Hearthstone

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Also that one legendary "confessor soandso" is the cheapest card I've encountered thus far. Legendary minion spawns every time you use your hero power? Fucking seriously? That's full retard... I want one I guess.

Confessor Paletress - potentially a great card, but w/only 4 health and no deathrattle effect, it has to be set up properly (using your inspire on the same turn you play it) and hopefully after your opponent has played their primary clears.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had a ton of gold hoarded over the past 2 weeks (2000 gold) so I decided to buy 10 packs and I got a golden Yogg, which I already had, so I dusted it to make a golden Elise.

I know, crazy decision, but considering my last golden craft was Majordomo, you know I am on a whole different level.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm sitting on almost 30k dust and almost 9k gold. Every time I go to craft a golden legendary I can never decide on what I want. So I decide to just buy some packs, but I can't decide between classic packs or old gods packs. So I end up buying nothing while the accumulation continues. I did craft a golden Cthun and Nzoth at the beginning of the expansion.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Holy shit, and here I was thinking I had a nice total of 6k dust.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah whatever Sabi pls. You walletcrafted all those I'm sure

:p

Absolutely. I have spent over $900 on buying packs, expansions, adventures, and even the Mage hero where procedes went to the WWF.

I have almost all the legends for the current expansion in gold. The only legendaries I don't have are Gelbin and a lot for the Gnomes v. Goblins.

This is why I am apprehensive about encouraging this game to new players. 1) It is driven to make you try to pay to win, when this approach does not really work at all, and I am proof of that.
2) There is too much of the game lost to new players - Naxx was fantastic as an adventure, and I feel like it sucks hard that new players are denied it. Crafting the minions alone is not enough.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
If you want to be an elite player, or even top 15% of players, you'll need to spend serious money.

I've been quite content (for 16 months now) getting packs through gold and hitting rank 10-12 each season - the game is an absolute blast for me in that range. Absolutely there are days where you lose to decks you simply can't compete with, because you can't build them - and the urge to spend big money hits, but for me, for now at least, i've been able to get over that feeling quickly.

3 of my 4 kids started playing in March and all of them can compete and hit rank 16 - zero money spent - so for new players, so long as you realize to be a serious player, you need to drop serious coin, but I think there is plenty of fun to be had still at the free level, or even $20 every few months.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My wife started playing last night and we were talking about how far you can get before you hit the proverbial paywall. It's nice to know that you can still have a fun time without dropping a dime, which is exactly how my wife will play this.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If you want to be an elite player, or even top 15% of players, you'll need to spend serious money.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with this. The most powerful and consistent deck archetype is zoo, and it's the cheapest to make. To be a top player, it's more about the amount of time you need to spend on the game. To reach legend, you're looking at 200+ games a month, and even with a fast zoo deck, that takes a considerable amount of time.

I spend money on the game just to have all the cards. I like to play weird and fun decks sometimes. The problem with new players is that they're going to be restricted to a few different decks when starting out. They can still compete with others, though. It's just going to suck if they figure out that they like to play control decks, because those cost a lot of dust to craft.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I agree about the time investment being more than anything. I've seen plenty of players hit legend with F2P decks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The people I know who hit legend each month invest more time than I do. If I spent more time playing zoolock and agro shaman, which each cost 2000 gold to craft, and less time playing decks that would cost 13000 if they weren't gold, then I would be in legend status too.

I paid money so I could make crazy decks like 1TKs using Velen or Malygos, Harrison Blingtron, or wallet dragon priest.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
At least it's worth dust. I just bought 40 packs and didn't get a single legendary.

I know. But I don't need dust. I need cards I don't have. I don't want to have to use dust if I don't have to. I would've settled for a boogey monster or the new nat pagle even.

If you didn't open a single legendary in 40 packs then I'd open another 10 because your pity timer is due, so you'll surely have a legendary coming up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
At least it's worth dust. I just bought 40 packs and didn't get a single legendary.

impossible. People say that they didn't get a legendary, but it's been proven time and again that 39 is the maximum span of packs you can go without a legendary.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know. But I don't need dust. I need cards I don't have. I don't want to have to use dust if I don't have to. I would've settled for a boogey monster or the new nat pagle even.

If you didn't open a single legendary in 40 packs then I'd open another 10 because your pity timer is due, so you'll surely have a legendary coming up.

I have opened so many nat pagels. I have the boogey monster, and no one wants to have it. Will not bother to craft a gold version of it.

I still need to craft some classic goldens, like Geddon_JT.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
impossible. People say that they didn't get a legendary, but it's been proven time and again that 39 is the maximum span of packs you can go without a legendary.

You are talking about the pity timer. That's only when you open packs of the same set. I'm way too stupid to do something so rational to ensure that I get something.

I got a few more packs today and got Xaril and Cho'gall. Not the best but I feel better at least :p

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I crafted a golden rag, cairne, and antonidas last night. Hesitant on doing geddon jt

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I crafted a golden rag, cairne, and antonidas last night. Hesitant on doing geddon jt

Gotta catch em all. It's gonna happen one way or another. If you are playing a lot of control warrior, now is as good a time as any.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Geddon is not as useful as before. I can use him in control warrior but control warrior sucks dick now.

It's all about dragon warrior or pirate warrior.

And occasionally OTK warrior.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I still need a golden Antonidas but he's not high on the list. I think my next golden might be Nozdormu just to complete my Yogg Mage, where Nozdormu is the pre drop before the Yogg.

And yes, this will cut off the opponents turn.