I can cook only a handful of meals...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My Tine and I have a rule, whoever comes home from work first does the cooking. She works in two different shifts, one week she's at home before me and every other week it's the other way around. Takeway eats into the budget too much.

We like simple and tasty stuff, bit of roasted meat with greens, spaghetti Bolognese, goulash Hungary-style with noodles, Chilli con Carne, garlic bread and a plate of Antipasti, filled Paprica with rice and gravy, Bratwurst with Kraut and mustard, Schnitzel with Fries, Burgers, various egg dishes, fried fish with potatoes and salad, pancakes, etc.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I de-stress by sitting in chat... and looking after you fooks...

....Why do YOU think i stick around here...

IF I wanted cooking tips... I would've asked for it...

xROTx

I hear ya mate...but a unsolicited tip if I may?

Bake your bacon.

You'll never go back to frying.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
EDIT: I have NO idea why some of you guys enjoy cooking so much... I have Jan and speed dial:D

you have it right rot. i envy you. if i had the funds,speed dial is all i would need.

i could pretty much cook anything .promised my self i would learn to cook after living with so many people who didn't know how to.and i'm not bad at it either. but i would give it all up for delicious take away on a daily basis.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I cook a minimum of two meals a day. I enjoy my time in the kitchen. Always have. Years ago I would go out to dinner a few times a week, just for fun with friends, but now I would rather have people come over and cook for them. It doesn't really save me any money, to be completely honest. Sometimes the meals I cook at home would be cheaper, especially when you factor in the time of preparation, if bought out, but I enjoy making my own noodles/pasta, tortillas, bread, etc... And, it's amazing what a couple eggs, some flour and water will make you.

I don't know. I cooked a nice dish yesterday for a friend who was over. We worked in the kitchen making pasta, and chatting it up drinking beers. A lot better than crashing on the sofa and watching Netflix until we're bored, I guess.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I wouldn't order from Takeaways all day even if I had the money, there just aren't enough good ones around here. Most of them offer horrible spongy tragedies they call pizza and other convenience food they can heat up in a microwave, throw in a styrofoam dish and sell to their customers for ridiculous amounts. I'd probably end up ordering Asian food for a couple of weeks and then die from acute glumatate poisoning.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im wifey material...I can cook, clean, & do good sex.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm with you on this one Rot. I think its special for a significant other to cook for you if they are into it, and sitting down to a nice meal out is one of my favorite things to do. So I can appreciate the hell out of cooking, just never got into practicing any serious cooking myself.