Hearthstone

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Has anyone tried out Duelyst yet? https://duelyst.com/

I've not, but am hearing mostly good to very good things.

i've played a few games. it seems alright i guess. might and magic duel of champions i feel is a much better execution of this kind of concept but unfortunately they're not releasing any further content for that game and it seems pretty dead. add me on duelyst at 'hanasu' and send me a message if you ever want to play

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am personally loving the new legendaries.

Fandral Staghelm - takes half the Druid cards and makes them extremely valuable.
Ragnaros Light God - can attack and heals 8 health
Really nice stuff.

I need to figure out how to use Fandral in an agro Druid deck.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I haven't been putting in much time this month. I like the new cards just fine, but I haven't had money to buy packs because I have been accumulating more arcade shit the last little while. Next week I will pick up 50 packs and craft the rest of the shit I want and then work back towards legend.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I haven't been putting in much time this month. I like the new cards just fine, but I haven't had money to buy packs because I have been accumulating more arcade shit the last little while. Next week I will pick up 50 packs and craft the rest of the shit I want and then work back towards legend.

40 packs.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The new Rag is a card I severely underestimated. 16 health swing per turn is actually pretty good.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's so weird that the new Rag isn't neutral. Making it Paladin-only is confusing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's so weird that the new Rag isn't neutral. Making it Paladin-only is confusing.

It is a must include card in paladin decks. Especially if you are playing N'zoth and want to bait a hex or polymorph.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The steward of darkshire draws hexes too - it's a great 3 cost card and gives a lot of options. I'm trying to craft a deck w/darkshire, lightlord, djini's and quartermasters. Slowly working it out. I dropped both Murloc knights to add rallying blade and a 2nd stand against darkness. I like having both quarters and darkshires since it doubles up your options w/the 5 recruits, but I might drop the djinis for a couple blood knights.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rallying blade is a great new card. Drop it on turn two with coin and an Argent Squire on the board and you're Mr. Tempo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The steward of darkshire draws hexes too - it's a great 3 cost card and gives a lot of options. I'm trying to craft a deck w/darkshire, lightlord, djini's and quartermasters. Slowly working it out. I dropped both Murloc knights to add rallying blade and a 2nd stand against darkness. I like having both quarters and darkshires since it doubles up your options w/the 5 recruits, but I might drop the djinis for a couple blood knights.

darkshire whatever don't matter. The point of drawing out hexes is to be able to get the full benefits of Tirion Fordring and Sylvanas, twice.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Right. So if they poly/hex/assassinate when you drop a darkshire and a muster for battle - your legendaries are free and clear. There are few 3 cost cards that cause overreaction - this is one. Yes - I play in the 16-18 range. I get that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Right. So if they poly/hex/assassinate when you drop a darkshire and a muster for battle - your legendaries are free and clear. There are few 3 cost cards that cause overreaction - this is one. Yes - I play in the 16-18 range. I get that.

If a player has hex or polymorph in their deck, they probably have better removals for a 3 health card.

Besides that, if I am playing against a paladin, I don't mulligan for a large removal.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
If a player has hex or polymorph in their deck, they probably have better removals for a 3 health card.

If they don't have crackle/earthshock/frostbolt in hand yet tho - and they have the other; it gets used. I'm not advocating for it - i'm saying i'm seeing it happen with fair regularity. I don't know what matches rank 10 and above look like really - aside random YT vids - only where I play in 15-19 range.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm going to have delirium tremens - on vacation and won't play for at least a week.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm going to have delirium tremens - on vacation and won't play for at least a week.

I went two when I travelled to filthy India. I played CFC on the NGPC instead. Not the same, but close enough.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If they don't have crackle/earthshock/frostbolt in hand yet tho - and they have the other; it gets used. I'm not advocating for it - i'm saying i'm seeing it happen with fair regularity. I don't know what matches rank 10 and above look like really - aside random YT vids - only where I play in 15-19 range.

For one thing, people aren't using steward of darkshire at all after rank 12. It's a gimmick card, at the level of hobgoblin. Might as well include that in a steward deck too, since we are talking about players who still use crackle.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I fucking lost it when Huffers were the only thing rotating in the R.A.G.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/19649595564

Good breakdown of the draw rates for packs from a single user with 1100 packs sampled.

Also, I got a golden Valeera yesterday but it was a total buzzkill because I was trying to win it with Ragnaros as my portrait; opponent disconnected. My deck was primarily pirates. It was meant to draw them in for the likely easy match ups. But at rank 20, the amount of rage quitting is really high.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Got Golden Uther, using Majordomo which summoned Ragnaros, so when the oprtrait zooms in and changes to gold, it started as Uther and then Ragnaros burns through it in full animation, like GET THE FUCK OUT INSECT!

SO HOT.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Got Golden Uther, using Majordomo which summoned Ragnaros, so when the oprtrait zooms in and changes to gold, it started as Uther and then Ragnaros burns through it in full animation, like GET THE FUCK OUT INSECT!

SO HOT.

Only took you like a billion tries...

WP, tho ;)