I feel helpless

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Clearly things within his life have gone awry. Unless you absolutely know fr sure that this has happened before, it would be safer to assume that the outburst and assault were symptoms of a more severe issue.

I'd recommend he get some sort of therapeutic help, as he's not handling it well. As for you, it's great that you are standing by your word. That being said, you can't pour from an empty cup. If you find that you are working harder than your friend to help him, or that it is taking an emotional toll on you, than I am not going to judge you for taking care of you and distancing yourself.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm sorry you're going through this man. I'm no doctor but that is def a call for help. Here is the suicide prevention hotline (1-800-273-8255), maybe give them a call and see what they can do to help your friend. I've had friends and family take their own life it is a complete tragedy.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
He's 29 years old. Never seen him act that way before, but, I don't know him well enough to say if he's had problems in the past or not. He wished everybody a happy Easter today, so, he seems all right, but, who knows? If he wants to talk, I will, but, otherwise, I think it's best to leave him be for now, unless he starts acting suicidal or erratically again.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Crazy fook just posted that he's going to kill himself again. I sent him an encouraging message and told him not to do it, but, this time, instead of calling 911 myself, I flagged it as suicide/self-injury to Facebook; they're better equipped to direct the police for an intervention or wellness check than I am (i.e., they have his address and phone number, which I don't).

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The real tough question, is whether this thread belongs in the GregN themed subforum or not.