Amaya, and decided that it's hard to go wrong with $0.99. It's a lot of fun, very simple gameplay, addictive high of beating one's own high score and collecting newer keychains.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I would still rather play on a console or controller. I have too much delay with the ipad and iphone. With a controller your finger is resting on the button and just have to press down. With these screens you have to lift your finger up and then place it back down. For whatever reason, i'm slow at that.

The tables are excellent despite this.

Agreed with you on all counts sir. I buy iPod touch games for convenience and usually only play them when I'm on the bus or to kill time in doctor's office waiting rooms.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DeathSmiles eats its lunch.

For a fiver, tho yeah; it's aight.

I hear ya, however I feel the game is very good, same with Bug Princess. I love them but after playing ESPII, DS, and DFK, is hard to accept anything simpler if it wasn't for the fact that guys like us have played these games before and we can't get enough of them.

My advice lions3, is to get them all if you really like Cave shooters. Also the beauty of these ports believe or not is the touch control. You're gonna weave bullets like you never weaved before, I'm 1CCing games on this that I haven't been able on PCB or ports for that matter. :(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Blissful Death is a DOJ port, & quite good. The reason I said DS, "eats DOJ:BS's lunch" is iPhone mode.

If they add an iPhone mode for Blissful Death, it will equal & possibly surpass DS in my view.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just get any of Cave's games. You can't go wrong. I gotta load up Deathsmiles on the iPad now. I hope they'll make their games one download for both platforms then having to buy a "Smart Phone" version and an HD version for tablets. I was fine using my iPod Touch for them but after playing Mushihimesama on the iPad it's hard to go back.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am really digging Cavern of Minos by llama soft on iPhone. He also previewed an iOS version of Gridrunner...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd like to install Fast Striker for the iPhone, It's not listed in the app store and

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fast-striker/id426804067?mt=8

is broken (not available in your country)

has anyone played fast striker on their iphone?

I have it and I'm still not sure how much I like it, so far the experience playing it hasn't been that great. The game plays ok but it feels dull and uninteresting, I might be jumping to conclusions too soon 'cause I haven' spent much time with it, but like I said before, after playing Cave iPhone games, everything else just doesn't seem to be on the same level. I'm no Cave whore by any means but the iPhone ports are just great and what makes it great above all is the ease of control. Fast Striker doesn't have that, you don't shoot, you don't manipulate the beam at will you have to pick up stuff to activate your abilities. JUst the lack of control over the whole experience makes me not want to play the game, so it might be great for others but for me, it's not doing any good. I don't even wanna try the console ports or Neo ports 'cause it might just be a waste of money.

The only other iphone shooter I played that wasn't Cave and felt great was Super Lazer. Lighting Fighter is also made by the same team and both games are very similar.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

For you hip kids that like laserdisc games, here's a rare treat. This is a game called The Act. It's a hand drawn animated game where you control this guy named Edgar through a bunch of crazy situations.

The game only had a few units made for testing and naturally, it didn't do well. One unit was put into a bowling ally and was played less then 10 times. My friend Adam from Arcade Heroes owns one of the test units and when it works he has it out at his Game Grid Arcade in Utah. The app doesn't have a price but according to Touch Arcade it will be released in the summer. Really looking forward to checking it out.

bokmeow

For you hip kids that like laserdisc games, here's a rare treat. This is a game called The Act. It's a hand drawn animated game where you control this guy named Edgar through a bunch of crazy situations.

The game only had a few units made for testing and naturally, it didn't do well. One unit was put into a bowling ally and was played less then 10 times. My friend Adam from Arcade Heroes owns one of the test units and when it works he has it out at his Game Grid Arcade in Utah. The app doesn't have a price but according to Touch Arcade it will be released in the summer. Really looking forward to checking it out.

Wow, I checked out a few more YouTube videos of this game in action, it's got a weird-ass knob controller. The hand-drawn animation is awesome though, definitely interested in picking this up when it hits the App Store.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They made it auto fire only plus that you can't fire backwards in the iPhone version of Fast Striker.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, I checked out a few more YouTube videos of this game in action, it's got a weird-ass knob controller. The hand-drawn animation is awesome though, definitely interested in picking this up when it hits the App Store.

http://kotaku.com/5891692/move-carefully-or-get-caught-in-the-act

Looks like you slide your finger across the screen now instead of using the giant dial knob. I'm really glad their giving it a chance and didn't let it die after the arcade test run failed. Here's the video of Adam from Arcade Heroes showing off his Act in action. As he said, they pretty much dismantled the test units and sold kits off on eBay so he slapped it together in a Beach Head game. (I HATE those Tsunami made shooters. Their all the same!)

I can tell it's going to get shit on when it's released. I watched a whole playthrough of the game from California Extreme and it's not even half an hour long. But as long as they keep the price not too high it'll be worth it to play such a unique game.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
DDP Resurrection HD is out now. Sooo close to purchasing this one.