hardest neo boss of all time!

satya

n00b
my vote is for that devil boss in samurai shodown 6. Cant even get one round and i have finished the last five lol

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
my vote is for that devil boss in samurai shodown 6. Cant even get one round and i have finished the last five lol
MINE WOULD HAVE....
to be ye old Omega Rugal from 98 & 02. That all encompassing fireball is b*llshit of the highest order. Unlike other KOF bosses, I can't beat him in a 'fair' fight. I always have to resort to abusing the stall in Roberts Hien Ryujin Kick to the absolute max...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Wheelchair guy in NAM... one life only, I mean come on.

/thread

I set the MVS difficulty to 1 (lol) just to see if I could get to the end. I could, with plenty of lives/credits, then DAYUM.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Everyone knows the ultimate is Johan in ROTD.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nah, Johan is beatable. I can't remember exactly how, it's been years since I've played that game. There was some stupid trick that he would fall for every time.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
MINE WOULD HAVE....
to be ye old Omega Rugal from 98 & 02. That all encompassing fireball is b*llshit of the highest order. Unlike other KOF bosses, I can't beat him in a 'fair' fight. I always have to resort to abusing the stall in Roberts Hien Ryujin Kick to the absolute max...

98 Rugal is one of the fairest boss fights there is in my opinion. If you lose it's usually your fault.

How about King Lion? Or 2001 Zero.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Gal Agiese.

His Engrish makes my power powerless in his presence.

satya

n00b
i thought 98 was easy lol. finished it on my first game! ss6 is a snkplaymore game so i guess it still counts! Anyone here beat that guy. I cant

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
bah, the boss of nam-1975 isn't very hard (not by arcade game final boss standards) it's certainly hard to practice though, since it takes a long time to get to him and then you only get one shot to figure out the pattern, but once you know what you are doing it's pretty easy actually. The whole no continue thing throws people off since it's a arcade game and all, but as far as actual difficulty in pattern memorization and bullet dodging and stuff.....the boss is pretty fair. If you couldn't continue on other neogeo non fighting game boss stages, nam-1975 probably wouldn't even make peoples top 10 in difficulty IMO.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
98 Rugal is one of the fairest boss fights there is in my opinion. If you lose it's usually your fault.

How about King Lion? Or 2001 Zero.
2001 ZERO'S ABILITY...
to pull SDM's out of thin air is pretty annoying, but no. He's not difficult imo - and neither is Igniz.

As long as you choose a single character with 4x Strikers + 4 Super bars, you're all set. Sadly, it took me a while to realise that 01 is heavily ratio'd, thus, you'll REALLY struggle to defeat either of those boss' with a team of four.

As for "DYNOOOMYYYYYTE"... he's an arse, but again, I find him and Jyazu much fairer than 98 Rugal. Seemingly I just take exception to having my sweeps 'Genocide Cutter'ed...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What about Geese from AOF2? Hell how about almost everyone from AOF2.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Hardest Neo bosses of all time (all on difficulty level 8):

Geese Howard in Art of Fighting 2
Rugal in King of Fighters 94
Kouryu in Last Blade 2

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Final boss from Ninja Combat. No idea how to beat him without my time running up and that thing chase after me.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I remember getting stuck on Samurai Shodown 4's final boss for a while. Although I'm not sure if that was the "A.I." or just my tactics at the time.

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
If shootem-ups count what about some of the bosses in Blazing Star?,they are pretty ass-kicking like one on level 6.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
I thought the last guy on breakers revenge was feckin nails but I managed to beat him almost straight away last time I played it. Maybe I got lucky...

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Quite a tough game that til you get used to the spirit garbage!!
I always hate RUGAL '94. :mad:
First time i got there i thought this guy is the easiest so far!! Til round 2.... Fark a duck...
If shootem-ups count what about some of the bosses in Blazing Star?,they are pretty ass-kicking like one on level 6.
God yeah... Huge boss!!

Wheelchair guy in NAM... one life only, I mean come on.
No way!!! :lolz: I spose ive had 20 plus years of practice ;)

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
This he's a son of a bitch in kof 95 to and zankuro in ss3 is nothin nice either.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,

my thoughts exactly when seeing the thread title... I love that game and part of that love is due to the insane difficulty. Getting to a bonus stage feels like a huge victory already :)