I received today...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
More like what I found when a relative asked me to come collect my stuff from their property. Thought I picked this up years ago.

i'm seeing super turbo, new challengers, and 19XX, what are the rest?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Wow!! sell me one of those ST's

I see what I can do dude. Two ST have been bought already and the last two are pending in person sales this saturday. If it falls through I will post what is left on the forums.

looks like you're for a grand master tournament :)

Nah still only got two of those boards

those cps2s still alive?

Yeap still booted

i'm seeing super turbo, new challengers, and 19XX, what are the rest?

Loop Master, Dimahoo

Not in the pic AVP, Cyberbots, Alpha 2 and 3

All boards are spoken for except the new challengers, just waiting for payment.

More surplus?

Not anymore. Guess I will check what I still have at my other relatives places.

Arcade I sill have your cps1 board btw. Remember I pm you that replacement chip did not work.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Some recent pickups.

OutZone - lots in fun in 2 player, pretty brutal going solo so far.
IMAG1118.jpg

Shooting Historia figures
IMAG1119.jpg

Taito Egret 29 Marquee - need to try retr0brite on the white part of the speaker pod.
IMAG1120.jpg

foobs

n00b
Picked up this rare candy cab, Namco Exceleena Blue. Overall it's in great shape. The painted fiberglass finish has held up well, original wiring, monitor looks superb with no burn from what I can see. Could use a new 2p stick and all new buttons. My other candy is horizontal so I think I'm going to keep this one vertical and only use it for shooters.

IMG_20140813_074535.jpg

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Picked up this rare candy cab, Namco Exceleena Blue. Overall it's in great shape. The painted fiberglass finish has held up well, original wiring, monitor looks superb with no burn from what I can see. Could use a new 2p stick and all new buttons. My other candy is horizontal so I think I'm going to keep this one vertical and only use it for shooters.

View attachment 17698
Congrats man!
I have one my self and I could tell you that they are great cab's:buttrock:
And it looks almost brand new

Last edited:

foobs

n00b
Congrats man!
I have one my self and I could tell you that they are great cab's:buttrock:
And it looks almost brand new

Cool, thanks! I had never even heard of the exceleena until I saw this one posted in my area, but the second I saw it I had to have it. I'm impressed how well the blue finish has held up. However there is a little bit of rust on the bottom of the aluminum front and on the control panel, so I'll eventually do something about that. Still too many project to work on! I found the control panel repro art on arcadeotaku but need to find someone who can print it for me.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

View attachment 17698

I love the look of these cabs! You'll have to post up some pics once you get it cleaned up and running some shmups!

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
lovely cab in deed. cup holders are awesome too :D I never where to SAFELY sit my beer when playing on a blast or universal

foobs

n00b
Thanks guys, yes I'll definitely post pics as I get farther along. In the meantime, here are some more pics as it is now. We'll call this the "before".

IMG_20140814_080929.jpgIMG_20140814_143217.jpgIMG_20140814_143246.jpgIMG_20140814_143709.jpg

Some thoughts as I've been going through the cab today:
- Someone wired the control panel by soldering all the wires directly to the buttons. Luckily they didn't hack up the wiring though. Most of the buttons are either original or really old. I don't recognize them and the brand isn't labeled so maybe something generic? Regardless they're all really worn so I'm going to replace them.
- I want to keep it looking original. Most of the Exceleena's I'm seeing are all yellow (buttons and balltops) with red 1/2 player start. But some I'm seeing have some green. Which is it... all yellow?
- There's no kick harness so I'll wire one up. Yes this is for shmups, but if I'm going to replace all the buttons anyway I figure I might as well add the extra buttons.
- The first player stick was just replaced by the previous owner with a JLW. I can't stand this stick. The second player stick is a heavily worn LS-33 (maybe original?). My Windy cab has a couple of LS-32, so I think I'm going to replace them with JLFs and use the LS-32s in this Namco.

I have a dynamo with hyperspin setup (see below pic) and really enjoying it. I have enough materials for another hyperspin that I was going to put in the Windy, but I'm itching to play some vertical shmups so I may just throw all that stuff in the Namco first and put the Windy on the back burner.

IMG_20140814_153439.jpg

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
the cupholders are indeed hilariously awesome.
but i can't help but think that those cabs look a little "fat", y'know?

foobs

n00b
the cupholders are indeed hilariously awesome.
but i can't help but think that those cabs look a little "fat", y'know?

Yeah, pretty fat - a little over 38" wide actually. It's in my garage now, but not looking forward to having to partially disassemble it to move it inside.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Awesome stuff poodude and foobs! Outzome looks rad, though I’ve never played it. Would love to see pics of your Egret29 once it’s complete. Exceleena Blue are so cool, I’m sure it’ll make a great shmup cab, your whole setup is great btw.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
great cab.. I like your diverse setup... a few candies, a nice Big Red.

Do you keep everything out in your garage? If not, what do you have inside?

foobs

n00b
great cab.. I like your diverse setup... a few candies, a nice Big Red.

Do you keep everything out in your garage? If not, what do you have inside?

Thanks... yeah all my cabs are in my garage, this is it! Sorry I did imply that I would be moving the Namco inside. What I meant is that when I get a house with an actual basement I'll be moving all these cabs inside. Really I've been putting off buying cabs for years because I was waiting until we get that nice big house to store them. But I finally said screw it, I'll settle for the garage, I want em now!

I would still like a trisync candy like a blast city and a modern lcd cab (vewlix or clone). But it seems the market is not such that I get to be picky about it, but rather I need to just be patient and see what comes up for sale locally. I'm just loving candies now!

Last edited:

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member

Wow, never see that before, Congrats man

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
That Exceleena is boss!

In other news..

A sneaky scoop over at the Shmups forum thanks to a timely tip off from Chempop:
20140815_000933_1_zpsplss0cyd.jpg

And in local news, I got my newly burned Blue Label eproms courtesy of Fox1:
20140815_001625_2_zpsvdocim0a.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
That Namco cab is pretty slick.

Got me some FrancoB marquee holders! Only reason they look cloudy is I smudged them all up with fingerprints, and I need to get some glass cleaner and a nice cloth to clean them well. These things look sweet.

20140814_220259.jpg.jpg

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That Namco cab is pretty slick.

Got me some FrancoB marquee holders! Only reason they look cloudy is I smudged them all up with fingerprints, and I need to get some glass cleaner and a nice cloth to clean them well. These things look sweet.

20140814_220259.jpg.jpg

Those look awesome Skate. Glad everything worked out!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

I recommend a soft cloth and Novus #1 for cleaning. Ammonia is bad for acrylics. Novus #2 or #3 for removing scratches.

I've seen the effects of ammonia on Pins over the years with plastics and ramps. Just starts dulling and fogging then out over time.

Glad everything came in one piece, looks great!