How do say SNES?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Aussies pronounce SEGA as see-ga.

I remember that we did too in the UK back in master system days. The start up had the sega lettering but no voice effects so it was just a guess we made I assume. Obviously the megadrive/genesis came along and sega was actually spoken on start up then so yeah, we all changed then.

Not sure why the Aussies would have stuck with the original.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Aussies pronounce SEGA as see-ga.
I think that's just the nature of their accent tho. Like say Mad Max for example. They normally say Meed Meex.

How do you say razorblades in Australia?

Rise up lights.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think that's just the nature of their accent tho. Like say Mad Max for example. They normally say Meed Meex.

Rise up lights.

Meed Meex!? hell no! It's Maad Max. Ya carn't base evrethin' on 'hat simpsons episode.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think hes refering to Americans?

Mario is pronounced Ma-Re-O over here which is correct as far as I am aware?
Yeah, to his fucked up UK ear, Mah Ree Oh sounds like Mo-Rio. Because they pronounce it Mare-E-Oh like retards.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Rise up lights.

Rise Up Lights. If you actually say it fast enough, it does sound like you have a Australian Accent. Very good

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Rise Up Lights. If you actually say it fast enough, it does sound like you have a Australian Accent. Very good

Beer can = Jamaican bacon

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Beer can = Jamaican bacon

You guys think you're fuckin funny don't ya?

Truth is i'd say rise up lights as 'rioze up lioghts' doesnt sound anything like fucking razah blaydes!

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
8db.png

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Yeah, to his fucked up UK ear, Mah Ree Oh sounds like Mo-Rio. Because they pronounce it Mare-E-Oh like retards.

Chill dude. Remember the English language originates from England. The correct pronunciation is the English way. Just saying...

The pronunciation for Mario comes from commercials from Nintendo which pronounces it differently for each country.

Think how Jesus is pronounced differently in Spanish speaking countries...