Hasbro brings back retro Tiger LCD handheld games

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
What a shameful waste of plastic. They were shit 30 years ago and are beyond stupid now. I remember saving up pocket money and walking miles to the shop to get the Gauntlet one. It was a long walk home with that piece of shit.

Chanticleer Hegemony or Nonsuch Racing anyone? :spock:

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I used to play them when I was a kid, but, yeah, they're shit compared to the original Gameboy. They pop up at the thrift store I work at every now and then, and I don't think we ever put more than a buck or two on them, at most, but, they do sell. I imagine there are collectors out there and some people have strong nostalgia for them.

Hasbro is probably just looking at the NES/Genesis/SNES mini market and is hoping for a piece of that with these. But, on that note, it'd be more "fun" if, rather, than sticking with the old LCD format, it was actually an emulator with a shitload of titles on it you could pick from. On that note, I just remembered that, when we were kids, one of my younger sisters had a Star Wars LCD game unit with "cartridges" that were separate LCD screens/games that plugged into the main unit.

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I really doubt anyone will actually play these: adult buyers will just toss them on a shelf and kids will just don't want to play shitty games. That being said, I guess they'll sell well as a collector's item. A shitty collector's item.

I did have fun as a kit with a few LCD games though, even if they couldn't compare to a GameBoy. Have fond memories of playing the DK and Mario Bros Game & Watch, but wouldn't go back to them.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
These were only good if your mom wouldn’t get you a Gameboy. Period.

More like too poor for a Gameboy so you had to settle for one of these... and that would be me. These things don't need a comeback.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
well there is the fact that some people cant afford a phone for their 8 year old?
but yeah kid will still be bummed.

what a waste, all those batteries...wonder how much more an old ds or what was it before them colors, would cost?

stupid hipsters all consumerish and non Hippy.
You can buy smart phones like old iphone for literally like 20 to 40 dollars.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Mega Man 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog were the two that I played the most--always on mute, the sound on those things will drive you batshit insane or give you a migraine pretty quickly. I might have played my sister's Little Mermaid one once or twice too, but I would never admit such a thing on a masculine forum like ours . . . oops.