I received today...

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Got my millipede machine. Has a multi-pede kit in it which allows it to run both millipede and centipede on the original hardware and remembers the full high score tables for both! Just got a spare millipede board as well as the prices on them are starting to inflate quite a bit.

It came with a really rough trackball in it. I put it in a metal tumbler to see what that would do to it. The result was very good. I figured it'd be one of those things where it works or it doesn't but it's crazy. The thing almost looked new after it came out. I wish I would have had before and after pictures, but I wasn't expecting as much success.

millipede.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Congrats! Very cool cabinet, love that art, and fantastic condition.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I do miss my Millipede, not gonna lie. I wish Atari and other companies did more full cab artwork like this. Nice grab.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I can't remember the last time I played centipede with an original trackball the way it was supposed to and I loved that game .
Dead jealous here !

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
BF3BB20B-2201-425E-ABBF-19AA9C028573_zpsta87kvcl.jpg

Replacement plastics for my Tales From the Crypt pinball finally arrived. Plan on finishing the facelift tomorrow: New plastics, new rings/rubbers, scoop cliffy, and adding the rest of the GI LEDs.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Replacement plastics for my Tales From the Crypt pinball finally arrived. Plan on finishing the facelift tomorrow: New plastics, new rings/rubbers, scoop cliffy, and adding the rest of the GI LEDs.

Sweet, take a before and after for yourself just to see the difference side by side.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Sweet, take a before and after for yourself just to see the difference side by side.

I started the refurb just over a week ago and didn't think to take before and after photos. It might be too far removed to make it worth it. The BIGGEST difference came from using Novus on the playfield. I had no idea just how dirty it was until I started cleaning. Yuck!

I will take before and after pics for the next shop, but I will post after pics of TFTC at the very least.

Chempop

NICE Brad! I’m well jelly, but first I have to beat the first Raiden ;)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Nanao 29T ooohhh yeah

nanao.JPG

Cya Wei Ya wouldn't wanna be ya.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'd keep it just to be safe.

I'll keep the Wei Ya for sure. As I have said before it gets an overly bad rap I feel. Perhaps it is due to failures more than the output quality.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'll keep the Wei Ya for sure. As I have said before it gets an overly bad rap I feel. Perhaps it is due to failures more than the output quality.

it's a well known fact that Wei-Ya 15KHz output is garbage when compared to other trisync monitors.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I believe that Wei-ya has made some adjustments to their original design for their tri-sync chassis since those old AO "chassis swap" threads, I see people often complaining about its 15khz output, side compression, sync and convergence issues, etc etc. but from my own experience I can tell you that none of those issues happened to me, 15khz is the same or even better than on my PFX Sanwas, no side compression or blurry 15khz output, the only problem I have found is that they are not very reliable, the flyback in one of them crapped out this last week and it had less than 20 hours of use.

Last edited:

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
These just came in about a week ago. I've been busy to post them. I'm just ready to leave Kuwait and get home to play.

attachment-2.jpeg
attachment-4.jpeg

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Brad, your monitor is brilliant - I always love seeing pics on your Blast - nice!

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Brad, your monitor is brilliant - I always love seeing pics on your Blast - nice!

I can thank ECZangief for helping me pick it out! Rich and I tested a bunch of machines when we picked them up to find the best one.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
New 1L6B panel courtesy of Jasen's Customs.
IMAG1167.jpg

I can't decide whether I like the Jolly Rancher look anymore with the ball top and buttons. Maybe a solid violet or blue would look better? I only use the first 4 buttons; for the unused ones.. should I plug em or leave em?:annoyed:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Side by side comparison:
Bl10B5i.png

Personally I prefer the solid buttons/balltops on cabs.

Bubbletops and clear buttons are more suited towards sticks, IMO

Chempop

All violet sanwa or all white if you prefer seimitsu, no quesiton for me. But do what ever you like. A little individuality never hurts in this hobby :p