How long will this amiibo craze last?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My last 2 have came in. Here's my collection as of now.

ht8ml4.jpg

I still have 5 in limbo till the end of july.

That's a nice collection. I don't have a shelf for mine, I should put one up.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I've just about given up on these things... with how long each wave takes to come out and then pre-orders selling out literally in seconds, I dont have time to monitor threads every hour just to find out I missed out, which is what has been happening for a few months now. Just going to look for the few remaining that I want on ebay or something now.

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Amazon sometimes has good deals, check there before ebay. Also I was in the same boat but thanks to amiibonews on twitter and the amiibo sub reddit I have been picking up the amiibos I need.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Amazon sometimes has good deals, check there before ebay. Also I was in the same boat but thanks to amiibonews on twitter and the amiibo sub reddit I have been picking up the amiibos I need.

Thanks for the info... guess I'm getting old... dont have twitter and have not used reddit before... probably why I am always late to the party.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info... guess I'm getting old... dont have twitter and have not used reddit before... probably why I am always late to the party.

Reddit is pretty much a must if you're wanting to get these on pre-order or want to know about re-stocks. It's the only way to even have a chance at some of these things. A post will hit Reddit that something is available, then like 5-10 mins later it's updated to say sold out. Completely nuts, but really the only way to get the info fast enough.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
RabbitTroop will be happy to know that a pic of a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo has been released (KK Slider, Isabelle, Tom Nook and Mabel)...as well as an 8 bit Mario. And they all look god damn fantastic.

EDIT: I'm guessing the 8 bit Mario will be for Mario Maker...but would be cool if it unlocked an 8 bit costume in Smash Bros as well.

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
My wallet cries as another amiibo line for me to get is coming out. Really liking the Animal Crossing amiibos.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
SI_Amiibo_E3.png
Not going to lie, I want that Wooly Worlds Yoshi, when does that one go on sale?

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Now the tough choice: Do you buy R.O.B. in his NES gray color scheme or import his Famicom red color scheme?

I'd like the U.S. one but we'll see how crazy this next round of pre-orders are. I have a feeling R.O.B. is going to be stupid hard to find in the U.S..

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I only have 1 RL friend that is still trying to get the full set. I might grab 1 or 2 per series, but no way am I trying to catch em all.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I need the American R.O.B Amiibo to go with my origina gray R.O.B that I've got since I was a kid. I've also got a mini-toy of him my friend got me in Japan decked out in his Famicom colors.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Some guy who owns some video game shop in Hilliard, OH gave Mia a new Gold Mario.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This morning I was a giant faggot and lined up outside Target at 8:00am for the Australian release of the Gold Mario Amiibo. When the store opened all the little pimply-faced school gronks poured in and ran to the back of the store where two girls were waiting at the back counter with a bunch of Amiibo boxes behind them. By the time I got to the counter there were four left out of 30. I picked one up with a green wooly Yoshi.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I admit I have a love/hate relationship w/ amiibos - but I can't bring myself to the early store hits/line-ups.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I don't understand the gold and silver Mario amiibos. Aren't they the same thing as the normal one? I've seen dozens of them, so they're not even rare.