I won the Focus Attack Japanese Bartop Giveaway!!!!!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That last update...wow. Reads like dude has no idea how to manage a project. I wonder how he came up with his original goal, did he just pick a random number without doing any research?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Dude ran out of money and is basically just dicking around on his computer.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, i started off hype AF!!!! then as the months passed a small piece of me died day by day. lol Its fkn ridiculous to be waiting this long. It was a free prize so i wasnt pressing to hard, but once the new year hit im like, nah this shit isnt gonna cut it. Very sad when you have ppl asking for money and cant even do the job they said they would do.

That last update...wow. Reads like dude has no idea how to manage a project. I wonder how he came up with his original goal, did he just pick a random number without doing any research?
Supposedly its the mold work that that cost too much. He got a quote and once the work was done there was alot more cost than expected. Either way, this is not how you run a business. I just cant believe how hard it is for this dude to be transparant with everything going on. He wonders why ppl are pissed at him. He took their money, made promises to deliver then when shit hit the fan he just kept his mouth shut and left everybody in the dark. Then everything is way behind schedule and he has ppl hounding him , then he drops the bomb that he spent all the fund half way into last year.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Dude ran out of money and is basically just dicking around on his computer.

yeah, hes working on the emulator interface and posting up updates of that shit. Nobody fkn cares about that crap. They want the product that he promised to build not some frkn interface that hes working on for free.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
What a fucken prick.
Hopefully you get what you deserve.

Don't promise something if you can't keep your word.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Sorry to hear AJ, didn't mean to make a sore subject worse or push it public even.

Was hoping you were enjoying it and had some pics to share or something.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Sorry to hear AJ, didn't mean to make a sore subject worse or push it public even.

See what you started? Youre an instigator! :keke:

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Its a proven fact that no one puts their foot in the mouth more than I do.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
OP. Too bad about all that has happened.

From looking at the kickstarter page it didn't look like he raised enough money to get all this going. $30k doesn't get you very far with the scope of work he's attempting.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

From looking at the kickstarter page it didn't look like he raised enough money to get all this going. $30k doesn't get you very far with the scope of work he's attempting.

That's about a weeks worth of hookers and blow!

OP hope you get it. Focus attack shipping charges is outrageous , I doubt you even get 1/4 worth for a replacement prize. Maybe $50 credit and some coupons.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
AJ that sucks to hear it man. It really is too bad that FA affiliated themselves with such a shitty project, but the fact is that they promised a prize that wasn't even built yet. But hey, seeing that PS4 + fight stick setup somebody else won, it would be worth asking for that as a prize instead. Better than nothing, right?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Your good dude, believe me i wouldve posted that badboy if I had received it already.

AJ that sucks to hear it man. It really is too bad that FA affiliated themselves with such a shitty project, but the fact is that they promised a prize that wasn't even built yet. But hey, seeing that PS4 + fight stick setup somebody else won, it would be worth asking for that as a prize instead. Better than nothing, right?
Yeah, FA put it a good chunk of change and i was actually supposed to receive the prototype unit before that particular model went into full production. He couldnt even get the prototype out with the money and time he had. If all else fails im sure ill get a ps4 combination of some sort. Was just really looking forward to the barcade.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I came in here hoping for pics/ videos and found nothing but a river of tears and sadness. Fucking piece of shit. I hope you get it, I was excited for you and slightly jealous. Now I'm just pissed.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah man, everyone was excited to see it especially me. Funny thing, i told FA that if they couldnt get me the barcade I wouldnt be made if he used his resources and got me a real candy cab, doesnt even need to be loaded with a game lol

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Very fucking cool man. What a prize! I'm not a bartop guy (need the room for beer), but this one is pretty slick. Definitely an excellent prize - excellent collector's item as well.

Congrats!

gusmoney

10 Year Member

What I don't understand is how some people got their hands on these? Was Robert Dunn selling them at some point and delivered some kickstarter units? Iirc, Stealthlurker had two of them.

Does he only deliver for folks that paid and not those that he promised?

Here is his website.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Stealthlurker is probably in the Yakuza and was going to start taking fingers if he didn't deliver.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
What I don't understand is how some people got their hands on these? Was Robert Dunn selling them at some point and delivered some kickstarter units? Iirc, Stealthlurker had two of them.

Does he only deliver for folks that paid and not those that he promised?

Here is his website.
Well he already has acouple models out that he was making i believe. The Viewlix model, the one i won, was his newest, so nobody should have one of these before i get one. But hes already made teh astro and the neo cabs

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So Rob at MGS is back in the game and has gotten a lot of work done this last couple of weeks. He has been more proactive with communication and giving me updates . He is waiting for the paint to cure before he can start assembly on the unit this weekend. But here are acouple pics. Im very excited this will be coming to me soon.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hope you finally get your prize. I won the PS4 and custom fight stick from Focus Attack back in October.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I hope he comes through soon. This is a common problem with drawings or contests, the maker of the item tends to favor paying customers over the contest winner, so the winner ends up seriously delayed or never gets the item at all. I have a friend who won a custom tobacco pipe from a manufacturer, never got it. The manufacturer was highly regarded and had almost universally positive feedback, but he never made good on his own drawing. Which makes you wonder why these people hold a drawing in the first place...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I guess it's just a way of advertising their product.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Looking good and great to hear it's moving for you. Rob's a good guy who's honestly trying to do his best. When the kickstarter went off I knew it would be a ton of work for him. I told him to focus on making the Vewlix units for others and he could save mine for the end. I know most people out there are very intolerant of missed deadlines especially when it comes to a decent chunk of money. I'm ok with it and I'm fine with waiting a year or two or three. I once waited five years before getting a pachinko machine I ordered. Laugh at me if you will, but I thought of it as "good karma" to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know if you know this, but all of his bartop control panels can be detached and used as stand alone joysticks too. Which is a really nice feature. He also tends to put in some really nice sockets in the back for additional joypads/joysticks.

I've got a couple of other side projects with Rob, but those will have to wait until he gets product out to those that have paid ;)