I needs me a 30 hit combo for KOF 2000

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
^Topic Yes, I'm playing the Port. So what if I'm trying to unlock stuff...that's like critisizing SouthtownKid for liking World Heroes 2!

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Nothing wrong with playing the port. The only thing I wish that would have been added to it is a true Survival Mode; Party Mode is boring and is not a substitute for Survival, at least not in my mind. It would have also been nice if the KOF2000 on DC had Survival Mode as well, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I probably won't be buying the MVS for this because...

I don't really like 2000 that much.

The PS2 version is better.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Isn't Ryo Ryuukoranbo (SDM) 25 hits or so? Combo into that with maybe a striker who does 4 hits, then do close C and that. Sorry if this doesn't work since I don't play Ryo much (and 2K is the only KOF I've never played)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Combo into Choi's multihit SDM, that's the only way I could do it. (see, I'm lame.)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
infenite:

Venessa / [Striker] = Joe / next to wall

- Standing C (2 hits) ..... forward A (2 hits) ..... hcf C*

call striker [Joe] upon enemy's fall to ground

- Standing C (2 hits) ..... forward A (2 hits) ..... hcf C

call striker [Joe]

etc. etc.

*(keep hitting C for more hits)

if you need some more combos for gameplay purpose, just let us know. there sooooooo many of them in 2000 (let us know which characters you use)

it's quite ironic to see players bitch about the striker system in 2000 and yet, they are unable to pull a simple striker combo. :annoyed:

I'm not referring to you guys. I mean those haters who bash 2000 and 2001 for having big combos. both games are fun as hell if played with another player at the same level as yours.

yeah sure, every fighting game sucks when you get your ass handed to you eveytime you play it. I say learn how to play before judging the game.

*waits for replays like "OMG you haven't played aganist KOF 2000 experts and Goro freaks !!!!? blah blah blah*

Last edited:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
It's a lot of fun so far. And the AST make it a good trade off as the OST in 2k1 gets on my nerves after a while. (Repetitiveness and white noise tend to push me near the edge lately.)

I had tried earlier with Choi, and thought I'd gotten close with Ramon, but could never get above 28 hits--so I figured I'd ask. I'd also checked GameFAQs for the Vanessa infinate, but just found it listed that she had one, but not what it was. I've saved the page with Netscape and am gonna' try this stuff out tonight.

Thanks guys.

BTW: Maxima stays on my edit team a lot, but I'm spending time with stock teams to see the endings for a while. Lots of gameplay between this and Guilty Gear XX.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
If you can't simply combo into it with enough hits, I think you can follow up calling Joe with the SDM.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Pulled it off. Used Duck King as striker and waited for the 2hit to register, then used Choi's MAX SDM. 30hits and I get to view the KOF '95 intro. (I must say I like the PS1 version better. But then, I tend to lean toward AST anyway.)

Thanks for the tips,
--Kage.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Corner
Kyo and Ryo.
jC sC hcf D,D hcb+b qcf+a (call ryo), hcf D,D, hcb+b qcf+a etc.
In practice you take this to 99.

Vanessa and Ryo.
jC sC fwd+A hcf+C (call joe), sC fwd+A hcf+C (joe) etc.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
few Maxima combos:

striker: Another K'

close C (1 hit) .... forward A .... hcb C ..... [call striker] ..... qcf hcb C

striker: Joe

hcf D (grab) ..... [call striker] ..... hcb C

hcb D .... forward D .... [call striker] ...... hcb C

I"ll post more later. just as a quick note:

Joe, Seth and Another Iori are the best strikers in the game.

Joe: hits opponent while on ground, leaving him open for an additional combo or DM.

Seth and Another Iori: used for defensive porposes whenever you're open for attacks.

example: if the opponent blocked your dragon punch, call Seth or another Iori. if the opponent was hit, he will be open for your attacks. you can hit him with a DM for example.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
do you have a partner to play the game with, or do you just play alone?

also, which 3 characters you use the most?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
If you mean me, I used to play competitively at SA down near mt sac. This was back in 2000 though.
This game made me pick my love for beni up all over.

I would say most used/faves Jhun, Iori, Kyo. Jhun is a give or take.

2000 introduced my favorite variation of kyo, with the hcb b for and additional juggle.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ports are okay, some of the earlier KoF ports on PSX are not very good, tho. Sometimes it's important to know wether a combo is meant for the original or port because there are some ports where you can do what you can't in the Neo original, and vice versa (see the Neo RBS and the PSX RBSDM, etc.).

Ah yes, to join the chant, here's a 30 hits combo for Lin with Joe as striker (adapted from one my 2k1 Lin combos):

(wall behind back) crossup jD -> sC (2 hits) -> f+A -> hcb+B -> call Joe right when you leap back from the last move -> hcb+D -> dp+A

The crossup thingy is a bit tricky... ...but it works in the ports as well! ;)