How long have you had your Neo Geo?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Bought an AES in 2005 and sold it in 2006 for a cab and MVS board. I have had an MVS board ever since then, I went through a 1A then a 2F and now a 1FS and 1C.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you weren't suddenly the most popular kid at university?

I'm sure when he spoke about his 'new generation' stick he got all the 'gaming' action he needed. That's why he's a baker, no study when you're banging every girl on campus.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
23 years, and still enjoying it as if it was the very first day!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
So many over the years, maybe ten? Of that ten though, I bought the same system back twice when I sold it. (I think daytimedreamer on here has it now) First system was in the 90's, most recent was only bought last year.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I bought my first AES used from Games to Go in Richfield, MN in 1996. I don't have it anymore, and I've had several AES's over the years. I bought my first NGCD from the same store maybe a year later. I got my first consolized MVS in 1999 on a newgroup, and I had that same 2-slot board until last year. Now I have a complete MVS collection, a good handful of NGCD's, and a smattering of NGPC systems and games. I mostly play a consolized 1-slot. Cabs are expensive now.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Had one since the early 90's, Gold system with Samsho II and Nam '75, it was a package deal at a place in Miami that was dedicated to imports, mostly photography, sound and expensive equipment. The owners also had an appliance business next door, this people were bringing just about everything under the sun, all kinds of ubber crazy shit, the only video game systems they sold was Neo but they had games for Saturn as well, nothing but imports though, I bought my CPS2 ports there as well. Place was awesome 'cause I used to go there to trade my Neo games for newer ones, kinda regret trading as you'd always take a loss but it was the most practical way I could afford the current games while going to school, ended up with at least a dozen games from there. I moved out of the state once I was donw with school there, when I returned a few years later they closed down...bummer.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
You're so right... in my spams the extent of my irony equals the magnitude of their sobriety.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i have a dungeon-- a secret crystal room if you will-- deep down in my building. its very regal and important. i'm trying to explain what it looks like but the grandeur of it slips away deviously from human language. but,,,,, well... have you ever played Final Fantasy II, at the beginning where you terrorize religious wizards and steal their shit? yeah.

so in the center of this room on the altar is a glass box. Can you guess whats inside? yea dude, an AES. and a mint copy of Pulstar. Every single day I slither into my crystal room in my robes and in all my mortal humility. Approaching it is almost criminal, but as a priestess I can do little more than remind myself of my credentials. Do I truly know the judgment from the other side? No. Perhaps I'm a saint. Working blindly, walking down a straight path. Right into my AES. I walk into it and I cannot walk anymore and finally the glass box falls to the ground and shatters on my glistening, iridescent crystal floor. The console and perfect game bounces like if all of pandora's evil tricks had been one solid premium home console system. My diamond baby has fallen to the floor. Immediately, through a deafening flood of tears in my sights, I lunge past the altar and grab the ornamental silver dagger of lord jesus. Unflinchingly I drive it through my throat and I begin gurglign like an infant and blood pouring down my neck and staining my robes and body. I am a twitching mass on the wet floor, barely alive. projectile blood spritz before my maimed worthless corpse, decorating the meager stage beneath my feet in its waltz. Clown approaches me and shakes his head. He cannot believe what he sees.

I got my NGCD back in 2007. My first goal was King of Fighters and the Samurai Spirit games. Then there was Fatal Fury. From there the disease grew into a bad gaming addiction. I consider the NGCD one of my favorite CD gaming systems that I own.

edit: I got my NGPC in 1999 along with Metal Slug 1st Mission. Have almost all games released for the system. My latest addition a couple of years ago was the slim version of the console.

Last edited:

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
I've had my single slot cab for almost 2 years now. I got one hell of a deal the cab and 12 games for $600. Not sure how long I've had my ngpc but its been over ten years. Currently in the market for the AES just waiting to find a good deal or bundle situation.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I got my first Neo-Geo in July of 99. I was 16 and finally had a job. I'd always lusted over those ads in the back of EGM. Then after a few paychecks I was able to live the dream

sayadin1315

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
i always wanted one since i first saw it at a incredible universe store in Texas back in 94'.... was memorize with how well samurai showdown 2 looked. not until 2003 that i was able to snag one.

dagoto19

n00b
Grew up playing a lot of emulators on my PC and got introduced to Neo-Geo/SNK games by my uncle.
Ever since then I dreamed of getting an actual machine to fit into my pad.
Lo' and behold now in my college years I managed to snatch a 4-slot MVS just about a year ago for a decent price and few games.
I'm not really interested in playing the whole library (every game system has to have some shitty games) so I only get the ones I can afford.
Though personally if anyone can get a working flashcart for around $200 I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat.

kaironman

n00b
I got married last march, and went to honeymoon to Japan. There I got my Front Loader Neo Geo CD, complete with the box, manuals, controller boxes... I was happy with it but after hearing about NeoSD I decided to buy a MVS + Supergun, around last november.

Apart from that, in the 90s played it on Arcades, later in my PC with MAME and NeoRageX and in diverse compilations for other consoles.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Neo RageX was a good emulator, ran great with scanlines and no filters on a VGA tube, what a crisp and pleasant experience...good times.

kaironman

n00b
Neo RageX was a good emulator, ran great with scanlines and no filters on a VGA tube, what a crisp and pleasant experience...good times.

Before the "X" version, there it was the plain NeoRage for MS-DOS, you must run it from command lines. The first time I used it to run Neo-Geo games on my PC, it blew my mind. Arcade games at home!

The only shame was that raster effects of Super Sidekicks 2 were not correctly emulated, and the pitch was a green carpet, with not grass stripes or penalty areas.

Do you think NeoSD loading times are too long? Metal Slug took 15 minutes to load on my Pentium-100!

NeoRageX was way better, great GUI, faster loading times and better (but not perfect) raster effects emulation.

MS-DOS emulators, kGen, Nesticle, Genecyst... great pieces of 90s software.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah man, I used to play kawaks on Kaillera while on the phone with friends, it was so much fun, loved how Nebula and Kawaks worked together for a while, very decent emulator tool. Nebula reminded me a lot of NeoRageX front end, love the skins too, there was a dungeons and dragons one that looked amazing.

Today I find myself using fightcade, it runs on final burn alpha, it plays really well online, there's a thread here for it, check it out!

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I've had a 6-slot Electrocoin NeoGeo cab since 1994- lovely unit, with stereo sound. A few years back the board played up due to lost PCB tracks from the dreaded Varta backup battery, so I had the tracks repaired by a fruit machine repairer in Maidstone - amazing guy- who also replaced the battery with a lithium coin battery kit. It's worked perfectly since. I had a number of circuit boards similarly repaired/upgraded at the same time.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I tough I would never buy a Neo Geo, didn't like the games that much. I just bought one to get it into my collection. But I loved it. I started buying the NGCD on 30/Nov/2016. I loved it so much due to Metal slug that on 12/Jan/2017 I got my MVS system (MV1-FZ) unfortunately some games does not makes sound on it, and 14/Fev/2017 I bought my AES, since the MVS had sound issues I got another MVS, the MV1-A (not sure if it is a AX because it has not yet arrived) on 08/Mar/2017, and today (10/Mar/2017) I just got my CDZ. They should arrive next week, can't wait to get my hands on them :).

Last edited: