I rarely ever puke - I have some questions

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
anybody say eat some saltines with your water? I stopped reading. they can soak up some of the stingy stuff?

Yes, thank you. Im fortunately no longer puking my life away, nor am I shitting it away. I maybe shitting it away philosophically, maybe but not the squirtz. My current concern is the 101.X fever that hasn't gone away. But I actually feel pretty good, which is weird.

Just weird.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Eh, you'll break the fever. Your body is just heating up to kill off what's left of whatever got ya.

Don't be Beech!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had a similar thing happen to me in Mexico. No, I didn't drink the water.
Was up all night losing fluids from both ends. I was fine by late afternoon. I'm sure you'll be fine in a day or so. Keep your anxiety low, rest, fluids. Watch some Netflix.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sounds like food poison, or maybe just got a bug. Poultry poisoning can be deadly, but you sound like you're doing OK (on neo-geo.com). A lot of the time food poison from chicken can resolve and you'll be OK. Your body would probably tell you if you are on the verge of death. Red meat is the real deadly one. It can really eff up your heart, even if you think it passed, it can do permanent damage years later.

Basically you follow the BRAT diet when you can't hold anything down.

Banana's
Rice
Applesauce (plain, no cinnamon)
Toast (dry)

Those should keep you from spewing. I find when a bug hits me bananas are my go to. I can just leave them by the couch and roll over and grab one without getting up.

As for hydration, you can try sipping water. But it's hard to get hydrated that way. And not a guarantee you will get hydrated.

You want Pedialyte. Sold in the baby section. You can keep that down pretty easily. Or get IV fliuds at a hospital. But do NOT drink water if you can help it.

If you start cramping, that's the red flag to get to a hospital and get IV fluids.

I got pretty sick about 7 years ago, and basically vomited, and shit water for about a week and a half straight. I was miserable. Then I went to the ER for the first time ever on my own will, got IV fluids, and felt like a million bucks.

It doesn't sound like a medical emergency, but I would make a dr appt at the very least to give a stool sample and make sure there's nothing evil in there. If you feel better by the time it comes around just cancel. You don't want to be in a situation 5 days from now where you can't get in a dr, are cramping, and have to drop 2K at an er. Just make an appt now.

Also, about the fever. Keep it under wraps. 103 degrees is the danger zone (where your brain literally begins to cook itself). As long as you can keep it under that you should be good. Try and hold something down for a bit so that medicine has time to dissolve.

Also, when you have a fever hot showers and bundling up in blankets sounds like a good idea, but it's not. You're not cold, you're actually burning up. You need to just use a sheet instead of a hoodie and blankets. This will help you break your fever faster, although it sucks being cold. So make a decision, be cold and get better faster, or feel warm and miserable longer.

Good luck.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ha, I logged on thinking "I wonder if they think I died..."

I AM ALIVE!!

I don't work Tuesdays, and this morning I deduced my car is on it's last legs, so I spent most of my day off trying to figure out how much it will cost to repair a cracked head. Sooo basically, I'm gonna be new (to me) car shopping on my next day off. That's why I hadn't really come in here.

So as far as updates go.. As I said the Dr was pretty dismissive about the fever. It didn't break until about midnight. I know it wasn't a dangerous one, but it wasn't completely low-grade either. It stayed at 101.X, usually at about .5 or .6, sometimes dipping to .2 from about 4PM to nearly midnight last night. The odd thing is I was feeling better, no nausea, no squirts, no puking whatsoever. Just a bad headache and knee-ache - that I get when I have a fever - for that long. Took some tylenol and it didn't do shit. 4 hours later, I took 3 Motrin and around midnight the fever broke finally. I'd even used a cold compress and took a cold shower. Nothing would bring it down.

Last night around 10pm the wife started getting pretty gassy but couldn't fart anything out. Found out this morning she spent most of the night on the toilet, but never puked. She felt like she *might* puke, but never actually did. She's fine now and we're both pretty much gas-chambering our poor cats. Thanks so much to everyone for the info, and suggestions!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sounds like you all got the bug. Its that time of year so maybe you knocked it out for the winter.

Whenever i eat something and get sick like that just the smell of the food i ate right before turns me off of it forever. I havent been able to eat sweet potatoes or machine made cappucino because of me associating the smell with being sick AF. Just the smell of either makes me queasy.

Hopefully you can still eat chicken.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Naaw the wife is faking it because her perfect murder plan failed.

Sounds like you all got the bug. Its that time of year so maybe you knocked it out for the winter.

Whenever i eat something and get sick like that just the smell of the food i ate right before turns me off of it forever. I havent been able to eat sweet potatoes or machine made cappucino because of me associating the smell with being sick AF. Just the smell of either makes me queasy.

Hopefully you can still eat chicken.

The last time i had food poisoning was from Jack in the Box, it was the Chibata Bacon burger, it was so good but now just thinking about make me want to vomit.