I swear I've seen this before in a KoF game

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
15k euros to get made; 75k for additional sex scene. This isn't going to fund itself, people!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That Athena Heidern sprite edit is pretty damn impressive. I want to play this now. I believe its from KOF Memorial Ultimate Match.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
meh, the idea behind the KS project is ok I guess... but 15k? Give me a break.

That Athena Heidern sprite edit is pretty damn impressive. I want to play this now.
this is true.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Ok idea, not good execution so far. The fanfic 'adult' bent seems really shitty... I'm surprised the team looks older than 14. Half the examples seem to show a weird mismatch between character and bg resolution. Coloring and tonal choices appear rough.

They're definitely re-drawing original sprites - not the worst thing in the world compared to outright ripping them off. But as a result you can't help feel the characters/style is just coming from all over the place, is not well curated and as a result feels like a mugen mash up which only reinforces the rip-off feeling you get when you see something similar. If it all at least felt consistent to a particular direction they had crafted the similarities where they occured would feel much more in homage/reference to the original source than a rip off.

There's no evidence of a tech demo... although given how little ever got shown upfront by the Bloodstained kickstarter I guess you can't blame them.

By contrast - although it's not my bag - I kind of really appreciate the kickstarters like Yooka-Laylee one which (although clearly wip/test) at least show clear gameplay/test level examples.