How long have you had your Neo Geo?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
first got a real elGRIZZbo vibe from this post... but it's cool you found someone who shares your hobby, congrats.

Dude... That's a low blow. At least he didn't pay her to appear in a photo.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
first got a real elGRIZZbo vibe from this post... but it's cool you found someone who shares your hobby, congrats.

Thanks dude! Just sharing a rad story that I'm always happy to tell fellow Neo Geo bro's!

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
at least you have enough time making coffee for your girlfriend (or other things I canエt remember) during the loading times of your NGCD ;)

Lol Hahaha! I know right! A friend hooked me up with the Neo CD for dirt cheap, she mostly plays Windjammers and Puzzle Bobble on it so there's really no load time. Lol Damn that CD is slow at loading for most everything else good to play on it!

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I got my 2 slot big red in 2016 and it is getting close to being complete. Not mint but good enough for me.
I also got an AES in 2016 but that was mainly so I can get a NEOSD for it.

I'm a relative noob to owning neo geo but I have a long history playing the games. My brother and I rented an AES in the 90s with Baseball Stars and Fatal Fury. I also played a lot in the arcades and always enjoyed the neo games.
I consolised a 1 slot board and passed it on to a friend at a great price since I figured I did not need three systems. Looking forward to playing more games now that my big red is almost complete.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Lol Thanks! Always wanted one as a kid in 86'. Finally got one as a grown ass man! Lol Achieving them childhood goals one day at a time!

Hopefully I will be able to do the same. Only thing is I did not want a Teddy Ruxpin, but a Lamborghini Countach. A man can dream, I guess...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Dude... That's a low blow. At least he didn't pay her to appear in a photo.
you misunderstood - I first thought one thing (looking at the photo before I read the text), then I realized it was something completely different (and cool).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you misunderstood - I first thought one thing (looking at the photo before I read the text), then I realized it was something completely different (and cool).

elGrizzbo is a serious danger to society and quite possibly has removed a few people from this earth. This megaGtron guy is just a nerd, get it right sheesh.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

Ooooooook gotcha. Lmao!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
elGrizzbo is a serious danger to society and quite possibly has removed a few people from this earth. This megaGtron guy is just a nerd, get it right sheesh.
Vo3Kq_s-200x150.gif

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf

Lol hahaha! You got that right brother! I am a mega fucking nerd when it comes to this mega fun hobby! Blessed life, blessed up collection! Cheers bro, if you're ever in So Cal on vacation feel free to hit me up and stop by to check out my Neo Geo retro gaming meet ups! My crib is setup for the good times year round!

The grilling and outdoor sessions get really good come summer time! We get it cracking here Neo Geo style in Los Angeles!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lol hahaha! You got that right brother! I am a mega fucking nerd when it comes to this mega fun hobby! Blessed life, blessed up collection! Cheers bro, if you're ever in So Cal on vacation feel free to hit me up and stop by to check out my Neo Geo retro gaming meet ups! My crib is setup for the good times year round!

The grilling and outdoor sessions get really good come summer time! We get it cracking here Neo Geo style in Los Angeles!

You excite me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
NGTron is a saint, dedicated to the cause and loyal to his Neo. Now...can I crash and eat all your food?!

On topic, I've had the Neo since 1993 in Colombia, then I moved to the US since 1995 and got most of my games in Miami, moved to MASS in 1999 and had the system all the way to 2003, once I parted with the home console I was lucky enough to run into MVS, just like that, out of nowhere by mere chance and luck, someone stole a 4 slot board from a pizza hut and I ended up buying it for cheap moneys, I didn't know it was stolen until after the fact but I wasn't gonna let go, lol. So 1993 to 2003 AES, 2004 and on MVS, that's when I joined here and learned a lot about the hobby because I was completely new to MVS, I had no idea WTF to do with it, had the 4 slot consolized, that ended up in a sour note but then in the mean time I got a hold of a couple Neo cabs, a Goldie which was my very first Cab and the Big Red Rev. 3, from there my hobby with arcades exploded like a mofo.

I did get a Neo CD somewhere in 2005 or so, I really missed the console so I indulged myself a little with it. I got the NGPC since release and jumped in the Atomiswave wagon shortly after KOF XI was released for AW.

Edit:...oh and BTW, I just got back in the AES bus...I've been pretty methodical, just inexpensive good titles, all JPN, so now I'm at full Neo Geo capacity, complete once again, it feels good to be back! SO far just 8 titles, nothing crazy, just my absolute favorites...I did ended up getting FF2 even though I have FFS, it was a cheapie, I had to indulge myself, FF2 was one of my very first Neo games along with my very first 2, Nam '75 and Samsho with a Gold system.

Last edited:

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
NGTron is a saint, dedicated to the cause and loyal to his Neo. Now...can I crash and eat all your food?!

On topic, I've had the Neo since 1993 in Colombia, then I moved to the US since 1995 and got most of my games in Miami, moved to MASS in 1999 and had the system all the way to 2003, once I parted with the home console I was lucky enough to run into MVS, just like that, out of nowhere by mere chance and luck, someone stole a 4 slot board from a pizza hut and I ended up buying it for cheap moneys, I didn't know it was stolen until after the fact but I wasn't gonna let go, lol. So 1993 to 2003 AES, 2004 and on MVS, that's when I joined here and learned a lot about the hobby because I was completely new to MVS, I had no idea WTF to do with it, had the 4 slot consolized, that ended up in a sour note but then in the mean time I got a hold of a couple Neo cabs, a Goldie which was my very first Cab and the Big Red Rev. 3, from there my hobby with arcades exploded like a mofo.

I did get a Neo CD somewhere in 2005 or so, I really missed the console so I indulged myself a little with it. I got the NGPC since release and jumped in the Atomiswave wagon shortly after KOF XI was released for AW.

Edit:...oh and BTW, I just got back in the AES bus...I've been pretty methodical, just inexpensive good titles, all JPN, so now I'm at full Neo Geo capacity, complete once again, it feels good to be back! SO far just 8 titles, nothing crazy, just my absolute favorites...I did ended up getting FF2 even though I have FFS, it was a cheapie, I had to indulge myself, FF2 was one of my very first Neo games along with my very first 2, Nam '75 and Samsho with a Gold system.

Hell yeah bro! Thank you for the kind words and props. Much love and respect brother! Feel free to crash on over anytime! Neo Geo Vibes!

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member

Darn dude, that is hard core. Awesome setup! I love the Samurai Shodown II marquee on the cab.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Darn dude, that is hard core. Awesome setup! I love the Samurai Shodown II marquee on the cab.

Right on bro thanks! Been working hard at it for the past few years now, adding small upgrades monthly for my guest to enjoy. Lol The entire setup has gotten pretty gnarly in the past two months! Definitely excited to debut and share my newest Neo Geo hardware with everyone that attends my next meet up@ Hoping to at the very least track down just the SS2 MVS control panel to pop on my Big Red one day. Absolutely love the look of it!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I had to think about it but I got my AES in 07. Ten year anniversary

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
FB_IMG_1442571224617_zpssm9vyelf.jpg
[/URL]

Bro you got some pizza out there but the question is when you got your homeboys over, they touch that greasy food and...then what? You tell them to wash their hands before touching the joysticks or you just gonna let them touch your merchandise?

Austin

n00b
I got my first Neo-Geo CD whenever SNK was liquidating them in the USA with a few games bundled. Really enjoyed it. I had that one for several years, then eventually had to sell it, but have re-acquired multiple CD units over the years. It tends to be my go-to because the handful of games I go back to the most handle fine on it after the initial load sequence (Viewpoint, Last Resort, Aero Fighters 2/3, Metal Slug 1, Magician Lord, etc).

I did buy an AES not too long after, but it mostly collected dust because carts were too expensive for the high-school me at the time (and thinking about it, they are too expensive for adult me now, ha).

When I had my first JAMMA cab in 2000 or so, I did get a MVS board. Had to part with it when I sold the machine a few years after, but I spent a lot of time with it. Mostly Pulstar and Blazing Star, but it was well worth it.

I currently have a CD unit, and for my current JAMMA cab I have the PB3 in it which seems to handle Neo stuff well enough. I hope to get another AES in the future and invest in a flash cart for it, then I think that'll be my permanent Neo setup until I either die or need to sell it, haha.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
11 years now, got my first MVS mobo in 2006 and did a crappy consolization all myself.

Of course, I got my NGPC in 1999, but I don't think that counts :-P

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Think I have had a modded AES since about 2005. Never had room for a cab, so stuck with it. Even rare carts were not as insanely expensive back then, so it was not so hard to get the games I wanted. Stopped playing non-PC games around that time so, technically, Neo AES was the last console I ever purchased.

Back in the day as a kid, and later as a teen, I made the same calculation I think many made - that Neo was not worth getting as the individual games were expensive, and the emphasis on fighting games felt limiting. When I played Metal Slug games and some of the schmups in emulation, I had more mixed feelings for a minute, but still never sprang for the console until later.

In retrospect, I feel a little silly. I had more fun playing the so-so conversion of Samurai Shodown on the console I did end up getting back then, than I did with many of the supposedly high-tech multimedia CD titles of the time. Oh well, live and learn. FMV so overrated.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent

And to think ive had the privilege to come here and experience the neo geo and arcade madness at neo g trons pad. So humbling and made me go out a buy a cab for myself

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
And to think ive had the privilege to come here and experience the neo geo and arcade madness at neo g trons pad. So humbling and made me go out a buy a cab for myself

Thanks little bro! Glad you were able to make it down from Vegas to be part of the meet up. Really happy to know you enjoyed all the setups. Dude I'm super stoked on all of your current get's! That Neo 29 you got is a beauty! Like I've told you before, keep at it and don't give up on the hunt, them great deals will eventually come. Sometimes it takes years but if you wait it out for that perfect score and great price especially it makes what you have obtained that much more special.