IF ONLY Baseball Stars 2 had a batter's mode

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It would be a keeper for me!
The pitching and playing outfield...wears on you and I can do without it nowadays..
The batting mode ,placing the hits I never get tired of....
BB

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
i think if they would have added a extra relief pitcher/added stamina it would have made for a little more balance(i usually play on easy though so i dont know if that has any effect) Do you usually play on hard because that seems like it would make it a longer game Does this game have a 10 run rule or anything as i havent had it happen A batting mode would have been awsome, i guess like homerun derby's on the new games one of my fav feelings on it is hitting the dead center ones that you have the diff cam angle and the ones you rip so fast down the corners............it makes me feel powerfull i cant remember a new style one giving me the same feeling

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
BBS3

that would def be in my top 3-5 sport sequals League Bowling 2 would have been nice a Turfmasters 2, spinmasters 2 mab hmmm mab even sequal to streep hoop(havent played this in while, i had fun back in the day) i really enjoyed soccer brawl also

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
There was a sequel to Street Hoop. It just wasn't on MVS hardware. Data East released it on their new hardware the next year.

13006502.jpg

Hoops_-96_-_1996_-_Data_East.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I wish baseball stars 2 had a watch mode like in BS professional. I like the art style in 2 better :D

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
i think if they would have added a extra relief pitcher/added stamina it would have made for a little more balance(i usually play on easy though so i dont know if that has any effect) Do you usually play on hard because that seems like it would make it a longer game Does this game have a 10 run rule or anything as i havent had it happen A batting mode would have been awsome, i guess like homerun derby's on the new games one of my fav feelings on it is hitting the dead center ones that you have the diff cam angle and the ones you rip so fast down the corners............it makes me feel powerfull i cant remember a new style one giving me the same feeling

Agreed, the pitcher stamina is way too low and keeps a fantastic baseball game from possibly being the best ever. I have to dodge the CPU's wild throws to try and make a game interesting. Also, I always wished BS2 had visible attribute stats like BS1 did. It helped give that game a bit more character.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
how was the watch mode in it? just like watching the com play itself i remember that in world class baseball for the turbo-grafix 16

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Agreed, the pitcher stamina is way too low and keeps a fantastic baseball game from possibly being the best ever. I have to dodge the CPU's wild throws to try and make a game interesting. Also, I always wished BS2 had visible attribute stats like BS1 did. It helped give that game a bit more character.

I disagree - if stamina was higher then fast/slow pitches would be far too frequent and overused. You have to use all 4 pitchers, choose your high stamina pitches wisely, and for gods sake don't bean the 4th batter! First two pitchers are your starters so they have more stamina, use them first and save the closers for the last 2-3 innings.

My only real complaint is lack of additional teams like BB1, and maybe a different approach to batter powerups. Maybe pitcher powerups would've been cool too?

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
I disagree - if stamina was higher then fast/slow pitches would be far too frequent and overused. You have to use all 4 pitchers, choose your high stamina pitches wisely, and for gods sake don't bean the 4th batter! First two pitchers are your starters so they have more stamina, use them first and save the closers for the last 2-3 innings.

My only real complaint is lack of additional teams like BB1, and maybe a different approach to batter powerups. Maybe pitcher powerups would've been cool too?

Should've specified it's more for the CPU... they run through their pitchers by the 7th inning at best if you're lucky and don't get hit with a pitch.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Should've specified it's more for the CPU... they run through their pitchers by the 7th inning at best if you're lucky and don't get hit with a pitch.

Ah gotcha - yea in that case I agree. I usually only play this in versus mode nowadays. It's by far the best arcade baseball game I've ever played, and honestly it's in my top 5 favorite games of all time. Also, yea visible stats would've been awesome too. Damn shame we never got a 3rd one, but at least we got this one.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
how was the watch mode in it? just like watching the com play itself i remember that in world class baseball for the turbo-grafix 16

yea pretty much, and I enjoy throwing that one on to watch too :) the later versions had the actual japan teams too, and since I'm a big Hanshin fan it's nice :D

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
yea pretty much, and I enjoy throwing that one on to watch too :) the later versions had the actual japan teams too, and since I'm a big Hanshin fan it's nice :D

You see what a tigers ngp sells for now? My god.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
have you actually played BBS2 or are you basing that off of just dislike for sports games

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yes I have, I just don't like it.

What the hell's wrong with you? Nobody cares if you don't like sports games. You're contributing nothing to the conversation, and just crapping up thread after thread.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
What the hell's wrong with you? Nobody cares if you don't like sports games. You're contributing nothing to the conversation, and just crapping up thread after thread.

I'm trying to say baseball stars 3 shouldn't be made.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Does anyone actually have a fav team on bbs2? i usually look for a team that has not just strong starters but a good bench