I rarely ever puke - I have some questions

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
FOREWARD: Sorry for the pretty much TMI thread...

Last night I made some chicken alfredo. I did not get drunk, and I am not hung over.

So when I puke its usually just real liquidy.

Ive been puking since 5am this morning, it's currently 11am. Probably every half hour. Up until about 20 minutes ago it was just that liquidy bile type stuff. But this last 'session' I started bringing up actual chunks of food. (I promise I chew well). One even kinda got stuck in my throat and kinda scared me as I started to choke for about 2 seconds until it dislodged.

Does this mean anything? Is it a sign of danger, I mean?

I know this is likely food poisoning but Im concerned with the change in 'consistency.'

please help, lest I expire.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
ive puked every 10 mins before for hours and hours and hours, throwing up either nothing or stomach acid. it was probably really bad. i survived just fine. hydrate yourself and if you really feel things are getting worse beyond control, get medical help

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Sounds like food poisoning, had it a few times in my life that lasted for almost 24hrs...Just make sure to hydrate yourself like Sylvie said & get plenty of rest if you can...Drink gatorade or water which you will probably puke out too but some it will stick into your body...Toast & ice cubes helps too. You're going to continue puking until you get all the shit out of your body.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
hydrate yourself and if you really feel things are getting worse beyond control, get medical help

QFT.

FWIW, I rarely puke, too. Not counting this one time a few years ago where I puked due to the excruciating pain from hurting myself by accident, I've had about a decade between the last time I puked and the time before that, and I'm pushing another decade now with my non-pukeness.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
what I dont get is that my wife ate the same food as I did. not as much, mind you but the same food from the same pots and utensils. She's totally fine

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I used to puke so hard I'd give myself two black eyes...

It stopped when I quit smoking.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i drank a whole bottle of jack daniels to my self in my early teens, which resulted in two whole days of throwing up. never touched whisky again.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
what I dont get is that my wife ate the same food as I did. not as much, mind you but the same food from the same pots and utensils. She's totally fine

Believe it or not, no two people are alike.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member

Maybe your wife is poisoning you?

Food poisoning can happen from a food you ate earlier or the day before or even a week. Maybe you didn't wash your hands good enough or the person serving you the food. Your immune system might not be as strong as your wife. So many variables that can cause this.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
95% of food poisoning takes almost 12-24 hours before it kicks in, so you are in the right window.
Sounds like you may have a touch of Salmonella.

Focus on replacing fluids, and go to the hospital if it doesn't improve.

Your wife may still suffer symptoms 48 hours afterwards. It's not the bacteria that cause you to be sick in most cases. It is the toxins that are released as your body kill the bacteria.
Your wife may also have more robust gut flora that are out-competing the invasive bacteria.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
95% of food poisoning takes almost 12-24 hours before it kicks in, so you are in the right window.
Sounds like you may have a touch of Salmonella.

Focus on replacing fluids, and go to the hospital if it doesn't improve.

Your wife may still suffer symptoms 48 hours afterwards. It's not the bacteria that cause you to be sick in most cases. It is the toxins that are released as your body kill the bacteria.
Your wife may also have more robust gut flora that are out-competing the invasive bacteria.

I haven't shit water in about 3 hours.

But puking, I puked about 45 minutes ago. Maybe an hour. How long should I give it until I hit the ER? Tried calling my Doc but shes out until Wed, and all the other docs at that clinic are booked up, or I'd rather not use since he's a hack.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
If you feel like you are at disk of dehrdration, then you should go to Urgent Care or Hospital. Low sugar sports drinks are good. Try to keep them down.
Your puke consistency may have been some of the muscus lining of your stomach, which is not that alarming. Blood is a minor concern.

It can clear up relatively quickly. Antibiotics is what you will likely get at Urgent Care or ER. Saline drip for dehydration.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Since you're posting on neo-geo i dont think you need to go to the ER. When i had mine i couldn't even get up as i was too weak to do anything but vomit & shit.

Just take small sips gatorade/water if you cant hold it down for every 5 to 10 minutes. If you're able to hold down the fluids without vomiting, start eating some toast, banana, applesauce...The more nutrients you have the better you will fight it/recover.

If you continue your vomit without holding anything down then go to the ER. If you can avoid it, that would be the better way to go though. Trying to go the ER and having to vomit/shit back in forth while you wait for hours to be called would be hell. Rest/hydration is the best way. Maybe stay off neo-geo too.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
At the Dr now. Started getting a fever so I came out. I'm only on here with my phone lol. :)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
★★★★ GOOD LUCK DARLIN ★★★★

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Did the doctor have any insight?

I'm trying to remember the last time the doctor didn't just tell me I had a viral infection and send me home.

Even that was a step up from when I smoked, which meant no matter what I went to the doctor for he just lectured me on smoking and sent me home.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I'm trying to remember the last time the doctor didn't just tell me I had a viral infection and send me home.

Even that was a step up from when I smoked, which meant no matter what I went to the doctor for he just lectured me on smoking and sent me home.

i hear ya. i went to the doctor once in 15 years. and it was only to get a checkup so my insurance would be cheaper.
i can run and interpret blood/lipid panels from 3rd parties cheaper than a doctor.

StevenK

10 Year Member
i hear ya. i went to the doctor once in 15 years. and it was only to get a checkup so my insurance would be cheaper.
i can run and interpret blood/lipid panels from 3rd parties cheaper than a doctor.

Have you ever been sat in front of a doctor when he googles your symptoms? I have.

Frightening.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Did you have sex with your wife after dinner? If yes, did you go down on her? If yes, does she wipe front-to-back or back-to-front?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Have you ever been sat in front of a doctor when he googles your symptoms? I have.

Frightening.

that's common these days. i've actually seen gp's google even the simplest of symptoms that i even knew what they were. it's not what it used to be. all you need is a three year course and your qualified to write prescriptions.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Did the doctor have any insight?
He gave me some nausea pills, which haven't even shown up yet at the pharmacy. He kinda downplayed my fever, too. Thought it was this morning even tho I told him repeatedly it was right before I came in. The nurse took my temp, and it read 98.4, but I was radiating heat like a mofo.

I think she fucked up. He's not my regular doc. I'm not feeling nausea anymore, and haven't puked since about 1pm. But I just got this 101.3 (goes up and down tenths here and there) fever and it happened AFTER I felt better. I'm about to take a cold shower. Even Tylenol didn't break it, nor did a cold pack.

Also, no we didn't have sex last night before or after dinner.

StevenK

10 Year Member
He gave me some nausea pills, which haven't even shown up yet at the pharmacy. He kinda downplayed my fever, too. Thought it was this morning even tho I told him repeatedly it was right before I came in. The nurse took my temp, and it read 98.4, but I was radiating heat like a mofo.

I think she fucked up. He's not my regular doc. I'm not feeling nausea anymore, and haven't puked since about 1pm. But I just got this 101.3 (goes up and down tenths here and there) fever and it happened AFTER I felt better. I'm about to take a cold shower. Even Tylenol didn't break it, nor did a cold pack.

Also, no we didn't have sex last night before or after dinner.

That bitch is getting it elsewhere, I KNEW IT

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
anybody say eat some saltines with your water? I stopped reading. they can soak up some of the stingy stuff?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The best thing you can do when you're vomiting is to continue eating. Bread or crackers if you're a beech and can't shove something more substantial down.

The greasier the better in my opinion. Every time I've been with someone who's gotten sick and had the flu. I've brought them the greasiest cheeseburger I can find. It works everytime. You need the grease and beff to soak up whatever bad shit you got going on in your system.